Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 11:43:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690339
  • Total Topics: 118326
  • Online Today: 594
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Take the Station & hold!  (Read 786 times)

Offline Phil Portway

• Mastermind
Take the Station & hold!
« on: February 07, 2017, 10:05:16 PM »
A Pal and I played a small Club night game using Rapid Fire, where we both had to come on and take the station. Dave had an Armoured German Battalion 3x PIVs 3x Panzer Jaegers and I had an Armoured American Battalion, 3x 76 Shermans, 2x Jacksons, 2x M10 Wolverines. We diced for which end we came in from, Germans won and would take the closest end to the station and also went first.

The table. Taken from the German entry end

My forces, Wolverines were still in the box

Turn 1 - German move fired and missed with two PIVs

Turn 1 -American

Turn 2 - Germans start to occupy station area

Turn 2 - American move up and go on the offensive.

76 Sherman taking out a leading HT and 3 of it's crew

M36 takes out another HT and 5 of it's crew

Turn 3 - German's move in to the pinch point around the station and one Grenadier company occupy the building unseen. Firing with all three PIV and two of the PJg & again missed with all.

Turn 3 - American move up in the middle and flank out to the right with a 76, HT Company and 2 M10s

Dead eyed yank strikes again
M36 causes a heavy damage to a PIV in the middle

The M10 Heavy damage another PIV in the wood

Turn 4 - German PIVs fail morale and retire to cover, Pzr Jgr destroys the US AT section & it's crew and missed with the other one in the middle of the formation

Turn 4 - American, a 76 finishes off the already damaged PIV in the center

M36 Heavy damages a SP 75mm arriving up the road,

Turn 5 - German take another Morale check for the PIV Co. OK this time. The Pzr Jgr move into the road and fires at an unsuspecting Sherman, only to see the paint get scratched with a light damage. The PIV on the hill fired at a HT in the wood and missed.

Turn 5 American  76 Fires and destroys a Pzr Jgr in the ctr

And the 76 that took damage returns fire and yes you guessed it destroys the Pzr Jgr

The M10 on the right flank then concentrate their fire on their previous target and cause another Heavy Damage which combined with the previous HD, destroys it

Dead eyed dick in one of the M36 which hit with every shot took out the SP 75mm and it's crew.

The Yanks on the right flank also caused some serious damage destroying 2 MMG platoons and the 76 on the right flank (top of the Pic), destroyed a HT with a short barreled 75mm

Turn 6 - Saw the Pzr Jaeger Company fail morale and rout off. The German player conceded the game.

The American dice rolling was as unbelievably good as the German's rolling was dire.
The Germans lost 2 PIV 1 Pzr Jaeger a SP75mm, a HT 75mm and 18 infantry (20 for a moraletest)
The American  lost a Towed 57mm AT Gun and 6 men

It was an embarrassing win for me

« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 10:11:27 PM by Phil Portway »
If it isn't enjoyable, it isn't gaming!

Offline Tim

• Librarian
Re: Take the Station & hold!
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 02:48:30 AM »
Thanks, I really enjoyed the account and scrolling through the great pictures.

I was curious as to scale, but then I noticed the Airfix Half tracks.  :)  Are the others Hasegawa?  I also think the JP IV is the Matchbox/Revell model, correct?  Can you tell us what the manufacturers of other vehicles are?

Great to see 76/72 scale stuff here.

Edit: Get yourself these for your tracks so they don't bounce out of alignment.  :)  They don't have to be Atlas, there are other manufacturers - look for "Rail Joiner" or "HO Scale Rail Joiner":

https://www.amazon.com/Atlas-Code-Metal-Rail-Joiner/dp/B00ZRV9VRK/ref=pd_lpo_21_tr_img_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=ZKJGWTJ17ARXWFQVQVNH

« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 02:57:15 AM by Tim »
--
Tim

Offline Phil Portway

• Mastermind
Re: Take the Station & hold!
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 06:18:50 PM »
Thanks, I really enjoyed the account and scrolling through the great pictures.

I was curious as to scale, but then I noticed the Airfix Half tracks.  :)  Are the others Hasegawa?  I also think the JP IV is the Matchbox/Revell model, correct?  Can you tell us what the manufacturers of other vehicles are?

Great to see 76/72 scale stuff here.

Edit: Get yourself these for your tracks so they don't bounce out of alignment.  :)  They don't have to be Atlas, there are other manufacturers - look for "Rail Joiner" or "HO Scale Rail Joiner":

https://www.amazon.com/Atlas-Code-Metal-Rail-Joiner/dp/B00ZRV9VRK/ref=pd_lpo_21_tr_img_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=ZKJGWTJ17ARXWFQVQVNH

Tim

The mortar HT is Hasegawa, the other "stowaged" HTs are Britannia with a couple of Airfix. The Sherman 76s, M10s and M36s are all Britannia. Figs are Britannia.
The German Kit I think,  all the Armour is Revell as are most of the HTs. The figures not sure but might be SHQ.   

Thanks for the link, will pass it on.