Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:02:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: A Mechanical Mule, Photographer,Reporter, Tracker and Orphan walk into a bar.  (Read 2001 times)

Offline Cotton Eyed Joe

• Librarian
Hi Guys,

Bunch of rough greens for the KS. The last image is actually concept art for Lady Greys mechanical butler which will be a stretch goal as well.

The mechanical mule is to pull the artillery...

They will be posted officially when KS stops being fussy about the images...

All Comments welcome..!

Joe

Offline Mr. Rheydt

• Assistant
    • Dingstown
Looks good, I like especially the mechanic mule. This might serve as inspiration for some mechanic cavalry  :-)

Offline Cotton Eyed Joe

• Librarian
Looks good, I like especially the mechanic mule. This might serve as inspiration for some mechanic cavalry  :-)

It might!!!

Offline MaleGriffin

• Mastermind
  • Don't bother running.... You'll just die tired....
Beautiful sculpting! :o
Hoc quoque transibit
Sanguinem sistit semper

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • As my grandchildren see me...
"We don't serve their kind here!"

Er, ah, there's already mechanical cavalry...

Joe's just trying to be cute.

I think that involves 'massive fail.'

Doug

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
I like the reporters :)
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline gnomehome

• Mad Scientist
Very nice sculpting indeed. Maybe change the cog the mule is resting on to a regular wheel -the teeth of a cogwheel aren't used this way AFAIK.
I like my games like my orange juice: pulpy with no added sugar or artificial sweeteners

Offline Steve F

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Pedantic bugger, apparently.
Promising stuff there, but why the quill pen?  Surely a world with cameras and mechanical mules would have fountain pens (real world: 1850s onwards), or at least dip pens (real world: 1820s onwards)?  With either a dip pen or a quill, she'd need an ink bottle as well, of course.  (Also, she could probably find something better to write on than a slice of bread - but I assume that is just an unfinished sculpt of a notebook!)

Offline Cotton Eyed Joe

• Librarian
Very nice sculpting indeed. Maybe change the cog the mule is resting on to a regular wheel -the teeth of a cogwheel aren't used this way AFAIK.

The campaign takes place  on Venus hypothetically where  there is simply jungle and dirt tracks. Since Mules haul/pull stuff I would imagine much better traction, plus it goes more with the Clockwork feel. This certainly would not work on the cobblestones of Briton but no doubt there is a special sleeve or wheel change out.

On certain levels it crossed my mind as well in regards to paved roads..

Thanks for the comments..

Joe

Offline Cotton Eyed Joe

• Librarian
Promising stuff there, but why the quill pen?  Surely a world with cameras and mechanical mules would have fountain pens (real world: 1850s onwards), or at least dip pens (real world: 1820s onwards)?  With either a dip pen or a quill, she'd need an ink bottle as well, of course.  (Also, she could probably find something better to write on than a slice of bread - but I assume that is just an unfinished sculpt of a notebook!)
All good points, The original concept guy threw a quill pen on her and the sculptor went with it. Sculpting a pen in 28mm that casts and is noticeable is not the easiest of things to do. I chose a piece of bread to protest world hunger..Actually it will be a notebook the green is still being developed and the sculptor was not sure if I wanted a bunch of papers or a notebook at the time..

The pen is still not 100% set in stone. I am doing some research today to think of some other options. It looks good but is certainly not period.

Joe

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • As my grandchildren see me...
Promising stuff there, but why the quill pen?  Surely a world with cameras...

I was assuming 'affectation', though a bit much on 'assignment.'  lol

Doug

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Nice sculpts, particularly the reporter. I was wondering if the orphan flower seller should have a thinner, more pinched face,  perhaps reflecting her meagre existence?  Just an observation as it's a nice figure.

Offline maccapj

• Assistant
lovely stuff!!
Don't tell him Pike!