Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:48:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690905
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 907
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Lau is on THE DEVIL'S RUN  (Read 2068 times)

Offline Lau

• Librarian
Lau is on THE DEVIL'S RUN
« on: March 22, 2017, 10:58:40 PM »
With the hope of my Devils Run: Hells Highway kickstarter being shipped soon, i have startet gathering toy cars for some gangs. My plan is to run 'Hauls Angels', since i have some cards for them from the first Devils Run game. I also have some cards for 'Laws Haulage', and will get some more from the new kickstarter, so I definetly will do more for them. Lastly i have bought a lot of BritAttack vehicles and cards. The plan right now is to focus on making Hauls Angels and Laws Haulage. Hauls angels will be painted green, and i plan to buy policecars for Laws Haulage, and keep the original paint job. If that is not possible they will be white. Now for some pictures of my first purchase and the plan for what will happen to the cars.
Bikes, drivers and other stuff are from Ramshackle Miniatures

Generel look at the cars i bought

This is the beginning of the first vehicle. Its going to be for Hauls Angels, and will be a fast and light-armored car.

The lowest car will be a Hauls Angel normal car. T hibnk to to other cars are really cool. they look like and 80s batmobile. Maybe they will be BritAttack, but i dont have a plan.

Bought this to convert to at buggy with machinegun, but it is to big. I will cut it up and see if it will work.

A tank like vehicle. Dont know what i will use it for, but there is a hatch on the top that fits a machinegun nest. hopefullt i will get inspired.

This looked really cool when i bought it, but now i think its kindda boring. Dont really have a plan for it. I though it would be LAws Haulage, but i dont think the black color will fit the theme, and if i paint it white, it will look very boring.

A cool helcopter! It will be painted white and used as a Laws Haulage drone with pilot. I think this will eb very cool. It will also be equipped with dual machineguns!

A sheriffs car, I will use the original paintjob as base for a laws haulage car. Think it will work well.

The boot opens, and i tried to equip it with a rear gunner, but the sizes didn't work. Will probably just keep it closed

I aparently have a thing for trucks. Its cool there are room for rear gunners! dont really have a plan with this one.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 01:29:57 PM by Lau »

Offline monkeylite

• Scientist
    • Moedlhafen
Re: Lau is on THE DEVIL'S RUN
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 10:31:51 AM »
Excellent. I'll be keeping up with this. I also just bought into the Devil's Run KS (Although mine isn't due for delivery until September) and I bought a load of Ramshackle Games' bits, too.

http://tewblogger.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/DR%3AR666

I do like your collection of cars. I ended up with mostly family cars, instead of buggies and jeeps, etc.

Offline Molotov98989

• Bookworm
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2017, 01:17:19 PM »
Great stuff there Lau, keep going man ;-)

@ Monkeylite, nice work you have there on your blog, Loving your work with the wind screens.
My website for commissions; jhminiatures.com

Offline Lau

• Librarian
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2017, 03:39:11 PM »
Excellent. I'll be keeping up with this. I also just bought into the Devil's Run KS (Although mine isn't due for delivery until September) and I bought a load of Ramshackle Games' bits, too.

http://tewblogger.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/DR%3AR666

I do like your collection of cars. I ended up with mostly family cars, instead of buggies and jeeps, etc.

Wow, thats a cool blog! Thanks for sharing! Lots of inspiration!

Do you have anything behind the metal net you use instead of windscreens, or is it just difficult to see through them? (I want the option to do the same, so I have to paint fewer driver miniatures)

Great stuff there Lau, keep going man ;-)

@ Monkeylite, nice work you have there on your blog, Loving your work with the wind screens.

Thanks a lot! I deffinetly will :-)

Offline monkeylite

• Scientist
    • Moedlhafen
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2017, 07:01:29 PM »
Usually I stick the metal grille straight onto the plastic windscreen. A couple of times I've had to stick it to the sides of the window, when there isn't any plastic.

Offline Lau

• Librarian
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2017, 11:12:00 PM »
Another update!

So i Finally got the buggy cut up, so it will fit one space on the board. I think it will work well. I will move the front wheels backword and put on a metal plate as a flat front. It hink it will look good:

I got another low armor high speed car done, with a driver and a shooter:

I got the helicopter to look like i wanted, and sprayed white, so its ready for a police paint job:

And I got some cars and effects sprayed and ready to be painted:

Offline therepoman

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2017, 04:56:33 PM »
Cool looking stuff! Would probably work really well for Gaslands too.
post-collapse tabletop adventures: www.wreck-age.net

Offline Molotov98989

• Bookworm
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2017, 05:08:57 PM »
Groovy ;-) Can't wait to see how that buggy looks!

Offline Lau

• Librarian
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2017, 10:33:03 AM »
Groovy ;-) Can't wait to see how that buggy looks!

Thanks a lot! Its getting cool! There will be pictures soon. I plan to post pictures of the entire proces. And it will totally fit within the lines!

Cool looking stuff! Would probably work really well for Gaslands too.

Thank you!
I do not know Gaslands. Will you point me towards a place where i can read more about it? It will always be nice to have another place to use my cars :-)

Offline Bloodbeard

• Librarian
  • Dad, Teacher, Hobbyist
    • Bloodbeard's Garage
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2017, 07:41:08 PM »
Very nice work on your cars Lau. Good work and nice blogging you've got going on here. Looking forward to run your gangs of the road.