Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:28:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Dracula's America.  (Read 58789 times)

Offline Fenrir

• Scientist
    • The Lead Mountaineer
Re: Dracula's America.
« Reply #210 on: July 07, 2017, 06:03:13 AM »
@Mac V: I'm afraid I'm just not tech-savvy enough to create a 'how to play' video- and I'm not sure whether the good folks at Osprey have anything planned in that regard, either... Apologies!
There will be a Rules Showcase article in an upcoming issue of Wargames Illustrated, and I hope that some of the info I've given on this thread regarding rules mechanics might give you some rough idea of what kind of game it is and how it plays! :)
I now have a Blog, like an actual modern-day human!
https://lead-mountaineer.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Saucy Jack

• Scientist
    • London by Midnight
« Reply #211 on: July 07, 2017, 07:21:59 AM »
Thank you Fenrir

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #212 on: July 07, 2017, 08:16:36 AM »
For Facebookers, the Nickstarter has started from Facebook...giving you a free Jackalope! Link is in the Facebook group. I'll probably be getting a rulebook today :)
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline mweaver

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #213 on: July 07, 2017, 02:02:29 PM »
Sadly, as a non-Facebooker, I will have to wait.  I think the regular Nickstarter starts Monday.

-Michael

Offline LeadAsbestos

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • When the Hurlyburly's Done...
« Reply #214 on: July 07, 2017, 04:30:20 PM »
Putting my order in for Congregation tonight! Plus a few assorted goodies like the Vampire Lord...

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Everything is Better with Vampire Supermodels
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #215 on: July 07, 2017, 05:03:12 PM »
Pre-order available on North Star's website on Monday!  ;D

« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 05:09:39 PM by dinohunterpoa »
"Because life is made of inspiration, dreaming and insanity in about equal measure."
- Erzsébet Báthory - 1560-1614 (?)

Offline Fenrir

• Scientist
    • The Lead Mountaineer
« Reply #216 on: July 07, 2017, 05:11:02 PM »
Straight from Mr. Nick Eyre himself- members of the Dracula's America Player's Page Facebook Group can get in on the Nickstarter today (I'm not a Facebooker myself, so I will have to wait for my Jackalope!)...  ;)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/DraculasAmerica/

Who else is thinking of going Dark Confederacy?!  :D

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #217 on: July 07, 2017, 06:39:28 PM »
Straight from Mr. Nick Eyre himself- members of the Dracula's America Player's Page Facebook Group can get in on the Nickstarter today (I'm not a Facebooker myself, so I will have to wait for my Jackalope!)...  ;)

:o

It's great that the figures are also available separately - even the classic western Artizan figures!

« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 06:51:25 PM by dinohunterpoa »

Offline Fenrir

• Scientist
    • The Lead Mountaineer
« Reply #218 on: July 07, 2017, 06:48:36 PM »
Thanks very much, Dinohunterpoa- this is the first time I've seen the model!

Ever since I wrote the rules for the Jackalope, I've been waiting with baited breath for this mini... It does not disappoint- I must have an entire warren of them (I have a scenario idea...)!  :-*

In the game these little guys are quick on their feet and have the Bull-Rush Skill- this makes them lethal if they Charge you and win the ensuing Fight!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 06:50:43 PM by Fenrir »

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #219 on: July 07, 2017, 06:53:57 PM »
Thanks very much, Dinohunterpoa- this is the first time I've seen the model!

Ever since I wrote the rules for the Jackalope, I've been waiting with baited breath for this mini... It does not disappoint- I must have an entire warren of them (I have a scenario idea...)!  :-*

In the game these little guys are quick on their feet and have the Bull-Rush Skill- this makes them lethal if they Charge you and win the ensuing Fight!

I think its not the first 28mm miniature of a Jackalope... but it is for sure the first 28mm Jackalope miniature with its own WARGAME RULES! AWESOME!!! ;D

Offline Fenrir

• Scientist
    • The Lead Mountaineer
« Reply #220 on: July 07, 2017, 06:59:30 PM »
@Dinohunterpoa: The Dancer can of course be used as a Broodkin (or even the Broodsire leading your Posse if you prefer!)- I think North Star intended the model to be used as the Vampire Fledgling NPC that can turn up during the game to cause trouble for everyone- incidentally, the book has a suggestion for playing your games against the backdrop of an outbreak of Vampirism, where the whole town has been Turned and is out for blood- nothing to stop you having an entire chorus line of Vampire Dancers!..

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #221 on: July 07, 2017, 07:12:37 PM »
@Dinohunterpoa: The Dancer can of course be used as a Broodkin (or even the Broodsire leading your Posse if you prefer!)- I think North Star intended the model to be used as the Vampire Fledgling NPC that can turn up during the game to cause trouble for everyone- incidentally, the book has a suggestion for playing your games against the backdrop of an outbreak of Vampirism, where the whole town has been Turned and is out for blood- nothing to stop you having an entire chorus line of Vampire Dancers!..

Thanks, Fenrir!

I edited my indignation from my post when I saw in the NS's hidden page that the Dancer was also meant to be a kind of newborn and feral vampire, and because of this she was not included in the Red Hand Coven Posse!  :D

From NS's hidden webpage:

DRAC3001 - Vampire Fledgling
These feral creatures still clad in ragged clothing were once ordinary folks- now in the first throes of Vampiric infection, they are little more than ravenous animals, driven only by the urge to feed!

Part of the Unwelcome Guests: A Bestiary section of the game. Not part of your posse.
28mm sized metal figure, supplied unpainted.

Designed by Mark Copplestone.

...nothing to stop you having an entire chorus line of Vampire Dancers!..

Mate, EVERY saloon need a chorus of Vampire Dancers!  :-*

Knuckeduster Miniatures Can Can Dancers
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 07:21:44 PM by dinohunterpoa »

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #222 on: July 07, 2017, 11:56:55 PM »

And EVERY western game need a small, furry, antlered and psychotic Jackalope besides the Vampire Saloon Dancers!  ;D

Offline Saucy Jack

• Scientist
    • London by Midnight
« Reply #223 on: July 08, 2017, 12:15:30 AM »
@fenrir, is there a weapons table? Or are the weapons on each model purely for visual effect? The primary reason I ask is because most of the Apaches I own carry rifles but most of the Draculas America minis in the nickstarter only carry pistols. And I like my minis to vosually appear to carry the weapons their model stats say they do.

Offline Fenrir

• Scientist
    • The Lead Mountaineer
« Reply #224 on: July 08, 2017, 06:15:03 AM »
@Dinohunterpoa: Too true, my friend!  8)

@Saucy Jack: There is indeed a weapons table, split into basic (such as pistols and carbines etc) and special (including sawn-off shotguns, heavy pistols and so on) groups.

WYSIWYG is pretty important in SOTW (I'm a huge fan of it myself!), and a starting Campaign Posse can only take basic weapons with a maximum of two of each weapon type, excluding pistols (once you have played your first Campaign game this restriction ceases to apply, however). This is why the range has so many pistol-armed models!
A basic Posse always comprises 6 models, so you could have 2 models with Carbines and 2 with Rifles, with the remaining 2 models armed with pistols or whatever.
If playing a one-off game, you are not limited to only basic weapons- so you can take repeater rifles, buffalo guns and so on- by the way, book 2 will also introduce a new (old!) basic weapon: the musket. These are long-ranged but slow to fire, and like the pistol you can take as many of them as you like! If I'm allowed, I'll post up preview stats for them here in the near-future...

Hope that helps!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 06:17:41 AM by Fenrir »