Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:35:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Blood and Plunder Kickstarter package arrives  (Read 2625 times)

Offline mweaver

• Scatterbrained Genius
Blood and Plunder Kickstarter package arrives
« on: January 29, 2017, 02:13:41 AM »
I did not see another thread on this topic.  Apologies if there is one and I overlooked it.  This week my Blood and Plunder kickstater package arrived - book, figures and ships.   All very nice.  This KS was a really big one, and I am impressed that Firelock Games delivered it very close to the original target date (which if I remember was late December).   At the moment I am binging on Western figures for our Shadows of Brimstone games, but the first break I take from that project I think one of the B&P factions is going to be next.

-Michael
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 02:16:08 AM by mweaver »

Offline cianty

• Scientist
    • cianty's Tabletop Wargames Blog
Re: Blood and Plunder Kickstarter package arrives
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 08:10:39 AM »
Good to hear! Like the rest of the world (i.e. those outside America) I am still waiting for mine, although I am fine with waiting for 1-2 months as I have more than enough stuff on the bench. I'm especially curious about the ships...

Offline michaelsbagley

• Assistant
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2017, 04:14:42 PM »
Got mine almost two weeks ago (I am guessing I was lucky enough to be in the first wave mailed out).

Pretty impressed by the quality and overall appearance of everything included. Been too busy with work and other things to read through the rules entirely yet, but they look good, and hold promise of some great games.
If I knew who the evil genius was, I wouldn't need a diabolical plot to find him...

Offline hentzau

• Librarian
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2017, 03:46:32 PM »
Good to hear! Like the rest of the world (i.e. those outside America) I am still waiting for mine, although I am fine with waiting for 1-2 months as I have more than enough stuff on the bench. I'm especially curious about the ships...

The ships are some of the finest quality resin casts ships I've seen.  Admittedly, that isn't a lot, but every time I have a resin cast ship from some other company in my hand, I always end up putting them back because I was never satisfied with the quality of the casts.  These ships are absolutely gorgeous (well, the sloops and the longboats.  Those are the only two that I got.) Incredible detail, sturdy, almost no clean up on the ships (a little bit of flash at the gun ports is all I've found) plus all of the masts and the hardware to put your masts and sails together.  I'm planning on buying at least two more ships in the near future.

Offline CptJake

• Mastermind
  • Hooah!
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2017, 04:33:15 PM »
I got the sloop and brigantine.   I like the castings, and the fact they came with a ton of accessories.   I admit, I'm going to need help to figure out where everything but the guns go...

:?

Brig:

Sloop:

The pirates/crews/infantry are okay.   The way they were packed meant I got a LOT of bent muskets/swords/pikes, and some will not straighten correctly.   The alternate/KS exclusive figures don't come with the cards for game use, which I thought was an interesting decision (they could have included the card for the standard version easily enough).

Every time a bad person dies, a Paratrooper gets his wings.

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2017, 07:09:29 PM »
They do look rather crisp and splendid  :)

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2017, 09:44:24 PM »
Shiny! The sloop looks pretty neat. Much better than what I bought some ten years ago from another seller.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2017, 09:51:30 PM »
Colour me jealous.  I had big plans for diving in on the KS only to run out of spare cash right when it was open.  Can't wait to see what people do with this stuff.
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline mweaver

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2017, 11:25:42 PM »
Cpt. Jake: "I admit, I'm going to need help to figure out where everything but the guns go..."

Ditto!

Maybe they will post a helpful instructional video on youtube, as they did with rules previews.

-Michael

Offline Sir_Theo

• Mastermind
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2017, 11:28:41 PM »
I've got about a month or so to wait I think.  It's great seeing all the US pledges arriving on Facebook,  everything looks fantastic. 

I didn't get any ships in the end,  so I'm hoping they get a UK retailer to carry the stuff as I would like to get some at some point!

Offline Marine0846

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2017, 11:54:35 PM »
The ship looks great.
May have to pick one up when they are for sale to the public.
Semper Fi, Mac

Offline Condottiere

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2017, 03:26:49 AM »
Cpt. Jake: "I admit, I'm going to need help to figure out where everything but the guns go..."

Ditto!

Maybe they will post a helpful instructional video on youtube, as they did with rules previews.

-Michael

Got my rules, light frigate and crew about three weeks ago...

The hemp dice bags with drawstrings are a nice touch...

Is it me or are the pistols and muskets a little thin in scale with the figures? Over half of the forearms arrived bent at almost 90 degrees, while the swords are almost straight, so would've been nice if these were cast a little thicker, in the interests of durability. I might be able to kitbash with the Mordheim sprues...  

Assembly instructions are in the "Printable Sails" section, but still feels like I'm assembling Ikea furniture :-I lol- RP10, 11 and 14 almost look the same in the photo.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 03:35:58 AM by Condottiere »

Offline mweaver

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2017, 03:59:37 AM »
I had some weapons bent, but nothing broken.  I have not had too much difficulty straightening weapons (so far - have not done all).  Some of the pistols look a little small, but I think that is in part that with some of the ranges I like and am more familiar with (like Black Scorpion) the pistols seem to me to be a bit oversized (although that is probably more true with his Tombstone figures than his pirates, come to think).  I am sure there are folks here that know a lot more about this subject than I do, but wasn't there considerable variation in the size of pistols anyway?

-Michael

Offline Condottiere

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2017, 04:58:55 AM »
I had some weapons bent, but nothing broken.  I have not had too much difficulty straightening weapons (so far - have not done all).  Some of the pistols look a little small, but I think that is in part that with some of the ranges I like and am more familiar with (like Black Scorpion) the pistols seem to me to be a bit oversized (although that is probably more true with his Tombstone figures than his pirates, come to think).  I am sure there are folks here that know a lot more about this subject than I do, but wasn't there considerable variation in the size of pistols anyway?

-Michael
There were variations in musket and pistol caliber and the firearms are probably properly sized, but for the aforementioned reason, I'd have liked stocks and bores. The pistols look appropriately sized for 19th C. revolvers, since these lack a wooden stock.

Since the ships lack decoration, anyone recommend a suitably sized figureheads? Foundry Nymphs or something from Brother Vinni? lol

For the Francophones out there, is it La Salope Saine or La Saine Salope? I thought the adjective would come after the noun, but when the meaning's "wholesome" or "good" is it like la bonne femme?    
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 05:13:20 AM by Condottiere »

Offline Hitman

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2017, 05:10:02 AM »
Happy days for me today as my package was waiting for me when I got home. Some weapons were bent in my packages as well but should be able to bend straight with care. I am very glad to have supported this kick starter. Everything looks great.
Regards,
Hitman
 8)
Victory is guaranteed to the last man standing, but always remember those whom you stepped on to get there!!