Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:27:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: The Walking Dead (March 15: Barn)  (Read 22401 times)

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
Re: The Walking Dead (Update: Reggie & furnished house
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2017, 07:27:36 PM »
Update - Reggie & Furnished house

Finished another one...Reggie. It's the guy who shot Rick in issue 1, so basically a foul escaped inmate. I turned him into an angry old man (Get of me lawn!), as I thought it fit the sculpt better. Went with a blue shirt on dark blue pants. For the pants I went with the painting technique where you paint very small lined instead of usual highlights to make it rough and worn. It works, but it could be better. But still, lovely sculpt that was painted fast!

Furnished House

Back in winter I bought the game and also a great pre-painted MDF house from Pat's Laser Cuttings. Now one of the things I dislike is to have buildings without any furniture. It just looks weird and never works for me. So most of the time I go for buildings without any interiors...as it takes a LOT of time to do right. But with this one I wanted to go all in. I bought a lot of 1/48 furniture by Petite Properties Ltd. (which cost me more than the house lol) and started painting it. This cost a loooooot of time. It's just a lot of stuff! I also added wall paper (printed textures), a 7TV television, printed TWD comics, all kinds of pots and jars from Pacarat, printed boxes (with black 16mm dice inside!), a lamp, taps, toilet paper, towels and bed sheeting from my kid's socks, mirror and paintings...and I could have kept adding more and more! But it had to stay playable, so I left it as it is now. It cost way too much time for such a piece, but it was nice to do.
Now to play a scenario...

Although my mind said "never again!" after finishing...I'm already contemplating adding a drug store and a gun shop...with furnishing lol
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline Treebeard

• Mad Scientist
  • Lazy French Painter
    • Painting Log
Re: The Walking Dead (Update: Reggie & furnished house)
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2017, 07:41:22 PM »
A master piece !

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2017, 10:39:29 PM »
Lovely (doll) house :D

But a whole table of those though...
- Karsten

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: Donner und Blitzen

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Everything is Better with Vampire Supermodels
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2017, 03:15:48 AM »

Malebolgia, that work with the house is up to what you've done with those minis: AWESOME!  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Looking forward to see an AAR soon!  ;)
"Because life is made of inspiration, dreaming and insanity in about equal measure."
- Erzsébet Báthory - 1560-1614 (?)

Offline Dr. Zombie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2017, 07:06:12 AM »
That is very nice indeed.

I find myself wondering sometimes at what point do I cross the line where I am no longer building wargames scenery but doll houses. The line do seem to blur.

Offline Mahwell skel

• Librarian
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2017, 08:58:39 AM »
Nice lead mountain storage in the attic! Very nice work. Derek's face is great as is Morgan's wife.

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2017, 09:31:32 AM »
About time I finished some more TWD! And once again a blast to paint.

Patrick

Nice miniature...great pose, hardly any annoying detail and fun to paint. It's a shame he has a floppy baseball bat sized for kids...I did heat it with boiling water and reposed it, but after time it bent back. So floppy bat it is...

Shane

Awesome sculpt and I tried to keep his leather jacket as close to Rick's as I could. The tone is a bit different, but that's okay. Had some doubts how to paint his shirt and in the end went with an orangy red. I doubted adding letters to his cap...but the comic told me it had to be done.

So two more done! Next up will be some not-TWD characters to use in campaigns as custom characters. I am also working on a campaign system, but that proves to be a big challenge to get right.

Offline Treebeard

• Mad Scientist
  • Lazy French Painter
    • Painting Log
Re: The Walking Dead (Update: Patrick & Shane)
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2017, 09:35:29 AM »
Very nice job on these. I'm interested in your campaign systems (solo or multi ?)

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2017, 09:57:49 AM »
Thanks! The rules will be a solo-campaign and I am writing it like a TV series; so a campaign which is built with seasons which are built from 10 scenarios. For the scenarios you roll dice to see which one you will play (or choose, whatever you like :)), it will have a mid-season finale and of course a finale.
Each season will have a certain story (a herd approaching camp, a group of opponents, etc.) and you roll each season to see what story will occur this season. You will play until you have the perfect ending for your group or if everybody dies.

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2017, 10:20:03 AM »
Nice paint jobs.

A campaign system is the one thing currently missing from the rules (I assume a vehicle expansion is in the future).

Offline King Arthur

• Scientist
    • SOCIALS AND SHOPS
Re: The Walking Dead (Update: Reggie & furnished house
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2017, 10:35:00 AM »

all kinds of pots and jars from Pacarat,

Amazing work on the interiors! I too am building a post apocalypse setting and am hoarding bits and pieces  :D

I tried to search for Pacarat online but found nothing linking to modelling, do you have the web address as I'd be interested in their 'Pots and Jars' ?

Cheers!
COMMISIONS OPEN - I CUSTOM KITBASH YOUR MODELS. 40K, STARGRAVE, NECROMUNDA, AoS; FORBIDDEN PSALM

https://withkoji.com/@IsItSheerMadness

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2017, 11:16:22 AM »
Amazing work on the interiors! I too am building a post apocalypse setting and am hoarding bits and pieces  :D

I tried to search for Pacarat online but found nothing linking to modelling, do you have the web address as I'd be interested in their 'Pots and Jars' ?

Cheers!

Hey,

Pacarat is a LAF member :)
http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?action=profile;u=7969

I PM'ed him and bought a set of potions. They were packed well, sent fast, arrived in perfect condition and look fantastic. So really recommended 8)

Offline Treebeard

• Mad Scientist
  • Lazy French Painter
    • Painting Log
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2017, 01:26:43 PM »
Thanks! The rules will be a solo-campaign and I am writing it like a TV series; so a campaign which is built with seasons which are built from 10 scenarios. For the scenarios you roll dice to see which one you will play (or choose, whatever you like :)), it will have a mid-season finale and of course a finale.
Each season will have a certain story (a herd approaching camp, a group of opponents, etc.) and you roll each season to see what story will occur this season. You will play until you have the perfect ending for your group or if everybody dies.

Sounds interesting. Have you planned to manage resources (food, weapon, ammos) for the survivor ?

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2017, 02:12:29 PM »
Absolutely, I think basic living requirements (food, water, roof, etc.) are the key elements for a good campaign. I don't see survivors digging around in scenarios and looking for weapons all the time. So I think I will make some cards in Photoshop for all types of stuff you can find and then make a deck of loot from these. The deck will vary from game to game to simulate the location you scavenge. So a supermarket may be 10 food+3 weapon+2 gear cards and a hunting store might have 8 weapons+5 gear+2 food cards. Easy system to vary the type of loot and doesn't require tons of cards.

Offline Treebeard

• Mad Scientist
  • Lazy French Painter
    • Painting Log
« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2017, 03:00:53 PM »
Sounds good.