Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2020, 05:37:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: [15mm] Ockman's Sci-fi, update 200522: Guhn-Deen explores some ruins  (Read 57893 times)

Online Ockman

• Mastermind
Wow!  Very nice.

This reminds me I have loads of conversions and head swaps to do, to make my figures more desert-appropriate.

Dan

Thanks! Desert settings are cool... eh, hot?

Nice Back Story! Plus The Handsome Mysterious Stranger, Oh swoon  lol lol lol Great paint work and figure.

Thanks, Doug!

It's an homage to my brother, I think he'd like to be that handsome, mysterious stranger. Haven't seen him in a long while, due to the state of the world...

Many thanks!

Thatís fantastic Iíll look at them next time Iím putting an order with GZG  :D

No problem!

Online Ockman

• Mastermind
Re: [15mm] Ockman's Sci-fi, update 200522: Guhn-Deen explores some ruins
« Reply #796 on: May 22, 2020, 06:12:52 PM »
Jungle ruins by Oscar Falk, on Flickr

The Crustaceans living close to Blackstair's Bluff had been nice enough to give him a drawn map, since Global Positioning Systems were unreliable in these parts. He had spread the word that he was interested in information about ruins to explore. The Crustaceans were constantly scouting the jungles around their dwellings and had already supplied Guhn-Deen with a couple of maps leading to ancient ruins. Those expeditions hadn't yielded any astonishing results, but he had higher hopes for this one. The Crustaceans had told him that these ruins differed from the others. They had told him that these ruins were dangerous. Haunted.

Exploring the ruins by Oscar Falk, on Flickr

Guhn-Deen spoke into his PDA:
"D-N, I'm near the site marked on the map. Positioning data is unavailable at the moment, but the scanners are picking up some kind of energy signatures just up ahead. I'm going in."
As he entered the clearing, a realization came over him. These ruins did differ from the others he'd seen. They weren't supposed to be here.

As Guhn-Deen went over the crumbled buildings with his scanner, data came trickling in. "D-N, there's a lot of interference here, but these buildings are definitely of United Government design. It's not making any sense... If my scans are correct, these buildings were destroyed several centuries before this system was officially discovered, back during the Age of Isolation... D-N, this doesn't add up!"

What? A patrol? by Oscar Falk, on Flickr

Something was suddenly off. The sounds of the jungle had petered out, and in the silence, Guhn-Deen could hear a new sound: The whirring of ancient servos. As he threw himself into the cover of a ruined building, he caught a glance of the units producing that whirr. Dull metal bipeds stalked the ruins, recognizable to anyone who had travelled through United Government space: HK-series droids.

Ancient HK-series droids patrolling by Oscar Falk, on Flickr

These robots were old and worn, they moved stiffly and their sensor packages must have lost most of their functionality, since the droids continued patrolling past Guhn-Deen's hiding place. He waited until they had passed, then bolted to another ruin, where he could survey the droids' patrolling route from the second story. Soon, he had identified a pattern and could escape unharmed into the jungle...

Finding higher ground by Oscar Falk, on Flickr

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #797 on: May 22, 2020, 06:29:44 PM »
Nice little story. The ruins look right at home!

Online Ockman

• Mastermind
« Reply #798 on: May 23, 2020, 03:26:19 PM »
Nice little story. The ruins look right at home!

Thanks, mate!