Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 02:58:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
  • Total Members: 10482
  • Latest: Veroo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1694372
  • Total Topics: 118602
  • Online Today: 655
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Prof's Horrors (upd.15.05) - The Bedlam Brotherhood  (Read 24296 times)

Offline Chairface

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Somewhere in Carpathia (upd. 07.12, Arrival of the Carpathian Forest)
« Reply #60 on: December 09, 2012, 05:08:20 AM »
Nice trees!

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
Re: Somewhere in Carpathia (upd. 09.12, Teaser - Bruderschaft vs. Vampires)
« Reply #61 on: December 09, 2012, 12:49:07 PM »
Yesterday Westfalia Chris and me played Chaos in Carpathia. Bruderschaft(Chris) vs. Romanian Vampires (me). It was a great fun, though we needed a bit of time for reading the book, looking for special rules and trying not to forget anything :)

Still have to sort out the pics and write down some words about the game. Though don't expect a report a-la-Jet :) I'm not that good in English or storytelling.

Here a little teaser, Bruderschaft is ready for their mission!

Offline Tenz

• Librarian
    • Basement Motive
« Reply #62 on: December 09, 2012, 06:36:04 PM »
WOW!  :o The picture looks incredible!! Can't wait to see more. 

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #63 on: December 09, 2012, 07:35:41 PM »
Great shot, Prof!

It is like a still from a film.
Wonderful composition.
 :-*

Now, where exactly is that battle report?
 ;)

Offline Christian

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • ... standing on the shoulders of giants.
    • INCLTVS REX - Late Antique wargames blog
« Reply #64 on: December 10, 2012, 12:06:25 AM »
This priests are excellent! Where are they from? Westwind, too?

Very nicely done, Alex!  :-*

Offline muncehead

• Librarian
« Reply #65 on: December 10, 2012, 12:15:32 AM »
Lovely stuff. Do I see a nicely painted Pardulon building there?
Have fun storming the castle! ...and that really isn't me you know...

Gothic Project: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=55943.0 - although on pause atm as too much RL stuff getting in the way.

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
« Reply #66 on: December 10, 2012, 07:35:42 AM »
Thank you all!

Now, where exactly is that battle report?
 ;)

not yet posted, pics are aready but still have to write the report :)

This priests are excellent! Where are they from? Westwind, too?

yes, they are.

Lovely stuff. Do I see a nicely painted Pardulon building there?

Yes, exactly, painted by Grimm, as always :)

Offline majorsmith

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #67 on: December 10, 2012, 11:45:56 AM »
Awesome stuff as per usual, the trees are lovely, really help in setting the scene

Offline jet

• Mad Scientist
    • Geektactica
« Reply #68 on: December 10, 2012, 02:13:20 PM »
What a shot! Nothing beats photos of top-notch minis on a top-notch table. Now, enough of this teasing nonsense - Let's see the photos. I'm very curious to see how your Romanians worked on the table against the Brotherhood.

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
Okay :) let's try to write a battle report. Didn't do any since ages, to be honest.

How told already, Westfalia Chris and me played a Chaos in Carpathia game recent weeekend in the deepest basement of the Witchheimer's manor.  It has snowed once again in the South Germany, so we had a perfect weather for gaming.

The gangs were Bruderschaft (Chris) vs. Romanian Vampries (me). Gang size of 350 GBP. We've also used Tom Weiss' rule additions and band lists and Jason's Secret Objectives. Thanks to both guys, all these additions were working top notch and have helped to ensure the enjoyment of all aspects of Gothic wargaming. Surely, Chris and me aren't experts in CiC, so we needed quite a bit of time trying to use all the special rules we have. Though finally I've forgot to try the blood-sucking or to give some stakes to Chris' warband. Sorry, Chris, such was not my intention, for sure :)

Ok, let's check the photos. The table. 1,20x1,20m. Almost everything terrain is painted by Grimm, my personal hero and an absolute genius if it comes to make and paint terrain. I only have based the trees and apinted that boring shed on the corner. Thanks, mate! The last one he did for me is that middle-age-looking castle, actually a GW piece. Grimm has removed some of the countless skulls and did his best making it suitable for my Gothic and Bruegelburg games. The lovely two "fachwerk" houses manufactured by Pardulon, the company from our own Zafarelli, thanks to him, too! The cemetery is from Armorcast. The blacksmith's shop - no idea, the red-roofed shed - Hovels. many of the trees are from HEKI, a german company, producing them for Railway Modelling. Looking very good and I'm glad that I've managed to get them ready for the game.

Warbands.

Romanian Vampires lead by Vampir Lord, master of Evil, Count Attila von Siebenburgen accompanied by faithful Hunchback Oleg, his brides/acolythes Arachne, Crescentia, Letizia and his personal Cossack guard (Bogdan (Hero), Stepan, Ivaylo, Mihai, Matei and Gherasim). Almost all the models are from Westwind, except of the the Hero, the green-coat-guy, he's from Foundry, I didnt manage to paint the Westwind hero one.

Now the opponents, Bruderschaft, lead by a Grossmeister, sorry no individual names yet, maybe for the next game. They all are Westwind and painted by Christian Weiss (yes, the brother of Tom. I tell you, a very talended family :))

First we did draw the Secret Objectives, the Vampires got the Search, the Kidnapping and the Invasion

The Bruderschaft got the Duell, the Rescue and the Search.

Person of Interest - Martha Karagusza with his lovely children.

Key Lokation - blacksmith's shop.

Eventually we've placed six of the clues on the table, three on each half of the table

Start position of the warbands:

And go! The Cossacks are going to the next hill, trying to find a good position for the shooting.

Two of the Brides are running along the cemetery looking for the clues. The Count, the hunchback and the third bride are aiming the forest, where the naive Martha with her children is walking.

The bunch of brothers is rushing ahead, they have been told a pretty looking widow is in danger and now every guy is trying to rescue her first.

Though the Grosmeister seems to be the speediest one.

In the meantime the Count found the poor woman and told her all the stories about all the pretty things in his castle. The widow is tempted to come along.

The hunchback being a bit slower than his beloved Count is shambling through the forest trying to catch up. "Master! Ma-a-a-aster! I'm coming!"

But the Grossmeister after some spurting is arrived. He lunges out and throws something like a bottle towards the Count. Holy Water Alarm! Count is a bit frightened as the bottle hits him but fortunately he manages his Damage test. The epic battle of Good and Evil begins!

on the other side of the forest the Priest with an Ordensbruder are checking the road. They did spot one of the Brides nearing and the brave dog Bonifacius tries to  defend the priest from the spawn of the Devil. Letizia isn't really afraid of and kills the dog easily. Our first close combat. Wow, the Claws are really effective...

Back to the Main Show! After two rounds Grossmeister has lost all his Vitality points. The teamwork of Count and Crescentia did its best.

But then the Priest appears with the Holy Symbol, his True Faith and a Medical Bag. After some rules checking and dice throwing the Vampire Lord has been driven back and the Grossmeister has been healed. Not bad, old boy!

Some rumbles. Claws. Swords.

Supporting by Oleg the unholy bunch manages to KO both guys. This time definitely.

Meanwhile Arachne has captured the Key Lokation

The Cossacks were trying all the time to hit somebody but not very effective. ON their account is the second dog and one or two Ritterbrüder. Also the Ritterbrüder with 8 (!) Crowssbows didn't manage to hurt too many of the cossacks. Bogdan (cossack hero) wasn't bad at all collecting and cracking the clues (two of them)

After seven rounds we've decided to stop. The Vampires got 6 of the Victory Points, Bruderschaft only one and they now have to look for a new Grossmeister.

The game was a great fun. We surely did forget some special rules and things and probably did misinterpret some others. No matter, it was our first game. The "Vampiric Might" was a top notch feature and Claws were deadly. Also the movement of 6 inchs was quite helpful. The Lord with Extra Strength and Extra Agility is a killing machine. The Acolytes being able to use the Vampiric Might trait are very dangerous, too.

Bruderschaft's performance wasn't that good, probably due to the forest between them and Vampires, their only target were some Cossacks on the hill, too far for lots of proper hits. So all the nice ranged weapons haven't been used much. With some more support for the good guys in the battle in the forest we perhaps could have get another ending.

Anyway, good game, good rules. I'm looking forward to more CiC gaming.

Finally a little scene. I didn't manage to try the Shape of the Bat/Beast, too. But the Count was very helpful and took some time for a photo-shooting :)

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
Gorgeous Alex. Great board and a great report  :)

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
Great stuff. :)

I like the photos of the Count looming over the young lady in the woods and the Grossmeister arriving to try and save her.
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Marine0846

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Excellent report.
The terrain and figures are so well done.
Lucky gamers who are able to play in a game as nice as yours.
Love it.
Semper Fi, Mac

Offline jet

• Mad Scientist
    • Geektactica
Absolutely epic game! So good to see the Secret Objective cards being used on such a good-looking table.

Just to clarify a few points:

1. You never revealed your three objective cards to your opponent until the game was over, right? Just making sure.

2. You should look at the "Ending the Game" Entry on page 2 of the Playsheet. If your vampires scored their full 6 VP, they IMMEDIATELY reveal their cards and win the game. So, if you scored 2VP for the Cossack hero finding two clues, 2VP for holding the Person of Interest, as soon as Arachne moved into the key location as the sole occupant, you end it right then and there and win.

Anyway, hope to see you guys playing lots more and posting the photos here. I am painting my new games room tonight so I hope it will be ready for gaming right after Xmas.

Offline Tenz

• Librarian
    • Basement Motive
Wow, wow, wow. What an amazing setup! Both figures and terrain are top notch. Glad to hear you had alot of fun. That Romanian vampire master is a wreaking ball in combat.

I look forward to seeing more photos!

Tenz