Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:36:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691078
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 843
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: update 08-09: more Gear Krieg preview pictures...  (Read 25023 times)

Offline Sangennaru

• Galactic Brain
  • The Lazy One
    • The Lazy Forger
Re: update 06-13: more Gear Krieg preview pictures...
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2009, 10:00:20 PM »
LOL, that's HUGE!!! I love your painting job, as always!!!

by the way, I've bought just now a 15mm medieval german army... as you said, 15mm has their pros!

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
Re: update 06-21: more Gear Krieg preview pictures...
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2009, 09:57:09 AM »
Some more preview pics.

T-44-10 Nikolai Lenin - In Service: 1940 - The 47mm cannon of the Lenin was always viewed as a weakness, and the large turret always yearned for a larger weapon. The mammoth 122mm gun was a marvel of engineering, able to pulverize even German heavy tanks. Ammunition was always in short supply, however, and the tank still suffered from poor mobility.

Cavalier Mk II (Infantry Walker Mk VIII B) - In Service: 1940 – The biggest improvement of the Cavalier Mk II was the reinforced frontal armour and the turret mounted MG. Model by DP9

Cavalier Mk III Crocodile: The rare 1942 Crocodile Flamethrower variant was mostly used in the Pacific theatre.

Roundhead Mk II (Infantry Walker Mk XII B) – In Service:1941 - The Roundhead Mk II was virtually identical to the Mk I, the only change was the main armament. Instead of the 1.2 pdr. Gun an American made Flamethrower was mounted in the round turret.  Model by DP9

With the yesterday release of the Chinese book Dave and I can now start the layout work of the Gear Krieg book. More soon hopefully!
cheers and keep on gaming, Agis - https://www.adpublishing.de

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
Re: update 06-28: more Gear Krieg preview pictures...
« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2009, 08:51:50 AM »
Layout is in full swing now. Time to show some more preview pics...

15mm DP9 Ostfront German Zombietrupp

Cavalier Mk III (Infantry Walker Mk VIII C ) - In Service: 1941 – The C variant of the Cavalier was a much needed improvement over the previous models. Refinements by Vickers from the Christie walker suspension followed a natural progression as industrial production was smoothed out and technical refinements came to fruition. It enabled the Cavalier Mk III to be air deployed.
A light cannon based on a necked-down AA shell was mounted in the turret of the B variant. For close range attacks the C was armed with the better M40 explosive charges that were also seen on the Roundhead walker. A better radio set with more extensive range was also added. Model by DP9

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
Re: update 07-10: more Gear Krieg preview pictures...
« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2009, 07:31:39 PM »
Dave and I are on it! Gear Krieg is soon ready, I have just uploaded 120 MB of pictures to Dave, the layout is in full swing.

Check out the Cover preview and a sample page to get a feel of the book.

The pages are following the same layout pattern that was also used in the Chinese Army Compendium, you get the unit entry and also all the possible weapon stats for the unit, so no more flipping around in the book just to check which weapon is to your liking.

The good old Armoury lists will be featured in addition to the above; so no loss at all. You can also expect the usual high quality unit cards that most of us are so fond of! So stay tuned...

Offline WorldAtArms

• Assistant
    • World At Arms
« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2009, 02:44:27 AM »
Sweet, Agis I am very interested in Gear Krieg since visiting your site
www.worldatarms.net Come check it out!

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2009, 04:45:47 AM »

Good to know!  :)
Gear Krieg was the first of the weird war settings and in my opinion is still the best setting.
The Gear Krieg walker designs look believable and carry a lot of the visual appeal of the ar-moured fighting vehicles of the WW II era. Just look at the Walküre and compare this walker design with a SdKfz 251, or the Uller compared to a Tiger tank. You can see that a lot of thought was put into these designs. These are not some Manga Mechs with German crosses over the hull, these are well researched and designed vehicles that really fit into WW II.

Offline WorldAtArms

• Assistant
    • World At Arms
« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2009, 11:28:49 PM »
I do see the believable part. They are very nice and have alot of similiar disigns to the AFVs. They are well thought out and very nicely painted I might add. :o :D

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2009, 09:58:13 AM »

Good to know!  :)
Gear Krieg was the first of the weird war settings and in my opinion is still the best setting.
The Gear Krieg walker designs look believable and carry a lot of the visual appeal of the ar-moured fighting vehicles of the WW II era. Just look at the Walküre and compare this walker design with a SdKfz 251, or the Uller compared to a Tiger tank. You can see that a lot of thought was put into these designs. These are not some Manga Mechs with German crosses over the hull, these are well researched and designed vehicles that really fit into WW II.

Couldn't agree more, which I why I continue to sob and cry like a baby re: scale. I just can't afford to start 20mm gaming when I have so much WWW 28mm.

Damn you Gear Krieg!!  lol
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2009, 10:38:57 AM »
Couldn't agree more, which I why I continue to sob and cry like a baby re: scale. I just can't afford to start 20mm gaming when I have so much WWW 28mm.

The good thing is that switching to 15mm is cheaper then switching from 15mm to 20 or 28mm!
 ;)

Offline Sangennaru

• Galactic Brain
  • The Lazy One
    • The Lazy Forger
« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2009, 10:25:55 PM »

The good thing is that switching to 15mm is cheaper then switching from 15mm to 20 or 28mm!
 ;)

that's wise... you can buy a 15mm army just with the money you found left in your pocket every day!

Offline TMG91

• Student
« Reply #55 on: July 15, 2009, 04:10:27 AM »
Thanks for the info. I am really interested in this, When will the book be ready?

Offline Bako

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Loopy as a clock-work orange.
    • Hitting Dirtside
« Reply #56 on: July 15, 2009, 04:23:06 AM »
that's wise... you can buy a 15mm army just with the money you found left in your pocket every day!

And that is why I'm being dragged ever closer to taking the plunge.
Everything is better with lizardmen.

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #57 on: July 15, 2009, 06:32:32 AM »
Thanks for the info. I am really interested in this, When will the book be ready?

More info can be found here: http://www.agisn.de/html/a_d__publishing.html
Since we are already in the middle of the layout I expect a release in maybe July, but definately in August! :)

Offline TMG91

• Student
« Reply #58 on: July 16, 2009, 04:57:27 AM »
Very cool. Thanks for the info! I look forward to it.

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
Re: update 07-19: more Gear Krieg preview pictures...
« Reply #59 on: July 19, 2009, 12:52:57 PM »
More or less the last preview picture before the book release:

US Aerial Infantry Squad – Aerial Infantry Squads were made possible by the engineering genius of Sikorsky. The backpack-style M2 PPS made it possible for individual soldiers to nimbly move about. Only the best and the bravest strapped on these spinning blades and took the fight to the enemy. (15mm Infantry of DP9s Gear Krieg range, bases by King & Kerr)