Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 04:26:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1685053
  • Total Topics: 118007
  • Online Today: 766
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Mordheim...oh dear.  (Read 4042 times)

Offline audrey

• Scientist
    • My Oubliette
Re: Mordheim...oh dear.
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2017, 02:17:00 PM »
Great job Elbows! You knocked all of that out so quickly. I look forward to reaping the benefits of your hard work and playing some games on it :). We should set up a Mordamunda weekend with the gang and play both games.
Mistress of slayage

My Oubliette:
http://audreysoubliette.wordpress.com

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2017, 03:04:08 PM »
That sounds good.  At some point I'll be doing some more sci-fi walkways (and the peaked roofs of these pieces are removable, so I'll add some alternate roofs) and with a bunch of sci-fi goodies it'll become quasi-Necromunda stuff as well.  I suppose I should actually paint up some figures first though... lol
2024 Painted Miniatures: 140
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline Gutbukkit

• Mad Scientist
    • Hrafnslith - Dark Age Reenactment
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2017, 10:57:10 AM »
Superb buildings. Looks like it will be lots of fun to play on.

Offline mellis1644

• Mad Scientist
    • Adventures in painting
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2017, 01:22:50 PM »
Very impressive.
My painting blog is at: http://mellis1644.wordpress.com/

Offline thenamelessdead

• Scientist
  • I've made a huge mistake...
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2017, 08:32:27 PM »
That's pretty much the ideal for Morders.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2017, 10:17:18 PM »
Brilliant!
So quick and extremely effective.
You will get the most out of Mordy with that set-up, that is for sure.
 :-* 8) :-*

I like the idea of the 'watery' setting, which is something that I have always fancied doing but wish I had thought of it BEFORE I had built my current set-up*. I look forward to it.
 8) 8)

*Not that that has been used for Mordheim for an age.....
 ::)

Offline Drachenklinge

• Mastermind
  • °_O ... gnihihi ...
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2017, 06:21:00 AM »
So, someone mentioned Mordheim and a week later I had a table built...
"Infinity" ... like to see a table from You about that one, as well.   :D

That is amazing work, looking really great! Any plans for the floor? GamingMat? Structured styrofoam or something like that?
best wishes
Drachenklinge
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's no problem talking to Your miniatures! Beware, when they begin replying.

Offline Sinewgrab

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • All to all, by my mustard!
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2017, 04:12:08 AM »
That layout just screams for a swamp-based table to set it up on top of...with wyrdstone eating gators!
"There is no known cure for the wargaming virus, only treatments with ever increasing doses of metal."

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2017, 03:09:17 PM »
Two likely settings at the moment.

1) A lovely neoprene mat with cobblestones and/or roadways etc.  There is one called "destroyed roads" I'm looking at from somewhere in the EU.

2) A "bridges over trouble waters" approach.  I have some cork tiles and I'm debating trying to cut them up and mount them over top walled Dwarven Forge dungeon bits...to create platforms of various size.  Take the platforms and place them over a wretched green bit of suede I have laying around and voila...suspended platforms over a river/lake/crap.  I have some painted up row boats and I like the idea of additional larger bridges (and draw bridges).  Also my buddy and I had discussed adding magnetized ziplines to the board at some point (just a couple...hope you pass that initiative test!)

Will definitely be doing the first...probably the second and will switch back and forth as needed.  The "table" will be supported by a few purchased MDF buildings, a bunch of sheds (already have them) and I'll be doing up a bunch of scatter terrain when I have time.  Maybe some dead trees and a set of spare walls I have laying around.  Add to that some additional carts/wagons and it should be plenty.

Offline fred

• Galactic Brain
    • Miniature Gaming
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2017, 03:13:31 PM »

2) A "bridges over trouble waters" approach.  I have some cork tiles and I'm debating trying to cut them up and mount them over top walled Dwarven Forge dungeon bits...to create platforms of various size.  Take the platforms and place them over a wretched green bit of suede I have laying around and voila...suspended platforms over a river/lake/crap. 

This sounds good - we have done a similar game before, and it really changes things up when you can't just go running forwards to things. Make sure to have some platforms that can only be reached in complex ways!

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2017, 04:31:06 PM »
This sounds good - we have done a similar game before, and it really changes things up when you can't just go running forwards to things. Make sure to have some platforms that can only be reached in complex ways!

That's actually the entire point of several of the pieces I put together.  It's not really visible but one of the small pieces has a drawbridge (so it can be raised/lowered by models in game) and the larger bridge piece pivots and has winding cranks at the bottom.  Add to that some rather high 6" stuff and there will definitely be massive bottlenecks and some tricky-to-get-to locations.

I like the idea of a player looking at a piece of Wyrdstone and thinking "how the hell do I get to that?"...even better if I can come up with 2-3 ways to get there.

Offline SotF

• Mad Scientist
  • Shadow Of The Future
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2017, 06:30:26 PM »
Two likely settings at the moment.

1) A lovely neoprene mat with cobblestones and/or roadways etc.  There is one called "destroyed roads" I'm looking at from somewhere in the EU.

2) A "bridges over trouble waters" approach.  I have some cork tiles and I'm debating trying to cut them up and mount them over top walled Dwarven Forge dungeon bits...to create platforms of various size.  Take the platforms and place them over a wretched green bit of suede I have laying around and voila...suspended platforms over a river/lake/crap.  I have some painted up row boats and I like the idea of additional larger bridges (and draw bridges).  Also my buddy and I had discussed adding magnetized ziplines to the board at some point (just a couple...hope you pass that initiative test!)

Will definitely be doing the first...probably the second and will switch back and forth as needed.  The "table" will be supported by a few purchased MDF buildings, a bunch of sheds (already have them) and I'll be doing up a bunch of scatter terrain when I have time.  Maybe some dead trees and a set of spare walls I have laying around.  Add to that some additional carts/wagons and it should be plenty.

With the more vertical look of the pieces, you could also go with a more canyon type thing where it fits between the cliffs and goes up and down from there