Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:43:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Tom Clancy`s The Division project  (Read 1857 times)

Offline Nimrod

• Scientist
    • Слишком много ножей
Tom Clancy`s The Division project
« on: January 29, 2017, 05:32:56 PM »
I have spent a plenty of time last year playing Tom Clancy`s The Division with a couple of my friends.
And in process of playing i was not able to stop thinking about how good the games setting can  be converted to tabletop skirmish game.
For people not exactly interested in modern games here is the game site where you can get some basic info about games background: http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.com/game/en-gb/home/
As I do not have any new projects for New Year requiring big amounts of hobby time and money I`ve decided to start mini project set in The Division universe.
I plan to build some basic gangs from various game factions and perhaps play a mini campaign game with friends from our wargaming club.
I plan to use Black Ops rules for this project as  these rules in my opinion can be a perfect match for Mordheim style small gangs warfare set in NewYork, something like NewYorkheim. :)
I will add some additional equipment and skill specific to this setting and over the course of the upcoming year will post setting related posts here in this blog.
I`ve made some experiments with painting and converting models to this setting and you can see first models I have finished so far.
Two of the cleaners and a couple of Rikers escapees on first picture. Don`t mind the bases as I`m currently in process of converting this projects to clear bases and now waiting for my bases order to arrive.
Second picture shows four of The Division agents and third one shows various scenario specific minis and one of the rioters.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 12:26:00 AM by Nimrod »

Offline Happy Matt

• Bookworm
Re: Tom Clancy`s The Division project
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 05:44:55 PM »
I love the "Oh shoot I was spotted" look on the trench coat guy.

It will be cool to see this develop

Offline Spectre Miniatures

• Librarian
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2017, 05:53:56 PM »
Really cleaver to paint the insurgents in hazmat and boiler suits. Great work!
www.spectreminiatures.com
Bleeding edge warfare in miniature

Offline v_lazy_dragon

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2017, 06:30:04 PM »
Great work!
Looking forward to seeing the project evolve!
Xander
Army painters thread: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=56540.msg671536#new
WinterApoc thread: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=50815.0

Offline Nimrod

• Scientist
    • Слишком много ножей
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2017, 08:38:38 PM »
Thank you gentlemen!
I hope to show next update to this project next week.

Really cleaver to paint the insurgents in hazmat and boiler suits. Great work!
Thank you! But it would be so great if you sculpted some actual NBC/hazmat wearing suits guys in the future!  :)

Offline racm32

• Mastermind
    • Wyndehurst Productions
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2017, 12:39:55 AM »
I just got into the game this year and have really enjoyed it. I agree that the lends itself well to the table top since you could play it as a co-op of agents vs a AI gange or players pick from the factions themselves. I look forward to following this project and love the models you painted so far

Offline Cypher226

• Mad Scientist
    • Friendly Fire
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2017, 08:34:45 PM »
Great project - I loved the concept of the seting, but I don't 'do' MMO games so never picked it up.

Thank you gentlemen!
I hope to show next update to this project next week.
Thank you! But it would be so great if you sculpted some actual NBC/hazmat wearing suits guys in the future!  :)

Try Hasslefree or Copplestone, they should have what you need ;)

Offline Nimrod

• Scientist
    • Слишком много ножей
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2017, 10:41:22 PM »
Thanks again! I will try to do my best with this project. This setting has an enormous potential for skirmish wargaming.

Try Hasslefree or Copplestone, they should have what you need Wink
Thank you for your suggestion!
I had my thoughts about getting some Hasslfree NBC guys but from the pictures I saw online it seems that they are "true 28mm" and so will look way too tiny compared with Spectre and Empress miniatures which I plan to use for most part of that project.
But some Hasslfree figures will eventually find their way into this project as after you mentioned NBC guys I recalled that Hasslefree has some very useful models for Rioters and Cleaners. :)
Copplestone ones are nice but sculpted in style totally different from Spectre, Empress or Hasslfree which makes them unlikely to appear in my project but I will consider them as the last resort option. :)

Offline Cypher226

• Mad Scientist
    • Friendly Fire
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2017, 08:23:35 AM »
The Hasslefree ones should be fine, I find Spectre to be more true 28mm than 30/32, same with empress. That said, I don't have the hazmats to hand to compare.

Offensive miniatures make some nice rioters etc too - but again they might be a bit big.

Offline SBRPearce

• Mad Scientist
    • "The Cellar-Dweller" blog
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2017, 06:15:05 PM »
Yeah, the Empress and Hasslefree figures I have size up beautifully beside one another.
from Mr.Vampire: "It's the paintjob that makes the miniature fight harder not the size."

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2017, 09:00:45 PM »
The Offensive Miniatures are similar to, to smaller than Hasslefree etc.

http://ultravanillasmurf.blogspot.co.uk/2011/08/unusual-suspects-1.html]

I only have riot police photographs, no actual rioters (except a group photographer).
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 09:08:41 PM by Ultravanillasmurf »