Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:55:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689825
  • Total Topics: 118300
  • Online Today: 798
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: [15mm] Ockman's Sci-fi, update 240203: Why 15mm gaming is best  (Read 143149 times)

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
Re: [15mm] Ockman's Sci-fi, update 210930: The Straylight Novas
« Reply #915 on: October 01, 2021, 06:13:33 PM »

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
Re: [15mm] Ockman's Sci-fi, update 211002: Thunderboy Dez Bargo
« Reply #916 on: October 02, 2021, 07:48:00 PM »
Dez Bargo by Oscar Falk, on Flickr

Dez Bargo in big trouble by Oscar Falk, on Flickr

Compared to many others, the human race is extremely adaptable. Even before leaving their home planet for the stars, mankind had inhabited the most hostile environments that Terra had to offer. From the frozen tundras to the scorching deserts, man had found ways to survive, even in pre-historic times. This is still true; find a planet with a hostile environment, and as long as you have something worth to mine, hunt, grow, extract or refine, you can be almost certain to find humans there.

Unlike many other species, humans seldom become content, even if their needs are fully satisfied. On the peaceful high-tech colony Segundo II, work is seen as mostly optional, every citizen is given an unconditional basic income, free healthcare and free education. Even so, gangs of razorgirls and thunderboys plague the inner cities; heavily armed and cybernetically enhanced young adults fighting for glory.

Thunderboy Dez Bargo has certainly enjoyed Segundo II's free healthcare. He's had several internal organs transplanted after getting stabbed and shot by rivals. After losing his eye in an especially mean razor fight, he has replaced it with a Cybertronix Mimir IV, making him even more lethal on the battlefield. Bargo and his gang was hired by Captain Biro to act as muscle on a particularly daring raid on a NeoDyne Security installation. The mission was nominally a success, although the cost was exceptionally high; everyone from the gang, except Bargo, was wiped out. Afterwards, when Captain Biro offered Bargo a spot on his crew, Bargo didn't hesitate for a second. Sure, the plan had failed when their inside man had betrayed them, but it had been an exceptional, ambitious, beautiful plan. There would be much opportunity for glory if Bargo stayed with the Straylight Novas...

Dez Bargo sniping by Oscar Falk, on Flickr

Dez Bargo against all odds by Oscar Falk, on Flickr

Dez Bargo's tactical withdrawal by Oscar Falk, on Flickr

Thunderboy Dez Bargo by Oscar Falk, on Flickr

Offline LouieN

• Mastermind
  • "Aure entuluva!"
« Reply #917 on: October 03, 2021, 06:22:41 AM »
great figures and background. 

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
« Reply #918 on: October 03, 2021, 06:45:06 PM »
Great Story and Figures as well!
Just remember "If the Enemy is in range, so are YOU!

http://silo1313.blogspot.com/

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
« Reply #919 on: October 03, 2021, 09:41:13 PM »
great figures and background.

Thank you, Louie!

Great Story and Figures as well!

Thanks, Doug!

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
    • 3d designs can be found at Thingiverse
« Reply #920 on: October 04, 2021, 06:37:40 PM »
Good to see the terrain out of storage!

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
« Reply #921 on: October 04, 2021, 10:04:39 PM »
As an hommage to a Swedish graffiti artist, I drew the happy crow on the first picture in my last post. I shared it with him, and he got really happy, saying that it "made his day". He shared it on his Instagram account, where it has about 700 likes!

Good to see the terrain out of storage!

Thanks, Andrew! We had to do something fun when my son suffered from Tonsillitis!

Playing with the kid by Oscar Falk, on Flickr

Having a game by Oscar Falk, on Flickr

Looking for Bingo by Oscar Falk, on Flickr

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
« Reply #922 on: October 05, 2021, 01:53:40 AM »
Your little people are being attacked by a large striped giant! Oh the Horror!!!  lol He looks like he is having some really great fun with Dad! "Two Thumbs Up" Oscar!

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
« Reply #923 on: October 05, 2021, 02:09:08 PM »
I wish getting sick as a kid ever looked that much fun! That is a good life for sure!

Awesome that the Happy Crow tribute made it to the big times! lol

Offline Cacique Caribe

• Mastermind
  • Gelatinous Legal Alien
« Reply #924 on: November 07, 2021, 05:41:25 AM »
Ockman

That Vorpal Dink character looks awesome!

Dan

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
« Reply #925 on: October 10, 2022, 02:04:44 PM »
Kati Zut and Alpha Company by Oscar Falk, on Flickr

In a hostile galaxy, military presence is fundamental for keeping planetary peace. While the United Government keeps massive military garrisons on the Core Worlds and dispatches the United Navy's Task Forces to conflict hotspots, most worlds on the galactic fringe have to rely on whatever militia they can muster.

While some worlds have specialized militia, like the Arctic Foxes on Kitok Tertius, or the Jungle Stalkers on Talet II, most militias use the standard equipment provided by the United Government. While looking alike (colours might vary), militia from different worlds might have a huge difference in skill. This has surprised more than a few invaders, raiders, and pirates, who after fighting low-grade militia on backwater worlds, have gotten defeated at the hands of a much more adept adversary.

Located on the galactic fringe far from the major hyperlanes, only charted on the most recent versions of the United Navy Star Map, Golgotha Prime is fairly shielded from invasive forces. Still, United Government keeps minor garrisons close to the largest settlements. Kati Zut leads Alpha Company of the Golgothan 1st, which has recently repelled pirate raiders, hunted local predators, and kept the peace during the Zumi season unrest. Currently, Zut and the Alpha Company have been ordered to clear abandoned facilities in the Pastardiena Mountains from HK-droids, leftovers from previous colonizations, forever patrolling the premises...

Kati Zut by Oscar Falk, on Flickr

Militia by Oscar Falk, on Flickr

Close-up by Oscar Falk, on Flickr

It's been a long year, I have moved once again (and still do not have enough storage space to have my stuff up), but now I'm back (at least for the moment!).

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
Re: [15mm] Ockman's Sci-fi, update 221010: Kati Zut and the Alpha Company
« Reply #926 on: October 10, 2022, 04:46:41 PM »
Good to hear you are doing well, and the new figures look great!

I can empathize with the long year. It has been the same in my world as well. I just keep telling myself none of this lasts forever, so I hope there is an end to your tunnel soon.

Hope your little people are adjusting to the moves. Kids are resilient, but friends and places are more substantial for them. If you lived someplace for two years as a 10-year-old, that is 20% of everything you know. It isn't just two years. We had to remember that with our son when we moved for the military every 4-5 years.   

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
« Reply #927 on: October 10, 2022, 07:57:11 PM »
Good to hear you are doing well, and the new figures look great!

I can empathize with the long year. It has been the same in my world as well. I just keep telling myself none of this lasts forever, so I hope there is an end to your tunnel soon.

Hope your little people are adjusting to the moves. Kids are resilient, but friends and places are more substantial for them. If you lived someplace for two years as a 10-year-old, that is 20% of everything you know. It isn't just two years. We had to remember that with our son when we moved for the military every 4-5 years.

Thanks, Andrew!

The kids are alright, especially since we've only moved 700 meters. He's going to the same school, with the same friends as before. When he was home from school due to illness, we even did the same thing as last year:

Gaming with the kid by Oscar Falk, on Flickr
« Last Edit: October 10, 2022, 08:09:12 PM by Ockman »

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
« Reply #928 on: October 10, 2022, 08:40:43 PM »
Oh, well... 700 meters? That is hardly a move at all. We never moved within a 12-hour drive of our previous location lol

Offline Oldben1

• Mastermind
    • My Terrain Projects
« Reply #929 on: October 11, 2022, 02:33:57 AM »
700 meters can still be hard!  I moved my friend from one apartment block to another.  2nd floor from one building across the parking lot to the third floor of the next one.  The old tube tv almost killed me !

I’m glad you can paint again!  It’s always awesome.