Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:44:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Best source of basic plastic skeletons?  (Read 1128 times)

Offline Lawful Evil

• Scientist
Best source of basic plastic skeletons?
« on: April 06, 2017, 07:49:19 AM »
Hey guys, I'm after some basic, clutter free, essentially 'nude' plastic skeletons. As times have gone by GW skeletons have gotten more detailed, covered in rusted armour and tattered clothes. Mantic's offerings are similar, making them look more genuinely like a risen corpse, but that's not what I'm after. Anyone got any ideas? The Wargames Factory skellies seem to be OOP, and even eBay is failing me, with $30+ shipping fees from the land of the free making lots anything but.
I only need a dozen to twenty of them for converting (like so http://s3.zetaboards.com/The_Ammobunker/topic/7845789/1/), so metal is probably right out.
Thanks in advance.

Offline mrgrigson

• Librarian
    • The Overloaded Queue
Re: Best source of basic plastic skeletons?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 02:20:35 PM »
Sadly, Wargames Factory are the best that were on the market. I only managed to get my box of them because the local hobby shop happened to order a box because one of the owners liked skeletons and they needed to fill out an order to one of their less frequently used distributors. I know Andy Foster at Heresy has had plastic skellies on his mind for ages and would like to do a KS for them at some point, but he's still clearing the queue from his last KS and is one of those folks who doesn't want to start another project until this one's done.

Good luck with the search!

Offline MM

• Bookworm
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 02:37:17 PM »
Hello, I 've garnered that the WF Skeletons were bought by Warlord Games and that they are due to be re-released in a couple of months.

Apparently they are also tweaking the figures...hopefully they will come in less parts! The basic models are very nice though, albeit fragile.

Offline Major_Gilbear

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • God-Emperor of Dune
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 03:15:36 PM »
I know you've asked for plastic, but there's some made by ebob here that might actually suit you?

They are £18 for 16 models, they're fully poseable, and ebob do overseas shipping too.

Offline Lawful Evil

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2017, 03:40:06 PM »
Thanks for the replies, guys.
I was going to wait for the Warlord rerelease, but those ebob skellies might be just the ticket, poseable and affordable. I vetoed metal because it's more difficult to work with and tends to be locked into one pose, but these guys avoid those pitfalls.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2017, 03:56:00 PM »
There is a chance that those new Nolzur's D&D minis might do skeletons sometime.  May be worth a look if the material is better than Bones, etc.
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline P_Clapham

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2017, 07:47:42 PM »
Reaper Bones have three models that might work. You would need to trim away their weapons though.

"When in doubt, have a man come through a door with a gun in his hand.— Raymond Chandler