Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:10:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691079
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 843
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: SLA Industries Project  (Read 9134 times)

Offline elysium64

• Potatoe Cup Holder 2010
  • Mastermind
SLA Industries Project
« on: May 23, 2009, 07:13:48 PM »
I have always thought that the SLA universe would make an excellent miniatures game, I am currently writing rules taking elements from some of my favourite miniatures games, I will be using card based activation combining ideas from Foundry's Street Violence rules and the forthcoming Brigade Games Atomic Cafe 57 rules.
I have started on the first of my figures, I will post updates as they are being done.
Halloween Jack

I have used an Infinity Yu-Jing Ninja with the weapons replaced by a converted Hasslefree power axe and pistol, the head was filed down and then sculpted with green stuff.
The next stage is to sculpt the jacket on to the body then painting followed by assembly and sculpting of shoulder pads.
Drug Nun

Based on the Infinity Nomad Zoe, bag replaced with walking cane and hat and loin cloth sculpted. The next stage is to detail the hat and add decoration to the loin cloth, I may add a jacket as per book illustration, don't know yet?
Brain Waster

This figure is the Privateer Press Iron Kindoms Draegyn, the Black Bastard, no alterations this guy is made to be a Brain Waster
The Bride

Named in deference to a certain Tarantino character, this is an Urban War Syntha bio-synth with added weapons.
Group Picture

As you can see they are all comparative in size. The figure in the background came with the Zoe figure, I will paint him in a rusty affect to accompany the spooky goth girlie I have on order from Hasslefree miniatures (Alyx)
Really enjoying this project as I can choose some of my favourite figures, hope you all like.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 10:35:53 PM by elysium64 »

Offline Bungle

• Scientist
Re: SLA Industries Project
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2009, 09:29:02 PM »
Sleti.... could make good ebon
Looking forward to seeing how you do this.

Offline Earther

• Mastermind
  • Sat at my Mac, lusting after lead…
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2009, 10:50:14 PM »
Top project! :D

Be very interesting to see your take on the Stormers and Shivers!

Offline elysium64

• Potatoe Cup Holder 2010
  • Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2009, 11:19:05 PM »
Top project! :D

Be very interesting to see your take on the Stormers and Shivers!

Planning to convert these to Stormers, all they need is different weapons and some sculpted hair

As for Shivers, no definite plans yet but thought about using some of the Infinity Pan Oceania troops, unless anyone has any better suggestions.
Sleti.... could make good ebon
Looking forward to seeing how you do this.
Forgot about this figure but with his organic weapon may use him as a Necanthrope, thanks for the pointer.

Offline Verderer

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2009, 01:09:05 AM »
Yeah, finding some minis suitable as Shivers is on my top list too. I think Antenociti is going to produce some scifi troopers that might fit the bill?

I have used a Kryomek xeno and some 40k dark eldar as Necantropes. Got lots of stuff reserved for SLA, but I can't get painting them just yet.

Some other problematic figs to find are Shaktar and that other alien race whos name I can't recall right now.

I am going to use bodies from 40k Kroots and stick some Termagaunt heads on them, model some hockey sticks in their hands, and call them Carrien!

Oh, and nice job on those conversions! Top hats are so right for some SLA figs! lol

Offline Faust23

• Mastermind
  • Father of Sorrows
    • Strategic Elite: Skirmish Wargames for the Discerning Strategist
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2009, 05:22:23 AM »
SLA - Symbionese Liberation Army? 
Author of the Origins Award 2013 Nominated Brink of Battle: Skirmish Gaming through the Ages; Epic Heroes: Skirmish Gaming in the Realms of Fantasy; and Scrappers: Post-Apocalyptic Skirmish Wargames published by Osprey Games

Offline Isamu

• Bookworm
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2009, 07:08:00 AM »
I have always thought that the SLA universe would make an excellent miniatures game, I am currently writing rules taking elements from some of my favourite miniatures games, I will be using card based activation combining ideas from Foundry's Street Violence rules and the forthcoming Brigade Games Atomic Cafe 57 rules.

Parton me, the figures are quite interessting, could you give a quick abstract about SLA---

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2009, 08:50:59 AM »

Cannot be - I don´t see any heiress in their ranks. I´d assume in our days, it would be Paris Hilton instead of Patty Hearst?

Then again, "Drug Nun" would be quite the matching descriptor for Miss Hilton.

Offline Verderer

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2009, 11:08:28 AM »
To put it shortly, SLA is something like an urban scifi/horror RPG.

Offline Faust23

• Mastermind
  • Father of Sorrows
    • Strategic Elite: Skirmish Wargames for the Discerning Strategist
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2009, 03:44:17 AM »
Thanks Verderer. I knew a simple answer was in there somewhere...

Offline marko.oja

• Scientist
    • My Photobucket
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2009, 07:14:35 AM »
GW Tau for Tresher? I think I would leave the mecha-guys out altogether, the don't really fit in anyway. I would use Kroot for Carriens without any real modifications - unless you can come up with zombified elk heads in a suitable size.

Another thing you are going to need are shivers, as you said - would SST Light armoured infantry be totally out of place? I think they used to make one with a camera, which would be really useful in order to capture the feel of the game. Gangers are the easy bit, as you can really use anything.

Didn't Halloween Jack use a scythe?

Marko
Currently painting: Black Hat Three Musketeers range.

Offline Verderer

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2009, 09:22:32 AM »
I thought to use some AT43 UNA stuff for Tresher. As you said Marko, spoiled for choice as far as gangers are concerned. The same goes for player character operatives (SLOPS), serial killers and contract killers. I got some good stuff from Infinity, EM4 (old grenadier?), Pig Iron, GW Necromunda, old Warzone, Comfy Chair (really scary and weird stuff), Copplestone, Reaper (!) Foundry, and Ramshackle Games, to name a few. And of course, loads of room for conversions like elysium has done. You can really go to town with this one!

Oh, and Comfy Chair makes perfect feral Pigs! And manchines I'd do by converting GW necrons and/or Em4 'not terminators'.

These are the Antenociti minis I was referring to, they might work as Shivers with a little converting?

« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 09:30:16 AM by Verderer »

Offline marko.oja

• Scientist
    • My Photobucket
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2009, 11:09:45 AM »
Oh, and Comfy Chair makes perfect feral Pigs! And manchines I'd do by converting GW necrons and/or Em4 'not terminators'.

These are the Antenociti minis I was referring to, they might work as Shivers with a little converting?

Ramshackle Dungers would work too, maybe a separate breed or something? In any case, an order to Ramshackle would be a good choice, they make loads of useful stuff and have excellent service. Necrons would make excellent manchines (especially the close combat-versions they make in metal no-one ever uses).

I couldn't find those minis on the Antenociti website, but I do think they might work - just got to make sure that "body blocker" doesn't look too efficient.

I was thinking of a similar project a few years ago but never got around to actually doing anything. SLA is just easily my favourite setting, I have the "Truth"-file and everything from way back...

Marko

Offline Verderer

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2009, 02:11:57 PM »
Oh, the Antenociti figs aren't available yet, these are just WIP pics from their blog. Hopefully they will be out soon, though?