Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:03:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Any news on Gripping Beast's plastic Goth/Vandal or Late Roman Cavalry?  (Read 3446 times)

Offline chema1986

• Scientist
Hi guys, I have read some threads and news in the internet since Salute 2016 about the mentioned plastic kit, I am not a huge fan of plastics ( and certainly not the plastic late Roman kit) but the possibilities of the new Goth or Roman cavalry box would be great ! Thanks in advance  :D

Offline FionaWhite

• Mad Scientist
  • The Fox Fantastic
Re: Any news on Gripping Beast's plastic Goth/Vandal or Late Roman Cavalry?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 07:00:57 AM »
... I am not a huge fan of plastics ( and certainly not the plastic late Roman kit)...

If you have one of those kits, gimme - darn thing's sold out everywhere on the planet.  lol

But seriously though, I'd also like to hear any possible news about this.

I really have no idea what I'm doing.

Offline chema1986

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 09:04:07 AM »
I meant the infantry kit hahahaha.  The cavalry kit was announced by Gripping Beast in the last Salute.

Offline FionaWhite

• Mad Scientist
  • The Fox Fantastic
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2017, 09:56:01 AM »
I know, the infantry box seems to be sold out everywhere I've checked.   :'(

Buuut I'm going to stop derailing the thread now.

Offline Richard in Sachsen

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2017, 06:35:58 PM »
I can't answer your current question. But... Just to share, I placed an order over the phone and spoke with Andy since I needed a couple of things that weren't advertised and he was kind enough to sell them to me. In that conversation, I asked him whether GB planned to put out Goth warlords and dynamic character/hero figures since most, but not all, Goths out there are a bit stale and static or one has to use generic germanic figures.

He said that, yes, they were planning to produce some. Now they won't be plastic and I have no idea when they are to be introduced nor does it answer your original question, but that is a bit of information I got straight from the horse's mouth... so to speak and I thought that you may be interested to hear it.

I know I'm waiting for them with anticipation.
You go to war with the figures you have, not the figures you wish you had!

Offline cram

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2017, 10:36:09 PM »
GB has in previous years released new stuff for Salute, so I'm hoping to see new figures  released around April! I'm hoping plastic Goths.

I spoke to them about a year ago and was told they planned to release both plastic and metal Goths, but there was no date given. Of course that's a while back now.

You could try messaging them on Facebook or send an email enquiring, GB have always been very helpful.

If you find out anything please let us know!  :)

Offline Leigh Metford

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2017, 03:38:22 AM »
As I reported on this forum last year, when I asked in an email enquiry about the forthcoming plastic cavalry whether GB had any plans for dedicated mid-late Roman Empire period Germanic infantry I was told that the existing plastic infantry sets (meaning mainly the Dark Ages Warriors set, I presume) are considered adequate. 

Offline delbruck

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2017, 03:30:55 PM »
It would be nice if GB would release separate heads in metal for the dark age plastics range. This would greatly expand the usefulness of the packs.

Offline Madhouse Workshop

• Bookworm
    • http://psychosispc-themadhouseworkshop.blogspot.com/
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2017, 03:46:55 PM »
I'm looking forward to seeing Victrix's Gauls go into production...that could be another possibility.

It would be nice if GB would release separate heads in metal for the dark age plastics range. This would greatly expand the usefulness of the packs.

That would be cool thing and definitely a way to do it, if they would do it.  I've done plenty of head swaps with the Dark Age miniatures and their Viking and Saxon lines and its works quite well.  Maybe they should just come up with a head, weapons, and shield sprue.  Although I wish they would have made them more along the lines of how they did the Vikings and Saxons.  They are pretty lacking in dynamics and heavy on the repetition of poses.

Offline cram

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2017, 07:09:02 PM »
Messaged GB earlier:

They have confirmed that plastic and metal Goths are on the way later this year. Dark age archers due in a couple of months! really great news  :) :)

Offline chema1986

• Scientist
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2017, 07:33:11 PM »
Thanks mate, your method has been the most effective  lol

Offline Leigh Metford

• Scientist
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2017, 09:45:06 PM »
In April 2016 Andy from GB told me that they plan to produce a set of multi-purpose cavalry, probably unarmoured, then specific armoured types, starting with LIR. Does the information you were given Cram, contradict this? For instance, do you know if GB will be making dedicated Goth infantry?   

Offline cram

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2017, 10:34:52 PM »
The question I put to them was "A year ago you made mention of plans to release plastic and metal Goths, could you please tell me if you still plan to do so?" The reply was "Yup sure do! Coming later this year, just waiting for production schedule from the factory". Based on that the answer has to be yes, they will be dedicated Goth's.

I didn't enquire about any cavalry, in hindsight, I wish I'd asked about the plastic Late Roman cavalry that were mentioned to me last year as also planned for future release.

Anyway it's good news for me about the Goths. The Dark Age archers are an added plus, I recall mention of them way back when the plastic Dark Age Warriors were first released, but hadn't heard anything since so assumed their release had been scrapped.

Offline Leigh Metford

• Scientist
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2017, 12:13:13 PM »
Nothing in the wording of your question or GB's answer clarifies whether the plastic Goths will be infantry or cavalry. Given that they'd already confirmed plans to release sets of plastic armoured cavalry depicting specific peoples (e.g. Romans), I suspect that the plastic Goths will be cavalry only. 

Offline cram

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2017, 08:20:33 PM »
Sent them another message regarding the Goths. They will indeed be cavalry!