Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:25:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Professor Bartowitsch (Prelude)  (Read 5320 times)

Offline Michi

• Galactic Brain
  • Hoist the colours!
    • Tableterror
Professor Bartowitsch (Prelude)
« on: July 22, 2009, 11:57:00 AM »
The 5.30 train to Chicago came to a sudden stop by an accident that had happened at the railroad crossing near Fargo Wells´ farm house.

Many cars and trucks queued up as the traffic was jammed by the wreck of a trailer that had flipped right on the tracks.

Car drivers and train passengers were standing on the road and searched for any injured persons, though there were none.

The accident was faked by ELUTH companions, who wanted to ambush some certain passengers on the train. These were hiding in farmer Wells´ field on the other side of the road. The four Germans were armed with tommyguns and pistols.

There was Dr. Cindy-Anna Bones on the train, who was talking to an agent of the unofficial U.S. intelligence L.O.L., while two other agents were guarding their secret meeting in the second coach. The ELUHT perps did not know exactly where on the train they were and waited under concealment of the plants. Agent Louisiana crossed the platform to the baggage car. He wanted to find out why the train had come to a stop on the open track.
He spotted one of the ELUHT-gunmen on the road and yelled to his boss that there was trouble ahead.

The boss was agent Tennessee, who told the archaeologist to stay in the coach until he would get another transport. The agent left the train and crossed the road towards a rusty truck that ELUHT had parked there.

The armed German jumped onto the back of the truck when agent Tennessee had managed to start the engine and tried to find a gear. Brave agent Louisiana drew his gun and jumped out of the baggage car to take care of the foreigner.

[size=150]
The poor boy got shot down before he was knowing what happened.[/size]

Offline Michi

• Galactic Brain
  • Hoist the colours!
    • Tableterror
Re: Professor Bartowitsch (Prelude)
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 11:57:51 AM »

Farmer Wells supposed that there was something awfully wrong outside and had called the cops meanwhile, who arrived right at this moment from both directions

The road was blocked by many trucks and their drivers running around, so the constable decided to take a shortcut through farmer Wells´ field.

He ploughed through the crops, lost control on the slippery soil and crashed the Ford T into the Peterbilt prime mover...

The second police car stopped by the end of the train where the constables were confronted with the gangleader, who took a poor preacher as hostage and held him in front of himself as a living shield against the cop´s bullets. Those were hesitating to fire.

But so wasn´t the reckless ELUHT evildoer and gunned down the preacher in a rain of lead from his Thompson, when he tried to hit the cops. All passengers inside the train ducked for cover when they heard the hammering of automatic weapons from outside and saw the preacher go down.

All hell broke loose on the road and violence exploded everywhere up and down along the train, when agent Tennessee set the truck in motion and slowly passed by the platform where Cindy-Anna Bones was waiting for him. The daredevil woman jumped onto the bonnet of the passing truck and the agent hit the gas.

Innocent bystanders were hit by bullets from both ELUHT and police. Neither L.O.L. agents nor Dr. Bones shot even a single round.

There was still a constable standing in the middle of the road. The clueless cop did not realise that the truck driver was one of the good guys. He only saw the gorgeous lady on the hood and shot at both. Agent Tennessee tried to avoid killing the policeman by pulling the wheel to the left and crashed into the dead preacher´s two-colourd Ford T Coupé.

The truck came off the road and got stuck in the soft soil. Cindy-Anna Bones jumped off the bonnet, closely followed by the German, who was still on the truck as well. She started to run...

...and gained ground soon.

The foreigner shouted in frustration and waved his guns, but the archaelogist escaped through the fields.

Dr. Cindy-Anna Bones had got the information by L.O.L. that she needed to find Professor Bartowitsch.
She went on to get aboard a zeppelin to Germany as soon as possible.

To be continued...

The papers were full of what had happened at the railroad crossing the next day, though you already know now what´s written there.

Offline Admiral Benbow

• The Queen's Own Gizmologist
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • "Creativity is a drug I cannot live without."
    • The Benbow Workshop
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2009, 01:15:47 PM »
Thanks for a great story, nice miniatures and terrain and very good photography! Now I know what you do besides pirate and cargo ships and old west towns ...  8)
I'm sure there's more to come ...
 ;D

Offline oldskoolrebel

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
    • My Campaigns
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2009, 03:47:58 PM »
Fantastic, nice game!

I love the idea of a ambushed train, tis i pity i didn't think of it  lol.

I love the mix of figures, I recognize some copplestone but what are the rest? Blue moon? I also love the scenery, excellent undergrowth!

Can't wait to see the next installment!

Cheers
Andy

Offline Mosstrooper

• Scientist
  • old enough to know better !
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2009, 04:05:27 PM »
Brilliant ! , who makes the railway engine , very nice!!

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2009, 08:16:29 AM »
Great set up and great story :-*
You have a really good collection of figures, all very well painted. :-*

Offline Michi

• Galactic Brain
  • Hoist the colours!
    • Tableterror
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2009, 08:55:07 AM »

Bachmann Spectrum, 0n30 gauge (H0/00 tracks), 1/48th scale

Offline dodge

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2009, 09:08:28 AM »
wow what a lovely, report great terrain and figures,  :-*

just awesome

lovely smashing great. 8)

dodge

Offline Saya

• Scientist
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2009, 09:01:32 PM »
brilliant story and great pics!!!  :o
thanks for sharing

Offline uti long smile

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2009, 10:56:59 PM »
Wonderful - the long grass is really effective.

Beautiful train - where did you get it?
Something Crooked this way comes...
http://www.crooked-dice.co.uk/
Wargaming in the world of Cult TV

Offline Michi

• Galactic Brain
  • Hoist the colours!
    • Tableterror
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2009, 10:58:57 PM »

Beautiful train - where did you get it?

Ebay...

Bachmann Spectrum, 0n30 gauge (H0/00 tracks), 1/48th scale

Offline Hitman

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2009, 02:17:13 AM »
Great pictures, awesome figures and terrain (I really liked the weathering on the train especially), fun story, and nicely set up for another exciting round of fun. What rule set did you use? Thanks for sharing.
Regards,
Hitman
 8)
Victory is guaranteed to the last man standing, but always remember those whom you stepped on to get there!!

Offline Michi

• Galactic Brain
  • Hoist the colours!
    • Tableterror
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2009, 09:45:21 AM »
What rule set did you use?

Blood & Swach by Buck Surdu.

Offline Doomhippie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2009, 02:43:59 PM »
Inspiring! I love this story. And Cindy-Anna is somebody to think of in the future. I'm sure she'll be back (please? Pretty please?).
Roky Erickson flies my spaceship!

Offline Hitman

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2009, 05:30:13 AM »
Michi;
Are you sure it is called "Blood and Swach"?
Regards,
Hitman
 8)