Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:40:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Warlord Zombie Game  (Read 4867 times)

Offline Jimmyg

• Bookworm
Re: Warlord Zombie Game
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2017, 11:49:36 PM »
I love the project z minis, I know they are more work than TWD set but they allow customization of your game. Also as has been said it's a gang v gang game fighting over supplies or whatever, with the zombies there as a hinderance although a lethal hinderance.
I purchased the spec ops set as it allows you to set the minis as a British Army unit your not stuck in America and that for me us a big plus.
As for the rules I know some folk don't like them though I have yet to read a reason why. The game developers wanted players to use there own rules and add scenarios to the game so kept it simple. The minis are not heroic scale more realistic so don't stack up with some other sets. But I don't see it that way either. Anyway welcome aboard and keep us posted with your paintng and game playing.

Offline CarlLeyland

• Scientist
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2017, 07:49:10 AM »
Thanks for the information Chaps. It seems a lot has happened in the Zombie gaming world....next months gaming budget is already spent with the Mantic scenery-I am hoping that the trucks will double as technicals for my modern figures. I will post some pics when the first figures are completed.
Thanks again for the links, so much more that I never realised I "needed"

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2017, 08:42:51 AM »

Offline Wachaza

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2017, 10:04:11 AM »
I found the paper of the rules and playsheets for project Z to be very thin and prone to damage. Given how anal I am about avoiding folding and creasing these were a pain.

The Walking Dead vehicles are also hollow with no underside which limits their usefulness a bit.

Both are also good games.

Warlord also have some pretty attractive offers on Project Z at the moment.

https://store.warlordgames.com/collections/project-z/

Offline Jimmyg

• Bookworm
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2017, 10:58:42 AM »
Rather than paying out for the cars that the manufacturers have done raid £/$ shops for 1/43 scale or take a mini along. Save yourself a fortune.
This pic is from my local £ store with a wee bit of work it's ok as terrain

Offline spect_spidey

• Scientist
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2017, 11:48:24 AM »
Rather than paying out for the cars that the manufacturers have done raid £/$ shops for 1/43 scale or take a mini along. Save yourself a fortune.
This pic is from my local £ store with a wee bit of work it's ok as terrain

I do not see a picture attached to this post.

Offline Jimmyg

• Bookworm
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2017, 05:36:57 PM »
Loops my bad

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2017, 06:48:36 PM »
I found the paper of the rules and playsheets for project Z to be very thin and prone to damage. Given how anal I am about avoiding folding and creasing these were a pain.
You can download and print your own, which is good as the ones in my box were "sub optimal content".

Offline Wachaza

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2017, 10:03:25 PM »
You can download and print your own, which is good as the ones in my box were "sub optimal content".
Yeah, but I'd quite like the games I buy to have components which will make it through the first game intact. ;)

Offline CarlLeyland

• Scientist
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2017, 07:21:57 AM »
The Warlord game should arrive today...Jimmy I am loving the pickup! I have a couple similar to this and now I can use your paintwork for reference (I will copy it thanks).

I had not realised that the Mantic trucks were "hollow" or that they had damage. Maybe I will look again at them.

Thanks again for the comments it helps a lot to hear from people who have bought this stuff

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2017, 09:39:17 AM »
Yeah, but I'd quite like the games I buy to have components which will make it through the first game intact. ;)
I fully agree, but then the rules in the box set I bought at Salute were unplayable so are still pristine ^___^.

I must look at the latest version of the rules and the replacement cards sent by the excellent
Warlord Games customer service.

http://ultravanillasmurf.blogspot.co.uk/2016/06/warlord-games-project-z-box.html

Offline CarlLeyland

• Scientist
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2017, 10:10:09 PM »
I hope their customer service is excellent Ultra as my box arrived today and it contained no rules and the cards were in French! The little sheet with the game turn was in the box and in English...oh well. The figurea are really nice quality and I downloaded the rules from the website. :-[

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2017, 10:52:55 PM »
I hope their customer service is excellent Ultra as my box arrived today and it contained no rules and the cards were in French! The little sheet with the game turn was in the box and in English...oh well. The figurea are really nice quality and I downloaded the rules from the website. :-[
Email them, have a look at the Warlord forum for details.

Offline sundayhero

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2017, 11:07:45 PM »

You can use clear adhesive sheet (don't know the name in english, "laminated", I think?), and make the rulebooks covers sturdier. It's what I did and no problem so far. I also laminated the reference sheets.

I really like the game (I bought the basic core set), and the ratio price:quality of the product is excellent. I recently ordered the complete french cards set, and I plan to buy the whole range of minis, finally.

The zombies and  bikers (and bikes!) are particularly nice. 

Offline Jimmyg

• Bookworm
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2017, 07:46:23 AM »
I laminated mine, agree that they are not up to the standard of other games, but that's a minor point for me. I bought the game because the minis and game play appealed. So on balance I am very happy with the game and the quality minis.