Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:47:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690652
  • Total Topics: 118342
  • Online Today: 866
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Live [Kickstarter] for Wreck Age VEHICLES + Free Beta 2E Quick Start Rules  (Read 8908 times)

Offline therepoman

• Scientist
You guys are warming my heart!

Rob: we always kind of had the smattering of high tech throughout a low-tech world, and that's not going to change. Basically vehicles are our way of getting into bigger games (500+ RU), in regular sized games, you might see a bike or two, but at 150 RU base costs, a car is going to be out of reach for most crews, and if you've got it, it's definitely going to have a target painted on it (figuratively, but I guess you could literally paint one on there if you wanted). I think the goal is to have cars be something fought OVER as much as something that is fought against.

We're not shying away from the low tech stuff, but we have a lot of the higher tech stuff, and in the future, we'll even have some advanced tech... Since Church of Fun is being brought up:

As for CoF: We've got a sculptor working on 6 models right now. We weren't totally happy with the initial 5, but we turned that into a blister of 2 which we'll have at Adepticon, and on our web store soon. Beyond that, we really need about 15 to launch that faction, even with alternate weapon options. It's slower going than I'd like, and we have a lot we haven't shown yet there. I'm really really anal about having our miniatures fit together, and we've ditched a good number of casts that I didn't think were up to snuff, CoF unfortunately being one of them. That said, if you place an order and send us a nice message you might get a few of them sent along... just saying!
;)

CoF will definitely have that limited tech, (human) animal powered aesthetic to them, on drugs! They're going to be our only "mob" faction, with a lot more models in a crew than the others. We'll have play test ready rules for them sometime this summer, along with the ARHK, who are also a squad-based faction, but are on the smaller end of the scale (usually 5 models per crew). The goal is to give everyone a faction choice for their playstyle: shooting, melee, large mob, small squad, high tech, low tech, etc... If you think we're missing something, let us know. It doesn't take a lot for us to turn on a dime, since it's a really small operation, but some ideas (like cars) take a while to come to fruition.

European distribution has been tough for us to break into, but we're hoping this kickstarter gives us enough money to get our retail ready packaging done (with UPC codes and all that fancy nonsense) that will make that more of a possibility. We've reached out to a lot of distros in europe, and with only one or two exceptions, we haven't gotten orders, and very little response, but we'll keep trying!
post-collapse tabletop adventures: www.wreck-age.net

Offline msears

• Bookworm
What Anton said! Thanks for the kind words people.

Rob I hear your concerns, and am thinking up a few nice and dingy low tech scenarios because of it. If the Stitchers vs Reclaimers batrep we just did shows anything, playing high tech might not be my strength...

I'll send you an email once we launch this Kickstarter and the dust settles a bit. We chatted a lot when we launched this game and I am sure a little of your DNA ended up in there. Glad to hear you are still invested in PA gaming.

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
I'm not clear on what your question is Grimm.

We're making cars and accessories for the game that we've spent 5 or 6 years of our life designing, playing, and working on.

Not sure why there would be any harm in that!
Why 1/43?
I say make the cars, please.
Why 1/43 though?

Grimm

Offline therepoman

• Scientist
Why 1/43?
I say make the cars, please.
Why 1/43 though?

Grimm

Ah, I totally misunderstood the question, my mistake.

The scale is designed for 28mm-32mm models (and even 35mm depending on their actual size). Some people say this is 1:43, and other say it's 1:56. As we were planning this campaign, we had some people who were VERY opinionated that this is 1:43 scale, and so that's what we decided to call it. Now, we've had some other people who are also very opinionated since we've announced it, that the "correct" scale for 28mm is 1:56. To me, scale is very important, but 1:56 or 1:43 doesn't really tell the story, since what's important is the size of the details, the height to the roof, the size of the seats inside, etc... Those things are scaled for our line of 28mm models, but it fits well with 32-35mm GW heroic scale imperial guard for example as well.

The size of the 1st car chassis is 92mm x 38mm. We'll try to put some scale pictures up, and you can see the sizing once the kickstarter launches. We don't have prints of the renders done yet, but this is definitely scaled with 28mm in mind.

The roads that we're doing are also scaled to 28mm, as is everything else in the campaign. We don't have anything in our line of miniatures that is out of scale, and this won't be an exception to that. I hope that makes some sense.

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Everything is Better with Vampire Supermodels
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya

1:43 seems like a good idea for me, because gamers can have a huge lot of die cast and plastic model vehicles from several manufacturers available for conversions. 

West Wind designed their Road Kill line of 32mm miniatures to go well with 1:43 vehicles, and they do!  ;)
"Because life is made of inspiration, dreaming and insanity in about equal measure."
- Erzsébet Báthory - 1560-1614 (?)

Offline AlexM

• Scientist
SOOOO..big day, big question - when does this go live :)

Offline therepoman

• Scientist

Offline Manchu

• Mad Scientist
    • Life on Jasoom?
In for $85. Considering another $35 for some Stakers. Wish I could afford that road!

Offline joshuaslater

• Scientist
I'm in too.  I am going crazy for post apoc.  It's a good time for it.  I'm going to start with TINAT, get Wreck Age, and Scrappers.  That should keep me busy for a long time.......

Offline Manchu

• Mad Scientist
    • Life on Jasoom?
These vehicles will also be perfect for Gaslands, to be published by Osprey in October.

Offline joshuaslater

• Scientist
These vehicles will also be perfect for Gaslands, to be published by Osprey in October.

The post apoc rabbit hole goes deeper?!.

Offline Manchu

• Mad Scientist
    • Life on Jasoom?
Head's up, new Add On:

"You can also do a 4 piece add-on of just straight pieces. Mix and match the regular straights, or the crumbled straight road sections. $45 for the set of 4!"

Offline CptJake

• Mastermind
  • Hooah!
More than $10 a section is pretty expensive.   They do look nice though.  I would like to see one of the cars on one of the road pieces. 
Every time a bad person dies, a Paratrooper gets his wings.

Offline Manchu

• Mad Scientist
    • Life on Jasoom?
The $45 set is slightly cheaper per piece than the $80 set (I am counting the two cap pieces as a single piece). At $11 and some change per piece, they are certainly not cheap by any measure. But on the other hand they are the best looking 28mm asphalt roads I have seen.

Second the request for a pic of one of the cars on the road.

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
Campaign is off to a really good start. Congrats guys!