Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:05:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689615
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 527
Total: 531

Recent

Author Topic: [KICKSTARTER] Broken Contract Rulebook - Dystopian Future Skirmish - FUNDED!  (Read 3472 times)

Offline Manchu

• Mad Scientist
    • Life on Jasoom?
Re: [KICKSTARTER] Broken Contract Rulebook - Dystopian Future Skirmish
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2017, 06:45:26 PM »
Alright so this KS is now FUNDED! Woohoo!

I am really looking forward to the unique setting of this game. Oh gosh I can already feel a terrain project coming on ... it is a good pain!

So now we have some stretch goals:

Do want!

Offline therepoman

• Scientist
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2017, 07:01:20 PM »
Just asked the mods to move this to Future Wars. Cool game, not PA.at all. I think some of the fans of The Expanse might enjoy it too.

It's certainly dystopian... post-apocalypse doesn't just have to happen on Earth, right?

I think those new models look pretty good. Definitely like the dude in the trenchcoat... The drones look sweet too.
post-collapse tabletop adventures: www.wreck-age.net

Offline Manchu

• Mad Scientist
    • Life on Jasoom?
My impression is, this game is not primarily about two factions just straight up murdering each other. The real antagonist is the largely absent FerrumSky corporation. Yes, Black Squadron works for them - but so do the Breakers, after all. The factions seem to be at odds because the true enemy is playing them off of one another. Black Squadron has to wear kid gloves up to a certain point and Breakers are not in it to die by any means - the point is to have a better life. This doesn't have to be an ideological duel to the death. Black Squadron wants the Breakers to do their jobs so Black Squadron's job goes smoothly. And the Breakers want better conditions, better treatment. Between flat-out working them to death and letting them all escape, there is a perilous middle ground and I think that is what Broken Contract is really about.

Offline LeadAsbestos

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • When the Hurlyburly's Done...
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2017, 11:06:51 PM »
It's certainly dystopian... post-apocalypse doesn't just have to happen on Earth, right?

I think those new models look pretty good. Definitely like the dude in the trenchcoat... The drones look sweet too.
If there was no apocalypse, then it could not be post-apocalypse, yes? Dystopian FUTURE would be Future Wars is my thought... :)

Regardless, this is a cool KS and I'd like to see it do well!

Offline Dr Mathias

• LPL Champion (S6,S7) Bronze Medalist (S5)
  • Galactic Brain
  • Purveyor of the one-and-only Miracle Elixir!
    • Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza
I decided to keep this thread in the Post-Apocalyptic board rather than move it to Future Wars for now, after considering the move and discussing the proposal via PMs. It doesn't seem to fit precisely in either board 'perfectly', and if the thread author thought it fit best here, then we defaulted to the original placement.

A sincere thanks to those that want to keep LAF well organized, thematically speaking :)

« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 03:19:23 PM by Dr Mathias »
a mixture of quick parts, sarcastic humour, reserve, and caprice.
Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza

Offline xNickBaranx

• Schoolboy
@LeadAsbestos Use whatever models you want. I think I've put together a cool looking range of models, but I use proxies too. Last night I finished up two Aetherium models from Anvil Eight Games to use in my campaign crew. Maybe I'll post some pics up after I take some. @Robh has pictures of his proxies floating around somewhere, and they are really cool.

As for the genre debate, it's a mash-up so what do you do? I put Firefly, Cool Hand Luke, Snowpiercer and a bunch of documentaries on sweatshop labor into a blender and this is what came out. And like Firefly, it's after the Earth got "used up" so definite post apoc undercurrent. Either way, it doesn't fit neatly anywhere.  o_o

Anyway, thanks all for interest! I'm glad I wandered by.
-Nick

Offline LeadAsbestos

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • When the Hurlyburly's Done...