Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 12:10:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
  • Total Members: 10482
  • Latest: Veroo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1694367
  • Total Topics: 118601
  • Online Today: 597
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Brecourt Manor-WIP  (Read 16208 times)

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
Re: Brecourt Manor-WIP
« Reply #60 on: August 14, 2013, 07:19:55 AM »
Looks good to me  :-* :-*

How about a little bit of ground foliage around the base of the trees to help disguise the 'stub in' look?

cheers

James
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline Goosegog

• Librarian
    • Blog spot
« Reply #61 on: August 14, 2013, 05:57:30 PM »
Looks good to me  :-* :-*

How about a little bit of ground foliage around the base of the trees to help disguise the 'stub in' look?

cheers

James

Thanks everyone for the comments.

James-I intend to add more foliage along the base of the hedgerows, in an attempt to 'blend' in the hedge to the grass. I'm going to use or consider using, course turf/foliage clumps/tufts/flower tufts. I have added or pulled the rubberised horsehair around the tree bases to hide the bases, but if you can see the base I will have another look at that and see if I can do a better job so they are not so obvious.     

Offline Goosegog

• Librarian
    • Blog spot
« Reply #62 on: August 19, 2013, 04:19:32 PM »
Not too much progress to show, what with it being the school hols and all (got to keep the kids entertained!). But I have done some work in the form of adding further foliage along the edges of the hedgerows.

I've used a mix of Woodland Scenic Coarse Turf, Foliage Clumps and Silflor Tufts and Flower Tufts. I haven't gone mad with these, hopefully just enough to add a bit of interest. I've also added some coarse turf to the boards to break up the fine turf.

Thats all for now.

Regards

Offline Kane

• Scientist
« Reply #63 on: August 19, 2013, 05:34:18 PM »
Oh god. Again, when we playin'? :P
Daaaaaaaaaaaaah !

Offline Goosegog

• Librarian
    • Blog spot
« Reply #64 on: August 20, 2013, 08:20:54 PM »
Oh god. Again, when we playin'? :P

Once I get all the guns and figures painted. :)

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #65 on: August 21, 2013, 08:29:28 AM »
Splendid  :-* :-* :-*

cheers

James

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #66 on: August 21, 2013, 09:03:10 AM »
Looks really great. Well done.
 :)

Offline Goosegog

• Librarian
    • Blog spot
« Reply #67 on: August 24, 2013, 07:05:08 PM »
Jim & Captain. Thank you.

Offline xpalpatinex

• Bookworm
« Reply #68 on: August 25, 2013, 12:55:57 AM »
Great looking board and perfect for skirmish WW2 gaming. Good job blending all the parts together and the foliage and hedgerows look amazing. Can't wait to see pictures of a game on it.

Offline Goosegog

• Librarian
    • Blog spot
« Reply #69 on: August 26, 2013, 09:47:09 PM »
Great looking board and perfect for skirmish WW2 gaming. Good job blending all the parts together and the foliage and hedgerows look amazing. Can't wait to see pictures of a game on it.

Thank you. Still a bit of work to do on the boards to finish off. May add some more foliage to them, to both make the area around the base of the hedgerows look fuller and just for the hell of it really. I must admit inspiration for the foliage was drawn from the 1/35th model making community and in particular the excellent dioramas that they can produce and looking at model railway community forums etc. and how they blend various types of model foliage together. Plus of course real world hedgerows etc., for ideas.   

Offline bluewillow

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Bluewillow- Matthew Williamson
« Reply #70 on: August 27, 2013, 11:53:38 AM »
really supurb work!

cheers
Matt

Offline Goosegog

• Librarian
    • Blog spot
« Reply #71 on: September 01, 2013, 05:29:57 PM »
Thanks everyone for the nice comments.

Been busy recently prepping the figures required to represent the German defenders and last few US Airborne.

These Grenadiers will represent the infantry support which is mentioned or referred to being at Brecourt, plus there will be enough figures to represent the gun crews in armed mode should it be required. The last few US Airborne are in the forefront of the photo. I'm using Artizan for the Germans and Bolt Action for the US Airborne. I do have about a platoon's worth of Artizan US Para's already painted but wanted to use the Bolt Action figures for this project to represent Easy Co. on D-day.

I've mounted the gun crew figures on 1p bases rather than the 2p bases which I usually use. This will make them more identifiable or should be easier to place around the model guns.

This where the project will probably start to slow down (slower than it is already lol). I'm not the quickest of painters so it will be slow and steady. I still have to build the three remaining guns yet.

I have painted up a few figures specifically for this project which I've done in between building the boards. I'll post a few pictures of those soon.   

Offline Goosegog

• Librarian
    • Blog spot
« Reply #72 on: September 04, 2013, 07:56:16 PM »
A couple of pics of painted figures. First off I haven't painted these in the last few days but did paint them in
between building the boards.

These six are meant to represent Lt R Speirs and the small force of reinforcements which arrived to help out Easy Co..

The two .30cal MG teams for Easy Co.. The figures on the right I have painted the M1942 uniform with Green Ochre the other two I have based the uniform colour around US Tan Earth (thanks to Trooper for the suggestion).

I was originally using GW Desert Yellow as the main uniform colour but when GW withdrew the old colour, Vallejo's Green Ochre was quite a good match. I think the US Tan Earth works as a good colour for the tan coloured M1942 uniform. Plus it means I can have variation. 

I also have few more US Airborne completed. I have painted up one the gun crews in the last couple of days so I have not been a complete waster! :D  

Offline Goosegog

• Librarian
    • Blog spot
« Reply #73 on: September 11, 2013, 04:21:25 PM »
So I've been busy painting the Germans for the scenario. Fist up one of the artillery crews. I've messed around with different field grey colours with these. (apologies for the starkness of the photos).

Now the guy on the far right is holding a 'lanyard'(?), can anyone please tell me what is it actually called? I'm fairly confident I know what its for (firing the gun!), but not what its technical name would be or is it made from a synthetic or natural material? I've painted it black simply has a neutral colour. Artillery is not one of my strong points.

Also can anyone tell me the number of crew required to operate a 10.5cm leFH gun. It seems most model kits contain 4 crew and a search on the internet seem to indicate either 5 or 6 crew per gun. I'm probably going to go with 5 crew per gun but if again if anyone with more knowledge on artillery particularly German WW2 artillery can give me a definitive answer I would be grateful?

Four grenadiers, which I'll either use to represent the crew when engaging attackers or as part of the supporting infantry platoon. I've stuck to one colour scheme on these four (pretty much).

Thats it for now more to follow.