Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:22:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Collecting Spectre Miniatures  (Read 1281 times)

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
    • Sally 4th Wargames Terrain & Figure Storage
Collecting Spectre Miniatures
« on: January 26, 2017, 06:11:04 PM »
At Crisis last year we were next door to Spectre Miniatures, a lovely bunch of people with a fantastic figure range that was all new to me.
I have started painting up some of the miniatures to use in their own skirmish game, Combat Patrol, Pulp Alley and 7TV.

As I paint up more miniatures and play some games with them, I'll add them to the thread.

The figures have been rebased on Sally 4th clear Perspex bases, click here for further information. http://wargamesbuildings.co.uk/Clear-Terra-Bases
Chris Abbey
Www.sally4th.co.uk

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Re: Collecting Spectre Miniatures
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 06:30:34 PM »
They are indeed nice figures Chris and they have a good variety of types (ie militias,  special forces,  security personnel,  etc).

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
    • Sally 4th Wargames Terrain & Figure Storage
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 06:48:14 PM »
Fantastic, have you used them much for gaming so far?
Which rules did you use?

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2017, 07:34:42 PM »
They're mostly "in the pile" but I use Black Ops for my modern imagi-nation. I've got Skirmish Sangin and it looks great it's just too much for the rest of the group to take in!

Offline NurgleHH

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spacelord
    • Victory Decision Vietnam
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2017, 01:54:37 PM »
They're mostly "in the pile" but I use Black Ops for my modern imagi-nation. I've got Skirmish Sangin and it looks great it's just too much for the rest of the group to take in!
Skirmish sangin is so damn technical with too much rules. Not good for a game flow. BlackOps is fast and good. The Spectreoperations rules seem also to be fast and good, a little more rules than BlackOps, but not such a rulemaster like Skirmish Sangin.
Victory Decision Vietnam here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=43264.0

Victory Decision Spacelords here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=68939.0

My pictures: http://pictures.dirknet.de/

Offline AlexM

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2017, 02:34:01 PM »
I really enjoy Sangin, I find it does the best job of representing infantry combat at the squad level, just depends what kind of game you're after.

Offline arget8

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2017, 03:22:12 PM »
I haven't tried Spectre Ops yet, but I am looking forward to trying it when I get a chance. As to Sangin, I think it works great and feels the closest to reality when there are less than 30-40 minis on the board and when you have fewer than four players, but when you play it in a large group (convention style) or with too many models, you can get pretty bogged down. Sangin is best played with a couple players who know the rules, which means that there will be little interruption of the game flow. It's definitely one of those systems that can put people off if they only play it once or twice and have to constantly be looking things up.

Bottom line:

If you are looking for 1-2 squads worth of men, go with Sangin. If you want a platoon, try either Spectre or Force on Force.