Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 07:28:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: North Star will release a plastic Dwarfs box, Elves and Goblins to come.  (Read 11765 times)

Offline Gallahad

• Scientist
I just measured the most upright of the dwarf bodies against an upright GBP Saxon thegn (both on the sprue, no time to build anything yet today...) and the dwarf is certainly shorter, but only by 2mm or so; but the different head and neck arrangement would increase this a little, maybe by another mm and a bit.

Thanks, this is what I feared. They look so nice, but just not scaled well. Maybe they will look more dwarfish next to the increasingly large GW humans. I can't wait to see the goblins and elves, especially the elves. I've been waiting for years to get a nice basic elf infantry plastic kit. The GW and Mantic offerings are.... hard to speak positively about.

Offline JamesValentine

• Mad Scientist
I had the exact same thought!
it was my thought first. you copy. I kill you...nah I'm kidding...I just take your legs

Offline Bodvoc

• Librarian
    • The War Crow
To me the dwarves in the photo comparison look pretty much in scale and dressed/equipped as I would hope. I will certainly be getting some of these and will hope and pray and beg for some metal character types to lead them? Really looking forward to seeing some proper elves.
'If I throw a 6 I will do my happy dance.

Offline MattW

• Librarian
Wow. This was unexpected!

Can't wait to see the elves especially- like Gallahad said above, the current options are pretty underwhelming. I think that not producing at least a couple of characters in metal/resin would be a bit of a mistake, so it's good to hear that they're being discussed.

Any chance of some WIPs of the elves? Even some concept art?  :D

Offline M.O.T.N

• Librarian
    • Edinburgh Miniature Company
Can't wait for these! Combined with the existing north star plastics, fireforge, gripping beast... that's a whole lot of possibilities!