Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:50:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690898
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 884
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Dracula's America.  (Read 58818 times)

Offline Froggy the Great

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • ...let slip the frogs of war.
    • My deviantArt gallery of painted figures
Re: Dracula's America.
« Reply #600 on: October 25, 2017, 02:35:05 PM »
@Froggy the Great: Ouch! Commiserations... Who were doing the ambushing?
Our first game was versus Red Hand Coven, which we took apart with ease.  We had time for another game, so I set up near the saloon and let him deploy out of LOS - the RHC came back for payback after dark while the Twilight Order was unwinding.  My posse mostly failed their grit rolls to be aware on the first turn, and ended up trying to charge the Barber shop where the RHC was fortified.  It ended as one would expect, and the stories are good.  I am painting up replacement Templars.
You, sir, are not allowed to attempt a takeover of the solar system until your octopus sobers up.

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Everything is Better with Vampire Supermodels
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #601 on: October 27, 2017, 03:40:32 PM »
Our first game was versus Red Hand Coven, which we took apart with ease.  We had time for another game, so I set up near the saloon and let him deploy out of LOS - the RHC came back for payback after dark while the Twilight Order was unwinding.  My posse mostly failed their grit rolls to be aware on the first turn, and ended up trying to charge the Barber shop where the RHC was fortified.  It ended as one would expect, and the stories are good.  I am painting up replacement Templars.

TRHC rules the night!  ;D
"Because life is made of inspiration, dreaming and insanity in about equal measure."
- Erzsébet Báthory - 1560-1614 (?)

Offline Vampifan

• Scientist
    • Vampifan's World of the Undead
« Reply #602 on: October 27, 2017, 07:18:45 PM »
TRHC rules the night!  ;D

And so they should!  :D :D :D :D :D

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #603 on: October 28, 2017, 12:07:42 AM »
And so they should!  :D :D :D :D :D

EXACTLY!  lol lol lol lol

Vampifan, BTW (and totally off topic, sorry): played in a "modern SpecOps" game a few days ago with a modern version of the Red Hand Coven, it was a BLAST! (literally, because we attacked that papercraft Ebbles "Convoy" and literally burned 4 heavy trucks and 2 Humvees to the ground!)  ;D Go Vamps!!! lol

Gonna play a scenario with Werewolves in the near future with a "modernized" version of Dracula's America rules this time - and then pictures will follow!  ;)

Offline Vampifan

• Scientist
« Reply #604 on: October 28, 2017, 09:34:35 AM »
EXACTLY!  lol lol lol lol

Vampifan, BTW (and totally off topic, sorry): played in a "modern SpecOps" game a few days ago with a modern version of the Red Hand Coven, it was a BLAST! (literally, because we attacked that papercraft Ebbles "Convoy" and literally burned 4 heavy trucks and 2 Humvees to the ground!)  ;D Go Vamps!!! lol

Gonna play a scenario with Werewolves in the near future with a "modernized" version of Dracula's America rules this time - and then pictures will follow!  ;)

I would love to see that!  :-*

Great to hear your vamps performed so well in the SpecOps game. I have the Ebbles convoy you mentioned so I can picture it in my mind's eye. It sounds like it was a great game.  8)

By the way, I do like your new avatar.  8) Who is he, please?  :?

Offline BlaxKleric

• Scientist
    • Fantorical
« Reply #605 on: October 28, 2017, 11:27:35 AM »
The fourth of my "Wargames Foundry" Zombie Gunfighters for "Dracula's America" is now finished, and thought you'd enjoy a group shot of all six miniatures I've painted for "Zomtober"  :)

http://fantorical.blogspot.co.uk/2017/10/an-unwelcome-guest.html
Painting & Gaming Blog: https://www.fantoricalwargaming.com/
Daily Super-hero Comic Review Blog: http://thebrownbagaeccb.blogspot.co.uk

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #606 on: October 28, 2017, 12:03:34 PM »
Hey, Vampifan!

I would love to see that!  :-*

You'll see!  8)

Great to hear your vamps performed so well in the SpecOps game.

Vamps are born performers!  :D

As the Red Hand Coven I've used old Foundry Street Violence figures that I used to represent vampire characters in the Vampire RPG aeons ago! (Juno's Crew, you have them!  ;))    

I have the Ebbles convoy you mentioned so I can picture it in my mind's eye. It sounds like it was a great game.  8)

I know you have Ebbles Convoy (I've seen the Humvees in your website a long time ago), so I've wondered you would like to hear what happened to mine! lol  Actually a dear friend of mine - the GM of that particular game - put them in the table as an inside joke of hers, because the 6 "SpecOps Girls" have long decided that they would NEVER use papercraft scenery in their modern games! And to be "officially" included in the group I had to literally burn the vehicles in that attack - yes, their sense of humor is that wicked!  ;D (they're still Vampire Supermodels after all!)

By the way, I do like your new avatar.  8) Who is he, please?  :?

Well, that's another inside joke! It's a 1/6 Action Figure of a PMC that they've given me as a "bribe" to try a SpecOps game with them, after they already abducted my GF to their crew! (and that guy supposedly looks very alike me!) I was always totally "been there, done that and have the scars and the PTSD" kind of thing about "modern operations" games, but in the end I enjoyed it immensely! We had VAMPIRES, for God's sake! Now I can say that I'm totally hooked on SpecOps Adventures! (specially playing the "bad guys!" against the girl's Covert Agents! :D)

A close friend of mine - who was also in the line of "been there, done that, etc..." is gonna jump aboard in a game featuring a pack of werewolves in the near future - that's the game I will photograph and post the AAR here on LAF!  ;)

So our MULP and Gothic Horror group has now "officially" taken the plunge to SpecOps adventures! (and yes, Dracula's America will stay in the shadows for some more time... but I'll keep following this thread here on LAF!  :D

Cheers!  ;)

Offline Vampifan

• Scientist
« Reply #607 on: October 28, 2017, 03:03:27 PM »
Dammit, but you really know how to have a good time!   lol lol lol lol lol

I look forward to reading about your new SpecOps adventures and wish you all the best of luck. That's the beauty of vampires - they can pop up anywhere, anytime.  :D :D :D :D :D

Juno's Crew are such cool figures. I can totally see them working well as vampires.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Have fun, my friend!  :) :) :) :) :)

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #608 on: October 28, 2017, 08:54:14 PM »
Dammit, but you really know how to have a good time!   lol lol lol lol lol

I look forward to reading about your new SpecOps adventures and wish you all the best of luck. That's the beauty of vampires - they can pop up anywhere, anytime.  :D :D :D :D :D

Juno's Crew are such cool figures. I can totally see them working well as vampires.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Have fun, my friend!  :) :) :) :) :)

I am a very, very lucky old bastard, I know!  lol

Vamps are always cool! Seeing those wonderful "modern" miniatures from Spectra and Empress, I cannot stop thinking about MENA (Middle East / North Africa) insurgents and their ancestral relation with Assamite vampires...  ;)  And I've already been spotted around local toy stores looking for 1:50 scale die cast pick up trucks in order to convert them into Technicals for my "bad guys"...  

The fact is that injecting supernatural elements into modern conflict scenarios turns the darker and somber aspects of warfare into something manageable and really fun in the games table! The girls, for exemple, most of them come from operational backgrounds, but got a really good time designing and playing their games of a small private group of covert operatives - think "Charlie Angels" meet "HOMELAND", OMG!  :D

These are new waters for an old duck as myself, but let's see if a can put up a blog or something!

And thanks very much for the encouragement, pardner! Cheers!  :D
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 09:00:45 PM by dinohunterpoa »

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #609 on: October 28, 2017, 10:34:10 PM »
Since Dracula's America clever rules allows for fast and bloody indoors action, take a look a these Old West furniture resin pieces:

From here:

https://hexy-shop.com/shop/terrain-buildings/sci-fi-modelling-basing/wild-west-basing-kit/

;)

Offline BlaxKleric

• Scientist
    • Fantorical
« Reply #610 on: October 29, 2017, 08:29:45 AM »
Since Dracula's America clever rules allows for fast and bloody indoors action, take a look a these Old West furniture resin pieces:

Cracking link dinohunterpoa - I've not heard of them before but that sites got some serious stuff. Many thanks  :-*

Offline Vampifan

• Scientist
« Reply #611 on: October 29, 2017, 09:49:04 AM »
They're excellent. Thanks for sharing, Edu. Order placed already!  :D

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #612 on: October 29, 2017, 01:13:03 PM »

You're always welcome, guys!  ;)

And don't forget to put the right "WANTED" posters all over your town!

Offline Vampifan

• Scientist
« Reply #613 on: October 29, 2017, 01:36:08 PM »
Okay, I'm going to bite. Who's Cody Zamora? She sounds mighty interesting.  :D

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #614 on: October 29, 2017, 01:41:41 PM »
Okay, I'm going to bite. Who's Cody Zamora? She sounds mighty interesting.  :D

Vampifan, you're serious you don't know her? HERETIC!!!  :o

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bad_Girls_(1994_film)

EDIT> This movie has a gallows rescue scene that is a Dracula's America game waiting to happen! Just make the girls vamps... of course!  :D

;)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 01:51:13 PM by dinohunterpoa »