Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:23:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686448
  • Total Topics: 118100
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: [15mm] Ockman's Sci-fi, update 240203: Why 15mm gaming is best  (Read 140656 times)

Offline Skullhamma

• Scientist
    • 15mm through space and time blog
Re: [15mm] Ockman's Sci-fi, update 200507: Overgrown ruins finished!
« Reply #780 on: May 08, 2020, 11:37:52 AM »
Fantastic work, Ock! Simple AND effective!  :-*

Offline blacksoilbill

• Mastermind
« Reply #781 on: May 08, 2020, 12:11:42 PM »
Excellent work! These look really good.

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
    • 3d designs can be found at Thingiverse
« Reply #782 on: May 08, 2020, 01:03:43 PM »
That is nice and compact! I suspect your terrain is stored much more compactly than my own as I feel like I have about half as many 15mm terrain items and twice the storage! lol

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
« Reply #783 on: May 08, 2020, 04:34:02 PM »
Thank You for showing how you made those ruins so easily, I will give it a try right after the projects! I'm currently doing now, I'm going to attempt to finish projects that I have already started.  lol  lol  lol

Doug
Just remember "If the Enemy is in range, so are YOU!

http://silo1313.blogspot.com/

Offline Skullhamma

• Scientist
    • 15mm through space and time blog
« Reply #784 on: May 08, 2020, 06:16:37 PM »
The ONE problem I have with 15mm is that it takes only half the space compared to 28mm stuff, but that it makes me buy a quadruple of what I used to have in bigger scales.  ;D

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
« Reply #785 on: May 08, 2020, 07:22:28 PM »
The ONE problem I have with 15mm is that it takes only half the space compared to 28mm stuff, but that it makes me buy a quadruple of what I used to have in bigger scales.  ;D

Bah, it takes but 1/8 the space of 28mm (half height, depth and width: 1/2³), so quadruple the amount in 15mm is still half of 28mm (in volume)  ;D

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
« Reply #786 on: May 08, 2020, 07:32:35 PM »
Fantastic work, Ock! Simple AND effective!  :-*

Thanks, Skully!

Excellent work! These look really good.

Thanks, mate!

That is nice and compact! I suspect your terrain is stored much more compactly than my own as I feel like I have about half as many 15mm terrain items and twice the storage! lol

Limitations make us more creative!

Thank You for showing how you made those ruins so easily, I will give it a try right after the projects! I'm currently doing now, I'm going to attempt to finish projects that I have already started.  lol  lol  lol

Doug

Finish what you've started, this one is a fast job, though.

I built this set in 90 minutes, painted it in 45 minutes and glued on clump foliage in about an hour.

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
Checking in by Oscar Falk, on Flickr

Civilizations fall. Planets are abandoned. Cataclysmic events - wars, pandemics, natural disasters - can wipe the life off entire worlds. Sometimes, every trace of the former inhabitants is expunged. More often, remnants are left behind: Empty cities, entirely devoid of life; overgrown ruins, reclaimed by nature; automated, derelict facilities, still functioning after countless millennia.

Where there is ruin, there is hope for treasure. One extinct civilization's trash can be someone else's treasure. Some finds are just intriguing trinkets - perhaps beautiful, interesting, cool looking or intimidating - but ultimately useless. Other finds may be useful, but have originally served other purposes. A stasis unit, designed to preserve local fruit, can be sold as a capture pod by the thrifty treasure hunter. Ancient weaponry, defensive equipment and gadgets are always in great demand, but most sought after are the relics, powerful objects like arcane blades that cut through any armour, psionic amplifiers that enhances latent powers, and viewfinders with multiscanners and integrated AIs that highlights points of interest.

Golgotha Prime has a certain allure to tech archaeologists, adventurers and treasure hunters. It harbours ruins from an ancient, extinct civilization, ruins which are mostly untouched due to Golgotha Prime's fairly recent colonization. Lately, a mysterious stranger has been seen skulking around the old ruins close to the capital. He's been seen procuring maps from information brokers, exchanging leads with adventurers, and offloading large amounts of ancient (and broken) technology. He appears out of nowhere and can vanish without a trace. No-one knows for whom he is working or what he is searching for, but whispers carry his name: Guhn-Deen...

Mysterious stranger by Oscar Falk, on Flickr

Offline fluffy05

• Scientist
    • One Painters Crusade
Nice brushwork!

Stunning mini  :-*

Is it from Rebel Minis?
'The German today is like the June Bride; he knows he is going to get it, but he doesn't know how big it is going to be.' - Gen. Richard "Windy" Gale, 6th Airborne Division Commander

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
Nice brushwork!

Stunning mini  :-*

Is it from Rebel Minis?

Thanks, mate!

It's from Ground Zero Games, Islamic Federation, Command and comms pack (in shemagh).

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
    • 3d designs can be found at Thingiverse
Great backstory. Unusual alien tech from a race that no longer exists is always a tasty prize!

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
Great backstory. Unusual alien tech from a race that no longer exists is always a tasty prize!

Thanks, friend!

Offline Cacique Caribe

• Mastermind
  • Gelatinous Legal Alien
Wow!  Very nice.

This reminds me I have loads of conversions and head swaps to do, to make my figures more desert-appropriate.

Dan

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
Nice Back Story! Plus The Handsome Mysterious Stranger, Oh swoon  lol lol lol Great paint work and figure.

Offline fluffy05

• Scientist
    • One Painters Crusade
Thanks, mate!

It's from Ground Zero Games, Islamic Federation, Command and comms pack (in shemagh).

Many thanks!

That’s fantastic I’ll look at them next time I’m putting an order with GZG  :D