Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:53:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Good passenger/crew models for 28mm/1/56 german halftracks?  (Read 1343 times)

Offline Ballardian

• Mastermind
  • Too old to stop now
Good passenger/crew models for 28mm/1/56 german halftracks?
« on: April 15, 2017, 05:56:41 PM »
 I'm hoping that someone has any advice on finding decent 251/250 passengers - those that come with the WG 251 are a tad small compared with (pretty much any) other 28mm miniatures (& yes, I'm guilty of being lazy in not converting some from the available plastics).
 WG do offer two pewter sets, one for early war (& specifically marketed as 251 passengers) & a mid-late war set (which they depict in their open topped Horch). It's the latter I'm more interested in, but has anyone tried them in a 251/250 (I was wondering if they'd fit)?
 I know both Heer46 & Rubicon have a few crew figures (though the latter are not yet released), but they're small ranges of figures which would lead to a lot of duplication.

Offline Jericho

• Librarian
    • Plastic Warfare Blog
Re: Good passenger/crew models for 28mm/1/56 german halftracks?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2017, 07:21:46 PM »
Not really an answer to your question, but Perry's also have a seated German Section for an Opel Blitz.
Maybe they could be useful too?

Perry's GWW15 link
De hem weert, ic salt hem lonen.

Plastic Warfare Blog

Offline vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2017, 12:45:43 AM »
I have some seated Victory Force and they are bigger than the norm. Could be what you are looking for.
edit:
 just had another look but hard to do a link as they are spread over the site. There are some in the German infantry "Packs"  (kubel drivers and passengers, choice of headgear) and some different (large) ones in the "single figures" section and a single casting of 4 sitting together in the "extra bits" section. with the different headgear options easily enough to do 2 half tracks
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 12:59:55 AM by vodkafan »
I am going to build a wargames army, a big beautiful wargames army, and Mexico is going to pay for it.

2019 Painting Challenge :
figures bought: 500+
figures painted: 57
9 vehicles painted
4 terrain pieces scratchbuilt

Offline Truscott Trotter

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2017, 03:53:13 AM »
Black tree have some seated ones that are bigger than Perry/Warlord.
Warlord also have some SS jumping out of the halftrack but I do not know their size

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2017, 07:02:25 AM »
Although you have a WG Sdkfz 251, the Blitzkrieg 251 fits the Perry Miniatures DAK seated passengers. I just checked with mine. I'm sure they would fit the WG Sdkfz 251. Anyhoo, I'm positive that someone who has both could answer your query alot better.

Best wishes,
Helen
Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well (V van Gogh)

Offline aphillathehun

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2017, 12:15:06 PM »

Offline Ballardian

• Mastermind
  • Too old to stop now
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2017, 12:22:34 PM »
Many thanks all who reminded me about the Perry figures,(Helen & Jericho) I'd forgotten about them - I'm assuming they're the standard Perry size (that is, smaller than WG 'heroic') & so should fit the WG & Rubicon 251s without, like the WG/Italeri plastic ones that come with their 251, looking like children compared to the standard figures. Thanks TT, Vodkafan & aphillathehun  , I'll check out the BTD, victory force & JTFM ones too.
 Has anyone used the mid/late war pewter ones from WG? (pic below) they're not bad, but the problem with 251 kits in 1/56 is that there's generally only room for a few of the models to have feet (oddly, though the Rubicon offering is very slightly smaller than the WG, it's cab has more room in it).

« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 01:25:44 PM by Ballardian »

Offline Chico

• Mastermind
  • I came, I saw and I ate your pie.
    • Oldhammer on a Budget
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2017, 04:59:51 PM »
I have the Westwind Berlin of Bust ones (Somewhere(, while a tad bigger than the WG plastic passengers they do lack feet.

Offline Ballardian

• Mastermind
  • Too old to stop now
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2017, 07:22:34 PM »
Cheers Chico, I'll add them to the list of minis to be checked out (though have to admit that at the moment the Perry jobs look like they may be the best bet (I assume they'll be represented at Salute again so may have a chance to look at them before buying another set that don't fit) since they should be a little smaller than the usual herioc size but bigger than those included in the plastic WG 251 - that they're DAK shouldn't matter too much once half hidden in the cab).

Offline vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2017, 08:47:53 PM »
Cheers Chico, I'll add them to the list of minis to be checked out (though have to admit that at the moment the Perry jobs look like they may be the best bet (I assume they'll be represented at Salute again so may have a chance to look at them before buying another set that don't fit) since they should be a little smaller than the usual herioc size but bigger than those included in the plastic WG 251 - that they're DAK shouldn't matter too much once half hidden in the cab).

Hey Ballardian, if you are going to be at Salute I can bring my Victory Force ones for you to look at. I'm sorry I can't let you have them, as I plan to use them myself, but you will be able to hold them in your hand and judge for yourself if that is useful?