Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:39:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Primus Palus, free to download Gladiator ruleset  (Read 1093 times)

Offline Anatoli

• Scatterbrained Genius
Primus Palus, free to download Gladiator ruleset
« on: February 12, 2017, 04:34:58 PM »
I finished work on my homegrown Gladiator rules based heavily on the "Blood Eagle" rulebook as well as adding ideas from both SAGA and Warhammer Historical: Gladiator.

The end result is a skirmish game, primarily using D10's for rolling tests, use of activation points and fatigue management. As the game will mainly be used for skirmish sized battles with a group of Gladiators on each side I also wanted to add activation point management, which is presented in a shared activation point pool. All Gladiators on your team can use activation points from that pool, but fatigue and wounds limit how much they can activate each turn.

Gladiators are divided into levels, lowest being Tyro starting Gladiators and highest being the Primus Palus - champions of the arena. The higher level a Gladiator has the more wounds he can suffer, bring more activation points to the pool and have special hero points for re-rolling dice.

In a campaign mode the game offers leveling up your Gladiators if they survive enough fights, buying new Gladiators and gear, resting wounded and training idle Gladiators at your Ludus.

There are also 8 scenarios to get you started along with 3 victory condition variants for your campaign.

I did not add rules for animals or extended trait/skill sets but these may come in the future. I mainly wanting to finish the base rules and have a few games before adding more content.

You can download the rules and a Gladiator card sheet from my blog:
http://anatolisgameroom.blogspot.se/2017/02/primus-palus-gladiator-rules-free-to.html

Offline rumacara

• Galactic Brain
  • Zillions of painted miniz!
Re: Primus Palus, free to download Gladiator ruleset
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 11:16:56 PM »
Thankyou for putting them available for free. :)
I just downloaded them and as soon as i can i will try them and write a feedback.