Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:16:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690921
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 657
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 7
Guests: 461
Total: 468

Recent

Author Topic: Dracula's America.  (Read 58870 times)

Offline DeltaBlue

• Bookworm
  • wait who planted the claymore?!?
Re: Dracula's America.
« Reply #480 on: August 31, 2017, 11:13:44 AM »
Perhaps this was asked before, but I´d appreciate if anybody could help me:
The rules say that a re-roll of another die (that hasn't been re-rolled yet) is allowed on a die roll showing maximum result (e.g. 6 on a D6). Is it allowed to re-roll another die (if available) if the re-rolled result will show another maximum result?  :?

yes you can re-roll a max result so in effect if you get a 6 and re-roll and get a 6 you can re-roll that 6

in game situations we've had 4 6's in a row from re-roll, which lead to a novice gunning down big foot
GM (me) - you spot a 70 year old grey hair little old lady.. Clutching large leather bound book and a uzi.

“Tom”- “She has a Book!!!”

“Danny”- “I put a bust of M4 fire between her eyes” rolls…

Phil- “if he misses I put a shotgun slug in her face” 

That’s the Delta green baby"

Offline robbie7

• Lurker
« Reply #481 on: August 31, 2017, 11:25:19 AM »
Hi Jonathan
Lovely set of rules which we hope to try out at the Lancaster club in the next few weeks.

In Posse creation (the simple version) it states that you can only have two of each weapon in your Posse except for Pistols. The example is eg two rifles and two shotguns. Rifles and Carbines are in the weapons stats ... so could you have two Carbines and two rifles in your posse or did you intend it to be two long ranged weapons only.

Rob

Offline Michi

• Galactic Brain
  • Hoist the colours!
    • Tableterror
« Reply #482 on: August 31, 2017, 12:54:10 PM »
yes you can re-roll a max result so in effect if you get a 6 and re-roll and get a 6 you can re-roll that 6

in game situations we've had 4 6's in a row from re-roll, which lead to a novice gunning down big foot

Thank you! This will help.  :D

Offline Mindenbrush

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #483 on: August 31, 2017, 09:24:07 PM »
Just received a batch of the DA figures from Northstar that I will be painting for a friend, somehow I ended up ordering the complete set of Confederates including the horseman for myself  o_o  I was only going to order Congo but..............
Wargamers do it on a table.
YNWA - It is not a badge, it is a family crest
Montreal Historical Wargaming Club

Offline dartfrog

• Scientist
« Reply #484 on: August 31, 2017, 09:41:34 PM »
Mindenbrush, that happens  ;)

Offline Fenrir

• Scientist
    • The Lead Mountaineer
« Reply #485 on: September 01, 2017, 06:33:51 AM »
@Robbie7:Hi, Rob! Give me a shout and I'll see if I can make it down for a game!
As the rules say, it's no more than two of each Weapon (besides pistols) per Posse- so you can indeed have two carbines and two rifles!

@Saucy Jack: Incredible looking set-up there! Really enjoyed reading the AAR on your blog, as well- looking forward to seeing what else you come up with!

@Paboook: Well I keep trying; but Facebook apparently really doesn't want me!  lol  For the time being, I'll still be here if you need any answers...
I now have a Blog, like an actual modern-day human!
https://lead-mountaineer.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Saucy Jack

• Scientist
    • London by Midnight
« Reply #486 on: September 01, 2017, 10:53:23 AM »
@Fenrir - Thanks, we will be having another campaign game this evening. An I am thinking about using the Congregation, but I am a bit put off by the fact that I cannot start with a hougan/mambo arcanist from the get go. Can this really be true? IMO the Congregation is all about voodoo, yet it is not possible from the beginning to have a hougan/mambo.

Offline Fenrir

• Scientist
    • The Lead Mountaineer
« Reply #487 on: September 02, 2017, 06:11:02 AM »
@Saucy Jack: It is true, I'm afraid- the reason being that both the Crossroads Cult and Dark Confederacy already had starting Arcanists, and I didn't want to end up with half the Factions having the same sort of feel!..

...However if your opponents are happy to let you do so then I'd consider swapping out the Vessel for an Arcanist with Bless and two other Powers. Don't let the rules as written put you off using the Congregation if that's your preferred Faction!  :)

Let us know how you get on!

Offline dartfrog

• Scientist
« Reply #488 on: September 02, 2017, 12:59:28 PM »
We play tested and just had an archanist. First few games is always worth dipping in with random bits so you get the feel of the rules. Like the ill advised hand to hand just to see what happens? Answer, you get mashed!

I like the rules because I can pull at them to get the feel we want.

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Everything is Better with Vampire Supermodels
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #489 on: September 02, 2017, 01:36:54 PM »

I like the rules because I can pull at them to get the feel we want.

EXACTLY! Really a VERY clever ruleset!  ;)
"Because life is made of inspiration, dreaming and insanity in about equal measure."
- Erzsébet Báthory - 1560-1614 (?)

Offline Tracy George

• Schoolboy
« Reply #490 on: September 02, 2017, 03:46:58 PM »
This came up in my last game. Couldn't find it in the rulebook.

Player A was going to Dual Activation a model from their posse. Player B's model, on Lookout, decided to React. Player B's model shoots and Downs Player A's model.

1. Is the action over for Player A or can they choose a new Solo or Dual action?

2. What if Player A did Dual Activation and moved a model once. Then, tried to do the second Activation with that same model but Player B's model, on Lookout, shoots Player A's model and Downs Player A's model. Does Player A still get an action for another model or is that action lost?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 03:05:00 PM by Tracy George »

Offline dartfrog

• Scientist
« Reply #491 on: September 02, 2017, 06:51:49 PM »
Unsure the 'official' version, but we play once declared the two actions have been allocated. So don't get shot!
As I say I don't know if this is official, just how we play it. ???

Offline Fenrir

• Scientist
    • The Lead Mountaineer
« Reply #492 on: September 03, 2017, 08:35:49 AM »
@Tracy George: Let's see if I've understood your question correctly...

1) Bottom of page 35- "Once all eligible Reactions are complete, the triggering model then completes their Action if still able to do so."
So, if the now Downed model was about to take a Move Action when it got shot then it would still get to Move- though obviously now at the 2" crawl rate. If it was going to do anything else, then it would lose that Action (as the only thing a Downed model can do is Move- page 32) and thus end their Activation in this case!

Note that this would not affect the Dual Activation as a whole- so you can still Activate the other model if they haven't yet made their Action.

2) You can't Activate the same model twice as part of a Dual Activation (by definition, that would make it a Solo Activation!). Once a model has made it's Action during a Dual Activation, it gets a Done Token (bottom of page 15).

Hope that helps- if I've misunderstood you then give me a shout!  :)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 08:37:40 AM by Fenrir »

Offline Saucy Jack

• Scientist
    • London by Midnight
« Reply #493 on: September 03, 2017, 10:24:50 AM »
A few more @fenrir

1) The hired gun Doc: it says that if he rolls a max on his die he removes a injury. So basically a 6 on a d6 when you first hire him. If he advances to veteran he now has to roll an 8 on his d8 - is this real? So as he advances his chance of success becomes worse.

2) If a model gets a Downed from a Fight and falls due to standing on an edge and then receives another Downed result, there is no further effect, as two Downed does not become a Casualty.

3) A model with Triggerhappy and a Repeater Rifle can fire four shots with a solo activation?

Offline Fenrir

• Scientist
    • The Lead Mountaineer
« Reply #494 on: September 03, 2017, 11:00:10 AM »
No problem, Saucy Jack!

1) Technically, yes- however, his chance of killing the patient is also reduced... And you also have a Doc who is better in a scrap and more survivable! Glass half full, or half empty?  ;)

2) Yes you are correct, the unfortunate model remains Down in this case- there's no way to tell just how badly hurt they are at this point, or whether it was the attack or the fall that hurt them more! Only the Recovery Phase will reveal this...

3) Also correct- four shots (and 4 times the chance of a Jam, of course)!