Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 04:27:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
  • Total Members: 10482
  • Latest: Veroo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1694265
  • Total Topics: 118594
  • Online Today: 665
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: SuperSystem: Rich Yanizeski To Do Cover For Latest Edition  (Read 12653 times)

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
    • http://www.four-colorstudios.com/
SuperSystem: Rich Yanizeski To Do Cover For Latest Edition
« on: December 02, 2013, 01:36:37 PM »
We're still hashing out exactly what form the latest version of SuperSystem will take, but we do know two things:

1.)  It will be available as a proper, print book, as well as in PDF

2.) Industry pro Rich Yanizeski will be doing our cover!

Rich Y has worked for Marvel and a few independent publishers, and is now a commercial artist who still dabbles in drawing superheroes.  He's done a lot of our interior illustrations and character designs over the years, and he recently did our cover for the Blasters & Bulkheads 2nd ed. (still awaiting release).  Rich's dynamic style and excellent sense of color will be perfect for the fight scene I've got in mind for this book's cover.  

Here's Rich's latest work for us on the still to be released B&B 2nd ed.:

I am super-excited to have him on board!

--Scott Pyle
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 02:32:45 PM by fourcolorfigs »
Scott P.
http://scott-pyle.tumblr.com/
http://www.four-colorstudios.com/

======
"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places."

--Ernest Hemingway

Offline grant

• Galactic Brain
Re: SuperSystem: Rich Yanizeski To Do Cover For Latest Edition
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 01:55:17 PM »
That's super! I have the pdf, but would very much like a print edition.
It’s a beautiful thing, the destruction of words - Orwell, 1984

Offline carlosyc

• Bookworm
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 04:38:22 PM »

Supersystem new version?

Only art revision? or rules changing?

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2013, 04:50:00 PM »
From what I understand new art, plus some rules updates and tweaks, If I recall also solo play rules....

Excited to hear a good artist is on board and this round an actual book.
Check out my blogs!

Warhammer 40k, Fantasy and more!: http://armyoftheweek.blogspot.com

Warhammer Historicals: Legends of the High Seas and Old West, Gladiator: http://diceoflegends.blogspot.com/

Strange Aeons: http://strangeraeonsadventures.blogspot.com

Offline leegwonfu

• Librarian
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2013, 07:11:56 PM »
Glad to hear the news! I'm sure that the new cover will be excellent.

Offline carlosyc

• Bookworm
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2013, 07:54:42 PM »
YYYYYYYYeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssss!!! Solo rules!!!!!!!!!  (i hope without mixed characters costs not every character with the same points)

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2013, 08:33:47 PM »
YYYYYYYYeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssss!!! Solo rules!!!!!!!!!  (i hope without mixed characters costs not every character with the same points)

Can you unpack this for me?  I have no idea what you mean. 

SuperSystem is a build system, so you can play and build characters at any points level, and if you want to have a 100 pt. character beat the crap out of 2 85 pt. characters, you can do this.  It is possible.  But let me know if there's a more specific question or comment locked inside your statement.

Now's the time to speak up !  ;)

Offline carlosyc

• Bookworm
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2013, 01:11:38 AM »
Itīs difficult to explain in my poor english

Well, in SS3 is recomended to play characters with similar costs (3 characters of 85 points and 1 character of 100 points, vs similar band)
I suposse that this are the more tested games
Iīm now playing bands of similar costs wich no matter the character costs (i play 300 points with characters of 105, 48, 80 and 67 points vs your band wirh characters of 70,60, 45, 50 and 62 points)

Thatīs not inside the recomendation and not inside the rule of 15, but looks more familiar to the wargamer and itīs more easy to create sheets to famous characters (Yes, i probably could make a 85 points Wolverine or 85 points Storm but the perfects Wolverine&Storm to me are 70 points and 90 points).

I donīt know if itīs equilibrated or you test something similar but at least, iīd like that solo game donīt have the restriction of similar cost in characters or rule of 15

Offline fergal

• Mad Scientist
    • Crossover Miniatures
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2013, 05:17:47 AM »

I donīt know if itīs equilibrated or you test something similar but at least, iīd like that solo game donīt have the restriction of similar cost in characters or rule of 15

I would think that if it is solo, you do what you like.

It's actually quite amazing that SS3 manages to get such an awesome working points system!  Most super hero games can't even come close, and SS3 is amazing at it.

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2013, 09:27:11 AM »
Good news! I am looking forward to a even better version of my favourite "Superhero game system" (aka Supersystem).

;) ;) 8)
cheers and keep on gaming, Agis - https://www.adpublishing.de

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2013, 11:21:51 AM »
Itīs difficult to explain in my poor english

Well, in SS3 is recomended to play characters with similar costs (3 characters of 85 points and 1 character of 100 points, vs similar band)
I suposse that this are the more tested games
Iīm now playing bands of similar costs wich no matter the character costs (i play 300 points with characters of 105, 48, 80 and 67 points vs your band wirh characters of 70,60, 45, 50 and 62 points)

Thatīs not inside the recomendation and not inside the rule of 15, but looks more familiar to the wargamer and itīs more easy to create sheets to famous characters (Yes, i probably could make a 85 points Wolverine or 85 points Storm but the perfects Wolverine&Storm to me are 70 points and 90 points).

Since it's a build system, and you can use any models and background you like, you can build heroes to whatever points level you like.  We chose 85 because we built a bunch of characters while play-testing and 85 seemed like a good, "sweet-spot" number for us.  But that's for us.  I come from an RPG background where I want all characters on a team to contribute equally.  In most supers RPGs, mechanisms exist where you can build Batman and Superman on the same points and they can exist side by side, and both players can have fun with them.

I feel like SuperSystem does this pretty well too.  But you can take your budget of 300 pts. or whatever and spend it how you like on your versions of the characters. That's the beauty of it! We put in the caveat about the 15 pt. difference being significant because that has been our experience in play. 

Now as to the Solosystem appendix, it's going to be around 5,000 words in the back of the book, not a complete, standalone thing, and it will have a few examples of existing character write-ups boiled down into SoloSystem. The idea is you take SuperSystem write-ups and translate them into SoloSystem.  It does not take long once you get the hang of it.

I will also add that things are in flux right now with the SuperSystem rules.  The urge to make real, substantive changes is strong, and my co-writer Dave Lewis and I are looking at everything and considering some significant changes.  It started out as a revised edition to get the book into print, but now, I am not so sure. We'll see where the process takes us. 

Just keeping folks in the loop!

Thanks for all of your interest!

Offline soapy

• Librarian
  • I sculpt therefore I eat.
    • My blog, sometimes work, sometimes play.
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2013, 06:14:17 PM »
I will also add that things are in flux right now with the SuperSystem rules.  The urge to make real, substantive changes is strong, and my co-writer Dave Lewis and I are looking at everything and considering some significant changes.  It started out as a revised edition to get the book into print, but now, I am not so sure. We'll see where the process takes us. 

Just keeping folks in the loop!

Thanks for all of your interest!

Swiss Tony and I sat around last night wishlisting a new edition of supersystem and came up with a few things we'd like to see in a new edition based on having played almost every week for the last two years. Prepare for an unsolicited 'we're sticking our nose in' e-mail sometime this week... :D

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2013, 06:19:50 PM »
Swiss Tony and I sat around last night wishlisting a new edition of supersystem and came up with a few things we'd like to see in a new edition based on having played almost every week for the last two years. Prepare for an unsolicited 'we're sticking our nose in' e-mail sometime this week... :D

Will do, Soapy!  Act fast, I am likely writing even as you read this!

Offline soapy

• Librarian
  • I sculpt therefore I eat.
    • My blog, sometimes work, sometimes play.
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2013, 11:29:31 PM »
Ramblings away!

Offline Lord GreyWolf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2013, 11:49:28 PM »
I'll be keen for a printed SS3 book and bring on the Solo rules. Will watch this very closely.

LGW