Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:14:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691080
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 843
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 8
Guests: 757
Total: 765

Recent

Author Topic: Lukewarmgrave at DevLAM17 - update 05.01.18 Concludes Game 1, The Haunted Temple  (Read 2384 times)

Offline Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
Re: Lukewarmgrave at DevLAM17 - update 01.01.18
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2018, 09:06:13 AM »
the main thing to eliminate was Mad Lord Snapcase's commodius midriff.....

Oi! I resemble that remark! But remember.......................

Offline Vagabond

• Mastermind
    • Vagabond's Wargaming Blog
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2018, 06:09:25 PM »
 lol lol lol lol

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2018, 11:05:04 AM »
Meanwhile, on Thandra's right, Ashera rushes forward to take a fourth treaure for Thandra's band, a move which reveals a group of strangers descending a rocky outcrop right in front of her - Simon the Holy Man and his followers had arrived...!

Nice to see I finally arrived at the action after my esteemed colleague Vagabond has already confiscated most of the treasure! Lay on Macduff, let's see some more action!

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2018, 04:28:36 PM »
continued 05.01.18

Yes, bare-bothered and mad as an ostrich in a dog kennel, Simon the Holy Man descends from the rocks - the lure of treasure setting his extraordinary brain afire.

Sending Eddie Grundy the archer ahead to deal with Ashera, Simon leads the rest of his band from the rocks.

Except for Tiny, Grasshopper and Lock Lamore who are still steathily creeping round the edge of the village towards the temple.

Ashera is now supported by Sandra and Ruffina, the apprentice. Ruffina casts a Leap spell on Eddie Grundy and deposits him in the pool on top of the rocks amidst scenes of wild hilarity only to be told that she couldn't cast Leap on an opponent so all that fun was disallowed. Shame.

Treasure secured, Red Sonia now went a bit battle-mad and charged Tiny and Grass Hopper. The ferocious female quickly slew Tiny before succumbing herself to the pointy stick of Grasshopper.

Ashera, now facing most of Simon's band decides the best tactic for an archer facing overwhelming odds is to CHAAARGE....! Simon has created a very repulsive zombie and Ashera goes straight for it

And despatches it with ease...!

She is then slain herself, probably by Eddie Grundy the archer sneaking up behind. The action had got so "hazy" (to use Mad Lord Snapcase's favourite euphemism to describe gaming at DevLAM17) that the chronicler is not entirely sure.

This allowed Simon to grab some treasure at last and both sides withdrew to count their spoils. Thanda (also called Thandra and sometimes Sandra) was the clear winner and settled down to spend her wealth on improving her band for Game 2, a report of which follows, I hope, at some stage.

Doug

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Great report, Doug. Takes me back to the fun and the haziness of the game! I remember thinking I had better get my arse into gear to improve my performance in game two of Lukewarmgrave. Looking forward to seeing your report.

Ruffina casts a Leap spell on Eddie Grundy and deposits him in the pool on top of the rocks amidst scenes of wild hilarity only to be told that she couldn't cast Leap on an opponent so all that fun was disallowed. Shame.

Shame, indeed!   lol

Offline Vagabond

• Mastermind
    • Vagabond's Wargaming Blog
Well done Doug you've captured the highlights from the game.

Good old Eddie flying this way and then that. I'm sure if Joe had been umpiring the game he would have allowed Ruffina to cast that spell. ;)

Simon who sleeps in the hedge should be ashamed of himself - setting that nasty green thing onto my poor defenceless archer Ashera.

Red Sonia always was a bit hasty, I think she had taken a shine to Tiny, it was just her way of expressing affection, hitting him with that axe. It's the female barbarian way with someone you want to impress. You must have had that happen to you sometime.

Looking forward to the next report. :D

Offline LiamFrostfang

• Mad Scientist
 8) cheers! way cool.

Offline jp1885

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • "An enquiring mind is sufficient qualification"
    • My Frostgrave blog
More madness - I approve :)

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
.............hitting him with that axe. It's the female barbarian way with someone you want to impress. You must have had that happen to you sometime.

Regrettably, nearly every day. "Sorry dear, what did you say? Ouch.....!"  :D

Doug