Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 11:50:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1692957
  • Total Topics: 118499
  • Online Today: 665
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Who's this wizard  (Read 1676 times)

Offline Like_Clockwork

• Bookworm
  • "The only way to meet your equal, is to become it"
Who's this wizard
« on: June 22, 2016, 04:25:14 AM »
So looking around the core book, I see the common theme of every couple of pages there is a depiction of a wizard of varying kinds. I also see a majority of those depictions have miniatures. Looking at them, I have seen one that caught my eye in particular. Does anyone know what kind of wizard this is? It appears to be either a Chronomancer or an Enchanter. Also, is there a miniature of this? I am infatuated with this wizard, it looks incredibly cool and I think if it looked EXACTLY like that in that EXACT pose, that would be an incredible miniature.
(If it isn't appearing, I will fix it)

Thank you,
Like Clockwork
I do hope you enjoyed reading whatever it is I have typed, I likely put some thought into it, and appreciate when others look into my brain and go, "Huh, okay"

Offline Radu Lykan

• Bookworm
Re: Who's this wizard
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2016, 08:15:09 AM »
That pic is on the chronomancer page.
There isn't a model like that yet.
Conversion time?
Some of the thigh boot legs from the empire free company combined with an elf wizard torso or maybe even a skitarri torso for the cloak/coat?

Offline Daniel36

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2016, 08:44:15 AM »
Well, we ARE seeing some variant Wizard models coming up (I remember seeing the Elementalist and another in the Gnickstarter), so perhaps we will see this model soon!

Offline Paddy649

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2016, 09:06:34 AM »
If you read Joe McCullough's blog (http://therenaissancetroll.blogspot.co.uk/) you'll find that is one of the 30 prelimiunary sketches that the Frostgrave artist, Dmitry Burmak, did of a wizard from each of the 10 schools before they down selected a particular look for the main illiustrations and models.  So it is one of the 30 options for wizards and one of the 3 pre-production options for the Chronomancer.  Evidently it didn't make the cut - and I can see why as sculpting and casting a miniature based on that initial sketch would have been difficult to say the least.  If you look at all 30 sketches - by and large I think that they chose the best ones and where my favourite differed I could see why practical reasons may have swayed the decision.

More stuff about Dmitry Burmak here: https://ospreypublishing.com/blog/cat/osprey-games/post/Meet_The_Frostgrave_Artist/

Offline Drachenklinge

• Mastermind
  • °_O ... gnihihi ...
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2016, 09:32:04 PM »
due to the shos it might even be a she, actually.

However, this scetch reminds me a bit on the pathfinder series. You might want to take a look at these, there might be few close enough for starting a conversion as well.

Also some old Confro minis from old tin-time Rackham spring to my mind, maybe tricky to get, though.
Then again some Freebooter Miniatures might do the trick.
best wishes
Drachenklinge
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's no problem talking to Your miniatures! Beware, when they begin replying.

Offline CthulhuPunk

• Librarian
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2016, 11:22:08 PM »
I have to say it looked like a female wizard immediately to me! And funnily enough, I was also going to say it looked very Pathfinder too. Check out the Reaper pathfinder range first though I think metal versions of some characters sometimes appear in Dark Heaven Legends or Legendary Encounters ranges.
Follow more witterings on Twitter: @CthulhuPunk