Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 11:29:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Victory Decision Future Combat game ( pics )  (Read 3002 times)

Offline seldon

• Scientist
Victory Decision Future Combat game ( pics )
« on: February 13, 2017, 08:57:06 PM »
Back when the rules came out I got them and tried them. Unfortunately they didn't go too well, everything died too quickly..

I always had the feeling that was a result of not carefully studying the little nuances in the rules and defaulting to the basic move and shoot that we experience in other games. I was only refing that initial game.

Having expanded my 15mm armies I thought it would be a good idea to do another test run with one of my gaming friends but this time we took extra time and we try using the elements that are in the rules that can help reduce the kill ratio...  hide, take cover.. etc...

The result was a very satisfactory game.

We played the basic scenario with the three objectives and had two pretty different forces..

An alien force based on the High Tech force, the aliens being more resilient ( probably superior biology ) , using also a mid tech squad of mercenaries and supported by the overlords of the species that I represented with light walkers.. plus a medium walker as support heavy firepower.

The other force a more traditional earthlike force ( mid tech ) , with assault rifles, tanks and IFVs.

It was a lot of fun and I cannot wait to start formalizing my army designs plus expanding it to my other sci fi 15mm forces...

Here are some pics ( most of the buildings are team yankee and the minis are mostly from micropanzer plus a few rebel minis vehicles )...

Fun game.. still need to compile a QRF, plus I have a few rules doubts that I'll post soon ..

overall.. great fun...

cheers
Francisco

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
Re: Victory Decision Future Combat game ( pics )
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 12:35:17 AM »
Looks great!
cheers and keep on gaming, Agis - http://www.adpublishing.de