Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:22:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Rotting corpse as a plot point: any minis that would work?  (Read 1638 times)

Offline oabee

• Mad Scientist
Rotting corpse as a plot point: any minis that would work?
« on: March 26, 2017, 12:45:05 AM »
For my upcoming Pulp Alley Lost World scenario I am searching for a mini (28-32mm) to represent the rotting corpse of an unfortunate explorer to use as a Horrific Plot Point.

For once my google-fu has failed me and I have so far found nothing suitable.  :?

Suggestions would be welcome! I am no sculptor, but would consider scratch building advice as well. 

Thanks in advance!

Mike

I was talking aloud to myself. A habit of the old: they choose the wisest person present to speak to; the long explanations needed by the young are wearying.
Gandalf

Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face.
Harry Dresden

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
Re: Rotting corpse as a plot point: any minis that would work?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2017, 02:31:23 AM »
Must be some generic zombie figures that would work. Might need a bit of hacking conversion to make it look less ambulatory, but that's the first thought that comes to mind.

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline S J Donovan

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2017, 06:24:19 AM »
Check Recreational Conflicts Lead Bones single civilians 3, 4, 6 could work as they come as unarmed, armed, zombie and dead.

Offline oabee

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2017, 01:39:49 PM »
Must be some generic zombie figures that would work. Might need a bit of hacking conversion to make it look less ambulatory, but that's the first thought that comes to mind.

Something that had occurred to me, but I admit I am ignorant of all things zombie.

Check Recreational Conflicts Lead Bones single civilians 3, 4, 6 could work as they come as unarmed, armed, zombie and dead.

Great ideas. How would someone go about making them look, well, more rotted and gnawed at by carrion feeders? [See above: "I am no sculptor."]  Hacking away with the old Xacto? :)

Offline Dr. Zombie

• Scatterbrained Genius

Offline oabee

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2017, 03:49:03 PM »
TTcombat has these corpses. https://ttcombat.com/collections/city-scenics/products/corpses-and-body-parts

This has possibilities: the dismembered, headless torso with a foot and part of an arm next to it, plus its head on a stake to warn interlopers of the consequences of their trespass.  >:D

I like it!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 03:52:32 PM by oabee »

Offline warrenpeace

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2017, 05:53:55 PM »
Have you considered having the previous explorer die far enough in the past to allow his bones to be picked clean? There are a variety of fantasy skeletons available for genres such as pirates and ancient Egypt. Could modify these by putting on a pith helmet and draping some torn clothing over the figure using thin paper and white glue. Reaper has quite a few skeletons available.
Sailors have more fun!

Offline oabee

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2017, 11:45:39 PM »
Have you considered having the previous explorer die far enough in the past to allow his bones to be picked clean? There are a variety of fantasy skeletons available for genres such as pirates and ancient Egypt. Could modify these by putting on a pith helmet and draping some torn clothing over the figure using thin paper and white glue. Reaper has quite a few skeletons available.

Quite valid point. My thinking is that rotted flesh would better qualify as Horrific than cleanly picked bones. The Pulp Alley Horror rules suggest "searching a pile of rotting corpses" as a Horrific plot point, for example. A dismembered corpse with its head on a stake, surrounded perhaps with totems (skulls-on-a-stick a la those shone in the Congo rulebook, mayhaps?) or the like is where I'm leaning at the moment.

The Lost World scenario at the moment includes a Neanderthal male-only tribe who has kidnapped the deceased explorers' daughter,  two tribes of rival Amazons (Warlord/Lucid Eye), a party of explorers [trying to find the ex-explorer and daughter], and a League of Sky Pirates (Statuesque). Major plot point will be the captured daughter (from Pulp Figures Cringing Captives), and minor plot points will be a nest of eggs from a large carnivorous flightless bird (Reaper Axebeak), the rotting corpse (above), something-or-other to be found in the cave of a cave bear (DeeZee), and a plot-point-or-two-to-be determined-later. Also running around out there will be a Reaper sabre-toothed tiger and some alligators in the river. And maybe a carnivorous plant (Antediluvian Miniatures)?

Any similarity to Tarzan's Opar [ape men, normal women] is entirely intentional.  ;)

Now that I think about it, I'll need skeletons and bones for the bear cave, so suggestions there are welcome.