Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:55:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: KICKSTARTER 28MM fantasy Historical scenery LAST 11 hours to go - Witches Hovel.  (Read 4411 times)

Offline beren

• Librarian
    • Apocalypse miniatures
We've been busy for some time…. And so, Apocalypse miniatures presents to you the start of a range of inspiring and characterful scenery that, by capturing the essence of classic Fantasy Wargaming, will bring your games and miniatures to life. Our aim is to release these through a Kickstarter project in late spring/early summer 2017.
Inspired by the classic Warhammer Scenario, "Bloodbath at Orcs Drift" and card stock structures of old, Apocalypse Miniatures have been busily drawing up concepts and plans for an entire range of characterful scenery, adorning's and oddments that will enable you to play a wide variety of old and new fantasy and historical scenarios, battles and skirmishes alike.
The concepts themselves have then been handed to the master of scenery sculpting, Tony Harwood (the notorious blogger behind "Dampfpanzerwagon"), each piece has been crafted with love and care - focusing on intricate details and textures to create a history and story within each piece. This attention to detail has made them as characterful as the miniatures in which they will hopefully be blessing your tabletops/gaming tables with.
The final stage for the models is for them be passed on to the highly gifted and talented manufacturers at Hysterical Games. They are now a well known and highly respected group of energetic, enthusiastic and experienced individuals who have worked with a number of businesses in the industry. It is Hysterical Games that will take Tony Harwood's sculpts and professionally cast them in a high quality resin, with no quarter given in the attempt at attaining perfection.
Attached are photos of the first few sculpts and concept sketches. Feel free to contact us for more details and be sure to check out our Facebook page from time to time where we will upload our progress whenever possible!

https://www.facebook.com/apocalypseminiatures/
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 06:57:57 AM by beren »

Offline beren

• Librarian
    • Apocalypse miniatures
Re: OLDHAMMER Kickstarter Scenery Apocalypse minis - Tony Harwood sculpts
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2017, 08:31:04 PM »
We had lots of great feedback from the folks at Salute yesterday and was encouraged by a few to post up the latest painted pieces that we have ready fro the kickstarter.

theres about 3 more pieces to get done and we can start.

Was some great ideas coming from folks about pieces they would like built and even miniatures they would like to see available which we will be working on soon.

More updates to follow soon.

P.S. painted by the very talented Mark Lunn.

Offline Cubs

• Galactic Brain
  • "I simply cannot survive without beauty ..."
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2017, 08:54:31 PM »
I do like the ramshackle, fantasy-flavour of these, without them tipping over into SKULLLZZZZ!! They're just a little past historical realism, in a fun wobbly way, without going too far.
'Sir John ejaculated explosively, sitting up in his chair.' ... 'The Black Gang'.

Paul Cubbin Miniature Painter

Offline majorsmith

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2017, 08:08:19 PM »
Wow these look great!

Offline beren

• Librarian
    • Apocalypse miniatures
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2017, 04:45:05 PM »
I do like the ramshackle, fantasy-flavour of these, without them tipping over into SKULLLZZZZ!! They're just a little past historical realism, in a fun wobbly way, without going too far.

Cubs - that's exactly what we are going for, some quirky parts to keep the painting interesting with some nice characterful sections. Almost as if each piece isn't so generic but has a little bit of life or story to it

Appreciate the feedback. More to follow soon.

Offline majorsmith

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2017, 06:10:35 PM »
When will these be available?

Offline Marine0846

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2017, 07:41:11 PM »
Sweet looking buildings.
Love the look.
Will follow what you guys do.
Semper Fi, Mac

Offline beren

• Librarian
    • Apocalypse miniatures
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2017, 08:37:45 PM »
the last few bits are running late - i reckon we will be ready by end of August / beginning of September for definite.

got to more pieces back from the painter today - they look really cool - all grubby and manky

can anyone recommend some really cool static grass / flowers and tufts.

im going to work on the bases - ad some growing moss - creeping ivy and shrubberies to the bases.

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
I really like the delapidated look of these; very Blanchesque, and they would fit right in with the rest of my fantasy terrain.

One question though; what's the scale? Are they geared towards 25mm or also suitable for the upper range of 28mm?

I suppose that only matters for the doorways, but before throwing cash at them, I'd like to know if the buildings will look like hobbit dwellings next to my plastic WHFB buildings and Tabletop Scenery resins... ;)
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline dampfpanzerwagon

• Scatterbrained Genius
I've sculpted the models to a Heroic 28mm/30mm scale.

Here is an image of the very first resin cast of the Pig Sty. I don't think, I'm speaking out of turn when I say that the Stables were dropped off earlier this week and the Town House is all ready for casting up.

The painted examples look fantastic - Mark has done a great job and is using a very unusual 'wash' or watercolour technique that I think works well with the resin. I think I will have to try this technique out on one of my sculpts soon.

We are all working flat out to get this Kickstarter launch ready for August/September.

Tony
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 08:44:46 AM by dampfpanzerwagon »

Offline beren

• Librarian
    • Apocalypse miniatures
Agreed with Tony here - they arent the same scale as the old card pieces which although were/are really cool are quite compact. These fit perfect with 28/30mm miniature lines.

The bridge and another piece came back yesterday - they both look mint.

Offline Cubs

• Galactic Brain
  • "I simply cannot survive without beauty ..."
Agreed with Tony here - they arent the same scale as the old card pieces which although were/are really cool are quite compact.

Yeah, beloved as they were, the old GW card buildings were good gaming pieces, but not really scaled properly with the old 25mm models. It's akin to the old Airfix La Haye Sainte farmhouse, which although sold with 1:72 models, was probably better scaled to 15mm or smaller.

Offline dampfpanzerwagon

• Scatterbrained Genius
Here is an image of the latest master, which is being delivered to Rob at Hysterical Games tomorrow. Rob is in charge of making the moulds and casting the resin models.

For more details see this post;
http://dampfpanzerwagon.blogspot.co.uk/2017/05/apocalypse-miniatures-resin-farmhouse.html

Tony

Offline majorsmith

• Scatterbrained Genius
Superb! I'm really loving all of these thus far

Offline dampfpanzerwagon

• Scatterbrained Genius
The Farmhouse has been dropped of to Rob at Hysterical Games. Hopefully we should see some details of the Kickstarter soon.

Tony