Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:02:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686495
  • Total Topics: 118103
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Email notifications  (Read 6847 times)

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
Re: Email notifications
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2017, 08:21:24 PM »
Good work, beefcake!

Offline Sterling Moose

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2017, 09:51:32 PM »
Mine was not as thorough as Beefcakes response:

NOTE:  We’ll now be assisting you directly via email for your convenience. For us to answer your inquiries as quick as possible, just reply directly to this email.

Hello,

We appreciate the you have reached out to Outlook.com Support. I'm Aurelee and its my pleasure to assist you today.

According to your post, you are no longer able to receive email notifications from the site  leadadventureforum.com . Let us work together to sort this out.

Just to verify, how are you accessing your emails? Are you using a web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer), a mail application (e.g. Outlook app) or a mail client (e.g. Windows Live Mail)?

First thing we need to do is to log in to https://outlook.com via web browser, and check if you are able to receive emails from there. You may also try to check other folders that you have, as the emails from  the said website may have been redirected to another folder, instead of your Inbox.

You may also try to check on your account if there has been filters or email rules set on it, which can possibly delete or block the incoming emails from the said site.  Kindly refer to the link below for further guidance.

I didn't receive an email someone sent me
https://support.office.com/en-us/article/I-didn-t-receive-an-email-someone-sent-me-d39e3341-8d79-4bf1-b3c7-ded602233642?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US&ocmsassetID=d39e3341-8d79-4bf1-b3c7-ded602233642

Do let us know how this turned out for you.

We look forward to your next reply.

Yours sincerely,
 Aurelee
'I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.'

Offline Severian

• Scientist
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2017, 11:21:26 PM »
I received a substantially identical reply, including the advice to add the forum email to the safe senders list; I've done this, but (you guessed it) no emails have started to arrive yet.

There was also a question:

Can you confirm to us if the forum@leadadventureforum.com is receiving a bounce message when sending email to your account?

(sorry, couldn't work out how to put this in a quote box)

Perhaps the Prof could confirm that Hotmail is sending bounce messages? I'm guessing it is, which is how you know it's blocking emails, but thought I should check before getting back to them.

Offline Sterling Moose

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2017, 11:35:01 PM »
Just had my 3rd email from theHelpdesk, none of which were very helpful.  forum@leadadventureforum.com is already on my safe sender list.  They just keep asking the same questions   >:(

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2017, 05:03:31 AM »
PM's still not working. I'm going to try the last option from my email later on tonight after my kids have stopped pestering me about their intense hunger. Fair enough it is almost dinner time.

Last time it worked for me was:
28 February 2017, 11:14:22   Re: (No subject)   

Then it didn't work:
13 March 2017, 11:30:57   (No subject)

Anyone else have dates inside this range?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 05:06:23 AM by beefcake »

Offline Severian

• Scientist
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2017, 07:31:59 AM »
Last email I received was on 10th March.

I'll see if I can work out when the next one should have arrived, but it was probably the following day or so.

Offline Mr Papafakis

• Librarian
    • Mr Papafakis
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2017, 12:45:43 PM »
Has anyone tried changing the email address they get their notifications sent too? I read that in the advice I got from Hotmail, but I haven't tried it yet.

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2017, 06:27:06 PM »
Perhaps the Prof could confirm that Hotmail is sending bounce messages? I'm guessing it is, which is how you know it's blocking emails, but thought I should check before getting back to them.

Yes, we do get bounce messages like i've removed IP- and email adresse of the user:

"This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

host mx3.hotmail.com [...]: 550 ....... (....) Unfortunately, messages from .... weren't sent. Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block list.

Maybe you can ask them to remove us from their block list.

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2017, 07:14:27 PM »
Yes, we do get bounce messages like i've removed IP- and email adresse of the user:

"This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

host mx3.hotmail.com [...]: 550 ....... (....) Unfortunately, messages from .... weren't sent. Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block list.

Maybe you can ask them to remove us from their block list.

Somehow I find this enormously amusing, given that Hotmail has been on pretty much any blacklist for more than a decade.  lol

Online Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2017, 07:39:42 PM »
If you haven't seen this before, it might have some useful info on the block list (a code after the 550 tells you which list, etc)

https://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx
My LAF Gallery is HERE
Minis (foot & mounted) finished in 2024 = 0
(2023 = 151; 2022 = 204; 2021 = 123; 2020 = ???)

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2017, 01:12:06 AM »
I've just sent an email saying that the options didn't work and gave some dates of when emails were and weren't working. I also asked nicely if they could unblock this. Fingers crossed.

Offline Severian

• Scientist
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2017, 08:35:50 AM »
Thanks, Prof. I've sent them details of the bounce messages and asked them to take you off the block list.

They go on to say:

In addition, once they are receiving bounce messages whenever they sent an email to you, please take note that Microsoft has put in place various policies to protect our users from junk and phishing emails. We also understand that legitimate email senders should not be negatively affected.  What you need to do now is to contact your Domain administrator to get in touch with Outlook.com Sender Support and fill-out the form on this link. 

https://support.live.com/eform.aspx?productKey=edfsmsbl3&ct=eformts&wa 

Kindly also take note that this service is established to help senders improve their deliverability capability to all Outlook.com users and manage their sending reputation. If in case, you have just recently contacted the EDFS team and haven't received any response from them, you may try to submit a new SR on the provided E-form. 

To learn more about Microsoft Policy, please refer on the link of the article provided below. Also, please click on “Email I send is being blocked or junked by Outlook.com”. 

http://mail.live.com/mail/postmaster.aspx 

Not sure if this is of any use but here it is just in case.

Thanks again for taking the time to look into this. I'm sure you have many other more interesting ways of spending your time...

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2017, 08:48:32 AM »
Lol, I just forwarded that to prof as well. My email was from apple. I wonder if these are pseudonyms.

Offline Severian

• Scientist
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2017, 09:47:31 AM »
Yes, my email was from Apple too. I suppose you might be named Apple and take a job with Microsoft in a moment of existential humour...

Offline Sterling Moose

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2017, 03:38:57 AM »
Hotmail are asking what bounce message the forum is receiving when the emails don't go through.

Any chance of an example?