Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 10:43:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Chapter 5 Episode 3 Denizens in the Deep  (Read 1768 times)

Offline Alfrik

• Mastermind
  • Focus of Mission plus Logistics will carry the day
    • Armored Ink
Chapter 5 Episode 3 Denizens in the Deep
« on: October 10, 2014, 03:30:23 PM »
((preamble, deep sea diving suits pose a risk to the players, if they get a puncture they have to make a simple peril check of one success on their finesse or they are auto Knocked out of action. Also each had to chose what to take down, a hauling hook and a knife...the hook for attaching to a chest to be hauled up or a spear gun only. Also, once under water the players are given dry erase boards and a pen to write/communicate with one another... heh))

On a recovery mission Team Bob is sent off the island a short ways to deep water to recover scattered metal locker boxes from the bottom.

Movement was 3 inches a turn as they slogged along, locating boxes till.... duh duh doooooo

The sharks get closer and closer, then one attacks! then another !  Chip's suit is punctured and .... uh oh, he fails his check and is KOA!! Amanda makes her save as does Iron Kidney Joe! Sharks are speared and knifed till only a few are left ... and they are feeding on all the dead sharks.

Recovery of cases continues until they get to close to a set of ruins....

Iron Kidney Joe is grappled and being pulled into the giant maw of the horror!  He makes his Might check and breaks free, signaling to the ship above to pull him in. The rest of the team decides now is a good time to head up as well!!!  As they start their assent they notice bodies floating down to the depths ... dead bodies of natives and ships crew!!!

Stay Tuned for the next exciting episode!!!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 03:36:46 PM by Alfrik »
http://armoredink.blogspot.com/

Painting Pledge for 2014 Cthulhu Wars and all expansions figures to paint! Arrrgh!

Offline Mrs.Alfrik

• Student
Re: Chapter 5 Episode 3 Denizens in the Deep
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2014, 05:09:08 PM »
Our overhead light was draped by blue painted Saran Wrap for the blue underwater look. Alfrik also ran a under water sound loop (galooop galooop) from You Tube. ((For some reason a lot of going to the little water room was needed)) Me, myself and I made the Octomonster with  glow in the dark snakes (Dollar Store find) and a rubber glove; body was quilt batting, painted, and eyes were hot glue over red painted dots. A brief ssssspray with paint and some dry brush finished it. (We couldn't find a octopus at the last minute. And it was my idea so I made one!)

Also the 'air lines' were dried spaghetti strands. Very dangerous! If they broke...KOA! So we were with Baited Breath every time we moved. Kitties, who liked to add terror by jumping on the game board were banished to a closed door room for this scenario!

*grumble* The Heros recovered a lot of boxes but only 5 turned out to be the Mission Objective. We needed six. When we found out what they contained... there was murder in our hearts for Trader Joe.

It was... Rum.

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2014, 05:10:18 PM »
Sir and Ma'am.

You are a pair of God Damned Geniuses.

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline Wolf Girl

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2014, 07:04:57 PM »
Awesome! So many cool ideas.  :-* :-*

Was this a Pulp Alley scenario?

Mila Phipps, Pulp Girl
mila@pulpalley.com

Offline Mrs.Alfrik

• Student
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2014, 10:08:59 PM »
Yes, part of the on going adventure. We didn't get Volcano made for the Rescue of Lily- she was dragged off by Pigmies in the last Chapter.  Amanda was  captured by a Denison of the Swamp but she was rescued in that evenings gaming.

So this was to 'finish' the original reason we were sent to the Island... besides getting out of the bad press for the Train Robbery and the civilians getting shot.

Next week its the Tug boat being attacked..( we could see it on the other table but as players couldn't do anything about the Peril.) THEN...we get to the Volcano and the Sacrifice of Lily into the Volcano.

The question we are batting about is-  cave in the side of the Volcano? Or up top. And how to construct such?
Stay tuned, friends! The Adventure continues!

Offline Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2014, 02:04:29 PM »
Yet another magic scenario.