Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:43:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Dracula's America.  (Read 58793 times)

Offline Kommando_J

• Mastermind
Re: Dracula's America.
« Reply #360 on: July 31, 2017, 11:17:59 PM »
''I just keep having the last scene of From Dusk till Dawn in mind; the back of the bar built on an Aztek temple...''

I referenced it in the other thread about vampire prostitutes ...but nobody got ''twister de mama'' lol

I would say that America is clearly Vampire territory but what about the rest?

Demons and necromancers exist, id reckon Egypt is firmly in mummy hands lol

One thing I realized is that during this period a man every bit as wicked as fictional Dracula actually existed...but more importantly was planning during this period to court American recognition for his ''philanthropic'' colony deep in the Congo...of course Dracula would see through this dastardly king...but might be willing to bestow early recognition(in real life America did recognize the Congo but it took lots of back room dealing and generous displays over a series of years) in exchange for the Congos true main resource...people.

Offline dartfrog

• Scientist
« Reply #361 on: July 31, 2017, 11:39:13 PM »
Leopold's Congo was indeed a 'horror'. I have figures, but not sure I'll go there, as it were. I feel the Belgians may well come a cropper at the hands of the many ghosts and spirits that haunt that land. Much of the congregation magic originates from that land.

Offline Kommando_J

• Mastermind
« Reply #362 on: July 31, 2017, 11:57:35 PM »
Methinks that the Belgians in my campaign will not be ruling the Congo with as iron a fist as in real life for the reasons you give, but I reckon Leopold being the dastardly bastard he is might be part of some dark pacts of his own...

Offline dartfrog

• Scientist
« Reply #363 on: August 01, 2017, 12:50:58 AM »
Well I have the game 'Congo' and it has tribal magic, so for the moment I shall stick to those rules for that game. I'll keep Drac' and his buddies in the new world for the moment. So many options my head is spinning.

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Everything is Better with Vampire Supermodels
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #364 on: August 01, 2017, 03:53:20 AM »
So many options my head is spinning.

EXACTLY!!!  ;D
"Because life is made of inspiration, dreaming and insanity in about equal measure."
- Erzsébet Báthory - 1560-1614 (?)

Offline Kommando_J

• Mastermind
« Reply #365 on: August 01, 2017, 05:31:56 AM »
Same here, was planning on making another buy but the cart wouldn't work...saved about Ł40 quid though  lol.

Offline Kommando_J

• Mastermind
« Reply #366 on: August 01, 2017, 12:03:05 PM »
The beauty is with necromancy, magic, vampirism etc. you can pretty much justify using any minis from any time period before and can just be handwaved.

For my vampire coven I was considering that my men would be the thralls of a Chinese vampire inadvertently ''stolen'' by a mixed band of Americans British and French during the looting of the Summer palace 15 years previously.

Offline LeadAsbestos

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • When the Hurlyburly's Done...
« Reply #367 on: August 01, 2017, 02:04:54 PM »
Congregation for my official posse, then my project: revenant scalphunters under the control of the Native shamaness who cursed them after they massacred her peaceful tribe. Inspired by Blood Meridian, native ghosts, undead scalphunters in furs and leather and skulls and bones, undead mounts, and my Native girl. Minis all sourced, ready to roll!

Offline Matakakea

• Scientist
« Reply #368 on: August 01, 2017, 03:55:16 PM »
I had an idea for a Posse made up of lost soldiers from Santa Anna's army who made a pact with Xipe Totec- the Flayed One would grant them vengeance if they secured him fresh sacrifices! They would have a very interesting look- ragged and stained Mexican army uniforms coupled with Mesoamerican style golden ornaments and face masks

Fenrir, If you ever have the figures made for this my credit card won't know what hit it  ;D
I'm not a mercenary. Killing's more of a hobby for me.

Offline dartfrog

• Scientist
« Reply #369 on: August 01, 2017, 04:18:12 PM »
Agreed, it would be a unique force, and after the Maximillian disaster I can see allsorts going on over that border area. I followers of The flayed one got any power they might think of taking back what they could from the battered post war States. Or maybe offer a lifeline to the Confeds, or join with the skin walkers. Oh the fun.

Offline 3 fingers

• Mastermind
« Reply #370 on: August 01, 2017, 09:36:42 PM »
Dunno if it's been said but as Louisiana is very watery ,what about a deep one style cult or similar monsters could be used as stuff that's doing masters bidding? Help add variety and justify double use purchases  lol

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #371 on: August 01, 2017, 10:33:09 PM »
Dunno if it's been said but as Louisiana is very watery ,what about a deep one style cult or similar monsters could be used as stuff that's doing masters bidding? Help add variety and justify double use purchases  lol

Great idea! I'm gonna shamelessly steal it!  :D

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #372 on: August 01, 2017, 10:35:03 PM »
''I just keep having the last scene of From Dusk till Dawn in mind; the back of the bar built on an Aztek temple...''

A poster in my WIP Wild West Saloon:

Offline SotF

• Mad Scientist
  • Shadow Of The Future
« Reply #373 on: August 02, 2017, 04:38:54 AM »
@SOTF: 'Dogmen' will be lurking in the bayous of book 3, in the guise of the Loup-Garou. Think of them as a cross between backwoods hunters and the 'dog-faced men' (and women) from historical travelling shows...
A Sasquatch Troop would be very nice indeed- I might very well write up a Faction list for them at some point as extra material!  :) They would make great opponents for an idea I had for a clan of cannibalistic/ghoulish mountain men (a la Ravenous) lurking in the mountains and forests...

Dogmen really aren't the same as the Loup-Garou...namely that they aren't shape shifters and are pretty nasty pieces of work.

Offline Fenrir

• Scientist
    • The Lead Mountaineer
« Reply #374 on: August 02, 2017, 06:43:51 AM »
@3 Fingers and Dinohunterpoa: **Cough**Book 3**Cough**

@SotF: You are of course quite correct- however I just wanted to play around with the lore a little- the Loup-Garou in Dracula's America are a distinct 'species' that live in clans (packs?) deep in the swamps. They are expert hunters, making use of salvaged weapons and their knowledge of the terrain to evade threats and bring down prey.

They certainly aren't shape-shifters, and they certainly are nasty pieces of work!  ;)
I now have a Blog, like an actual modern-day human!
https://lead-mountaineer.blogspot.co.uk/