Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:42:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691095
  • Total Topics: 118371
  • Online Today: 860
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Song of Blades and Heroes ongoing action (was: Curse of the Vampire Queen)  (Read 7211 times)

Offline jet

• Mad Scientist
    • Geektactica
Not all characters will neccessarily activate in your turn and when your opponent fails 2 (or acivates everyone, whichever happens first) the play passes back to you but you can try and activate anyone, doesn't need to be the characters who didn't go in your last activation or anything.

I think I've been misunderstanding the activation.  I need to clarify...

So, if I activate 3 of my eight models, and then play passes because I got two failures on the third, then my opponent activates hald of his models, and fails two rolls so play passes back to me... what happens now:

a. I pick up where I left off and start activating one of the five remaining models in my warband
b. It's a new turn, and I start activating any one of my eight models, and keep going until I fail.

If the answer is B, I've been playing the game wrong up until now,

J

Offline Rich J

• Scientist
    • My Blog
It is a completely new turn as far as you are concerned and you can 'activate' any figure.

SO B

It is a subtle mechanism which gives the game great 'ebb and flow' ... also increases the tactical choices ... do you play it safe and only roll 1 die, risk a bit with 2 or go for it with 3. Leader's in SOBH are very important as they make a characters Quality better.

The rules have taken our club by storm seeing people drag out all sorts of figures to make bands up with. I have done a Samurai supplement that can be found in the yahoo group.

Their horror set is soon to be out which we have been playtesting and is great fun .. after that it is a modern post 1900 skirmish set which we have been using for gang wars and modern war stuff.

Rich J
Rich J

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
Nice system. I will probably use it for some encounters of my own  :)

Just had a look - I'm working on the same principle for different settings, making tables based on the minis I already have painted - then altering the tables as I get some new suitable encounter-minis done.

I think it adds a nice touch when the players can never know, exactly what they'll find when examinating a marker  :)
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
I've created 2 warbands out of old GW minis.

There are no profile for, for instance, Dwarf Warriors with sword, shield, and chainmail.

Anyone knows where to find points costs for armour and weaponry?

Offline Rich J

• Scientist
    • My Blog
There are dwarf warriors in the other supplements as well ... join the yahoo group and there is an on line points calculator in the files where you can custom build.

Offline jet

• Mad Scientist
    • Geektactica
Anyone knows where to find points costs for armour and weaponry?

I'm under the impression that such distinctions don't come into play here.  I think a dwarf warrior with 3+ Quality and Combat 4 could be depicted with a sword / shield / axe / mace / pole-arm / armour of some type. 

Someone who knows that they are talking about will be along shortly to correct me  :D

Offline Rich J

• Scientist
    • My Blog
Yep you are right :-)
A human with sword and shield is Q3 C2 - other things factor in to alter the combat value - heavy armour such as full plate or very thick skin etc has the 'heavy armour' ability.

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
Yeah, OK - it was just that the Dwarf Commander (as well as other personalites) are listed as having a certain kind of armour - so I had the impression that it was probably worked into their profile/cost.