Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:35:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690723
  • Total Topics: 118343
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: [KICKSTARTER ON] NETWORK DISTRICT - Sci-fi modular terrain mdf  (Read 1383 times)

Offline Sixool

• Schoolboy
[KICKSTARTER ON] NETWORK DISTRICT - Sci-fi modular terrain mdf
« on: January 31, 2017, 10:23:13 AM »

KICKSTARTER ON !!!

NETWORK DISTRICT - Sci-fi modular terrain in 3mm mdf for 28/30mm miniatures - Made in France

Make your pledge as you want, only what you need with "My Pledge" !!!

>>> GO TO KICKSTARTER PROJECT<<<

Best regards !

Offline Asslessman

• Scientist
    • LEADPLAGUE
Re: [KICKSTARTER ON] NETWORK DISTRICT - Sci-fi modular terrain mdf
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 10:27:05 AM »
Some very well designed kits for sure, I'll surely upgrade what I have with a combo. That control tower is just brilliant.

Offline Sixool

• Schoolboy
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2017, 09:16:22 AM »
Dear friends,

As our Network District project on Kickstarter did not get the start we hoped for, we made the decision to close it to date.

We will be revisiting our Network District range to offer you, within a few months, a brand new version. The Modularity aspect of our buildings will be amplified. We will come back with the same concept but more modular, more affordable, while keeping the soul and identity of our range.

We invite you to LIKE our page to be able to follow us and keep you informed of this new project.

As a great philosopher said: "From your failures you will learn ... and your big behind you will raise!"

See you soon
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 11:11:52 AM by Sixool »

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2017, 09:27:15 AM »
So after 6 days it was closed already because it didn't go fast enough? Wow...Kickstarter can be an odd thing.

My feedback on the designs: I wasn't interested because I see more of the same. There are already so many manufacturers producing Infinity-type buildings covered in Hexagons, the same type of style with the angles and rooftops. It's just more...not really anything new or innovating. And at €24 for a single building, I closed the Kickstarter's window and looked away.
So for new designs I'd say: design something new, novel and inspiring. Like what Knights of Dice is doing or Multiverse. Provide something others don't.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 09:30:11 AM by Malebolgia »
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline Sixool

• Schoolboy
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2017, 10:09:42 AM »
Yes, I understand your feelings. Our prices seemed expensive and yet our margins were very low.

We will optimize our buildings to improve them and make our prices more competitive. Our concept of modularity is a good concept that deserves to be exploited.

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2017, 10:54:25 AM »
Our prices seemed expensive and yet our margins were very low.

The buildings looked good, but are far more expensive than alternates that are already available from established manufacturers.
Your engraved Single building with 1 upper floor extension was priced at €66. A 3 story (base plus 2 floors) in similar style engraving from MAS is €29.52, plus the MAS building has a larger plan area as well as the extra height.
That is too much of a price differential.

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2017, 11:13:59 AM »
Our concept of modularity is a good concept that deserves to be exploited.

Is it? A lot of Infinity MDF buildings are modular when assembling. Which is nice, but nothing huge I'd say. But for me modularity stops once stuff has been painted. You don't want to deconstruct or alter the construction after painting. The MDF gets damaged too quickly for that.
I think a new aproach to the types of buildings (make it more Haqislam for instance, not that much futuristic arabian style out there) and new sorts of buildings would be more interesting. But that's just me, one gamer with sometimes quirky tastes ;D

Offline Sixool

• Schoolboy
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2017, 11:29:51 AM »
@robh
Our buildings have many engravings, more than MAS, but probably too much. The MAS building you quote does not have the same dimensions and especially MAS have their own manufacturer.

@Malebolgia
Your point of view is interesting. I looked at the buildings of Knights of Dice and it is true that they are really beautiful. We will think about it !

Offline vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2017, 03:34:02 PM »
I look forward to seeing the new version.
I am going to build a wargames army, a big beautiful wargames army, and Mexico is going to pay for it.

2019 Painting Challenge :
figures bought: 500+
figures painted: 57
9 vehicles painted
4 terrain pieces scratchbuilt