Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:49:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690911
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 907
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Dracula's America.  (Read 58852 times)

Offline mweaver

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Dracula's America.
« Reply #120 on: June 21, 2017, 01:52:36 PM »
They sure do.  Ask anybody who has been there.

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Everything is Better with Vampire Supermodels
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #121 on: June 21, 2017, 01:54:28 PM »
They sure do.  Ask anybody who has been there.

OMG, they are EVERYWHERE these days!!!  :o

EDIT> Ok, now I am just adding a TRIP TO MARS in my Dracula's America shopping list... ;D  
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 02:24:43 PM by dinohunterpoa »
"Because life is made of inspiration, dreaming and insanity in about equal measure."
- Erzsébet Báthory - 1560-1614 (?)

Offline mellis1644

• Mad Scientist
    • Adventures in painting
« Reply #122 on: June 21, 2017, 02:16:58 PM »
Must admit to thinking I ought get some use of Wild West Exodus figs with these rules as well. We all need a some steampunk horror wild west action once in a while.
My painting blog is at: http://mellis1644.wordpress.com/

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #123 on: June 21, 2017, 02:21:52 PM »
Must admit to thinking I ought get some use of Wild West Exodus figs with these rules as well. We all need a some steampunk horror wild west action once in a while.

PERFECTLY SAID!  :D

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #124 on: June 21, 2017, 02:24:57 PM »
Malamute, it has been said that Gothic Western is just a thing of moving the original horror setting across the Atlantic... and Weird West - with those steam-horse powered stagecoaches - are just an earthly setting of Martian VSF!  :D  

EDIT> OMG, do they have Vampires on Mars!?  :o

lol

I still don't get it lol
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #125 on: June 21, 2017, 02:36:36 PM »
lol

I still don't get it lol

It's of the human nature to deny the existence of the Children of the Night...  ;D

Offline Vampifan

• Scientist
    • Vampifan's World of the Undead
« Reply #126 on: June 21, 2017, 02:50:44 PM »
EDIT> OMG, do they have Vampires on Mars!?  :o

Vampirella has fought alongside Dejah Thoris in some of the comics by Dynamite, so I'd say, why not? Plus, you can do whatever you want in your own campaign. The beauty of our hobby is that you can play any "what if" scenario.  :D

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #127 on: June 21, 2017, 03:06:06 PM »
Vampirella has fought alongside Dejah Thoris in some of the comics by Dynamite, so I'd say, why not? Plus, you can do whatever you want in your own campaign. The beauty of our hobby is that you can play any "what if" scenario.  :D

Vampi and Dejah Thoris together? I MUST GET THAT COMIC!!! Vampifan, another BIG THANK YOU for the info! I got the Dejah Thoris series from Dynamite, IMHO they are only nice for... Dejah Thoris! (but this is more than enough for me, you know...)  :-*

I've always saw the VSF/Space 1889 Mars and "classical" Barsoom as two separate planes of existence... So maybe it's time to get everything together... What about a Vampire Princess of Mars?! With gunslingers and dinosaur-riding cowboys? OMG!!!:D

The beauty of our hobby is that you can play any "what if" scenario.  :D

EXACTLY!!!  ;)

I always wondered that 1889 human settlers in Mars would look like settlers of the Wild West (maybe with steam-powered farm machinery)... Now just add vampires... and we have Dracula's America in Space ;D

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #128 on: June 21, 2017, 03:17:37 PM »
Vampirella has fought alongside Dejah Thoris in some of the comics by Dynamite...

Was that in "Swords of Sorrow"? I have the complete series in cbr (along a ton of other titles I will never ever will have time to read), but never read it yet! Maybe just waiting for the planned movie with Gail Simone's script, you know...  lol

Offline Manchu

• Mad Scientist
    • Life on Jasoom?

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #130 on: June 21, 2017, 03:35:39 PM »

Offline axabrax

• Mastermind
« Reply #131 on: June 21, 2017, 03:35:50 PM »
I can't keep track of the actual discussion of Dracula's America in this thread.  Any chance that some of the sideline discussions could be moved to a new thread? I'm really interested in the game and not so much in the other stuff. Maybe I just have ADD  ;)

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #132 on: June 21, 2017, 03:43:23 PM »
I can't keep track of the actual discussion of Dracula's America in this thread.  Any chance that some of the sideline discussions could be moved to a new thread? I'm really interested in the game and not so much in the other stuff. Maybe I just have ADD  ;)

What sideline discussions?  :o

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #133 on: June 21, 2017, 04:03:47 PM »
From Amazon:

Dracula's America: Shadows of the West: Hunting Grounds

This supplement for Dracula's America: Shadows of the West contains a host of new rules and material and offers something for every player.

- Two New Factions: The Forsaken, ragged survivors of the 7th Cavalry tormented by a bestial curse, and the White Dragon Tong, crimelords with an agenda as mysterious as the powers wielded by their enforcers.
- The Hunting Grounds: Scenarios and encounters that focus on this mythical realm and the power and threats found within it.
- Territory: Build and develop your headquarters, and exploit the benefits it offers, but beware your enemies taking the fight to your home turf.
- Outlaws, Mercenaries and Bounty Hunters: New campaign options, allowing you to turn to a life of crime, bring in wanted fugitives, or sell your gun to the highest bidder.
- New Monsters: The denizens of the Hunting Grounds, in all their terrifying glory.
- New Hired Guns: There's all kinds of folk willing to sell their skills, and these new Hired Guns offer a range of tactical options . . . if you can afford them.
- New Gear: Bring a Gatling Gun to a knife fight, or find out why you were always warned about misusing brimstone chalk and vials of ectoplasm.
- New Skills: Riding and Leadership skills give you new combat options and help your posse stay in the fight.

;)

Offline mweaver

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #134 on: June 21, 2017, 06:04:37 PM »
Really looking forward to seeing more of the miniatures, as well.

-Michael