Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 03:56:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Solo play/zombies  (Read 2171 times)

Offline Tanin

• Student
Solo play/zombies
« on: January 30, 2017, 08:25:26 AM »
As with most things the older you get the harder it is. Because of commitments of myself and my gaming group I don't get as much time to play as much as I'd like.

That said has anyone got tips for solo play, with a rudimentary a.i. system rather than just play both sides.

Also has anyone have thoughts on zombie stats as I have hunderds of the little buggers?

Offline Old Coast

• Librarian
    • plastic legions
Re: Solo play/zombies
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 07:34:02 PM »
I'm working on writing up my first play through now, I used zombies as my complication.
I ran them as

Non Reactive
Tough 1
Zombie attacks were - Primitive

They had either
no armor,
space suits
or Light Combat Dress..
depending on the model (I use the mantic plague zombies)

Check out my adventures in lead and plastic http://plasticlegions.blogspot.com

Offline Tanin

• Student
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 01:44:48 PM »
Tried your suggestion for zombies, although used the Cyberzombie things from Sedition Wars as the games pap but figures are nice (and my mantic zeds are still sitting on my pile of un-built figures).

One little tweak was used the Kill Zone template from TWD All Out War (6 inch blast marker with 1inch hole cut in the middle) as a Lunge move for the zeds. Played it for one action if a person was within the zone a zombie could move and attack but at TN12 and a Terrain Test.

To decide which zombie acted I had it nearest zombie with less than 3 Stress activate. Once all had 3 Stress they would try to steal the iniaitive if reacting or pass the iniaitive if the acting player.

For how many dice they rolled I used 3 different coloured dice (red, yellow, green) and a d6. On a 1-2 it used only the red dice; on a 3-4 used the red and green dice; on 5-6 used all 3 dice.

Offline Old Coast

• Librarian
    • plastic legions
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2017, 02:23:56 PM »
 I should have mentioned this above, apologies...but since I used mine as a complication between two teams, I made my zombies in addition to above "immune to psych" (to use a term from a different game) so no morale or stress.  Interesting with the TWD rule, In my game Zombies never  attempted to seize the initiative, they only reacted to either teams to failed activations, and whenever initiative changed between teams I gave ALL the zombies a chance to activate. Finally because RS has zero rules on movement other than how far you can move (run, walk, sprint,etc) I use the standard 1" control zone from other games in RS, (meaning no model can pass within 1" of any other enemy figure without automatically being engaged in melee)
On a Space Hulk style board with a dozen zombies this led to some craziness, Of course OOA figures brought down by zombies will become Zombies themselves!- I'll save that for my AAR which I should get posted sometime this week.