Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:05:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690909
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 907
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: GZG 15mm Stargrunt Crusties / District 9 Aliens painted up (mecha added 4/23)  (Read 2306 times)

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
And last but not least, the mecha, along with a pilot lugging a repair kit from the civilian pack:

Very large model for 15mm, and a fine choice as a hulking 28mm scale warbot.

Comes in nine piece IIRC, although assembly is pretty simple.

The arms and shoulder joints have ball sockets and can be positioned lots of ways.

Only bit I worry about is the missile pods, which don't really socket in as deeply as I'd like. 

The model is pretty heavy (even more so when stuck on a washer base as it is here) and I prefer sturdy joins for protruding parts.

Still, it looks cool, and it's great at scale jumping which is always nice.  Might even work as a not-Titan in 6mm games.

There's a pose variant mecha with the legs in a different stance, but other than that this thread now has every Crusty model in the range painted up.

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
Impressive
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com
Nice model but those huge missile pods on tiny mounts on shoulder pads is throwing me off. Is there an alternate spot for them?

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
Nice model but those huge missile pods on tiny mounts on shoulder pads is throwing me off. Is there an alternate spot for them?
Have to agree, GZG had one of these build without the shoulder missiles on display at Salute and it looked a lot better that way.
3d designer, sculptor and printer, at your service!

3d files! (here)

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius

Not that I could see.  You could probably build a mounting point out of putty somewhere, maybe replacing the little antenna arrays.  Might even be sturdier that way.  Or you could leave them off completely, which wouldn't hurt the look much.

Note that gigantic missile pods on spindly mounts are kind of a common mecha trope, though.  Zentaedi artillery pods, for ex, or Loud Ninja's Tavshar archons feature ones that are just as odd-looking.

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
Nice mecha.