Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 05:02:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690529
  • Total Topics: 118335
  • Online Today: 732
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Question regarding Italian forces, North Africa  (Read 1309 times)

Offline Sinewgrab

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • All to all, by my mustard!
Question regarding Italian forces, North Africa
« on: March 05, 2017, 05:09:20 PM »
I know how many ranges there are for the Italians, but which figures are going to fit best with the following ranges sizewise:

Pulp Figures
Black Tree Design Americans
Copplestone

What's happening is one of my gaming groups is going heavy towards Bolt Action, and while I built a Weird War Cultist army I use as Partisans and a Kelly's Heroes force, they are starting to shift their attention to the African campaigns.  I have collected quite a few Italian tanks to use with my Cultists, and now I find myself wavering towards getting troops for them, but I am not sure who will fit in best.  I have a couple of groups I game with, and one of them is heavily historical in their tastes, and so when I put on a GM'd battle for them, I'd like the figures to look like they belong on the table together in style and look.

So, what are the opinions for foot troops that would fit in?  The tanks I have are Blitzkrieg, Company B, and Mad Bob so far.
"There is no known cure for the wargaming virus, only treatments with ever increasing doses of metal."

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
Re: Question regarding Italian forces, North Africa
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 08:17:04 PM »
I know how many ranges there are for the Italians, but which figures are going to fit best with the following ranges sizewise:

Pulp Figures
Black Tree Design Americans
Copplestone

What's happening is one of my gaming groups is going heavy towards Bolt Action, and while I built a Weird War Cultist army I use as Partisans and a Kelly's Heroes force, they are starting to shift their attention to the African campaigns.  I have collected quite a few Italian tanks to use with my Cultists, and now I find myself wavering towards getting troops for them, but I am not sure who will fit in best.  I have a couple of groups I game with, and one of them is heavily historical in their tastes, and so when I put on a GM'd battle for them, I'd like the figures to look like they belong on the table together in style and look.

So, what are the opinions for foot troops that would fit in?  The tanks I have are Blitzkrieg, Company B, and Mad Bob so far.

I'd suggest that Artizan probably fit best, size and heft wise with those figures.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline Johnnytodd

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 02:09:48 AM »
I bought a pack of the Warlord Italians in Helmets and found them to be very nice but quite small (like some of the older Pulp sculpts ie US Sailors).  Conveniently, I have them for sale here: http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=97137.0

Offline Sinewgrab

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • All to all, by my mustard!
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2017, 05:13:38 AM »
Tempting, but I want to go sun helmets when I do it.  I am tempted by the Perry figures, but I worry that they will be smallish.  Anyone have comparison pics with other ranges?

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2017, 06:18:03 AM »
They are not just smallish, they are effectively a different scale. There are definitely comparison pics out there. I just did a Google image search and got loads. Pretty sure there are some here on LAF.

Offline Chico

• Mastermind
  • I came, I saw and I ate your pie.
    • Oldhammer on a Budget
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2017, 12:38:36 PM »
I'd say go with the Artizan ones they are really nice and they scale with BTD and Copplestone well.

Perry's are smaller (Heads and Hands), but I mix Perry and Artizan together in my French Foreign Legion force so it's not that noticeable from tabletop height.