Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 06:36:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
  • Total Members: 10472
  • Latest: J_elves
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1693388
  • Total Topics: 118532
  • Online Today: 669
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: News Exclusive: Mob Attack Police Pound! (7TV battle report)  (Read 2608 times)

Offline Andym

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
News Exclusive: Mob Attack Police Pound! (7TV battle report)
« on: January 17, 2013, 01:02:08 PM »
Last night my brother and I played a small 7tv game. It's based around the 'Reconnaissance' mission in the basic rule book.

My brother (playing the Mob) has to reccy out the police impound. DI Mac Macdonald, WPC  Morag Black and a unit of policemen from 'G' division have over the last 6 months hit the mob hard, where it hurts, in their wallets. They've confiscated thousands of pounds worth  assets, guns, drugs, etc and put it in a secure warehouse. It's the mobs job to find the weaknesses in their defence so they can later put a raid on said goods. There's 4 objectives for the devious baddies. The main barrier, a section of fence, the back-up generator and the door into the warehouse itself!

Support for the police is at its highest with the success they've been having. The event cards drawn allowed the boys in blue 16 think tank points!! Gadgets galore! :D DI Macdonald had a tip off that the mob were coming and had orders to capture the mob boss. To do this he was given a 'Capture Bubble', a floating bubble that moves on its own and captures anything it touches, and a bullet-proof vest to protect himself. WPC black also received a medi-kit in case of any mishaps!

To start with, the mob set up on the opposite from the warehouse in 2 forces, the boss with his lackies and a hit man all on his own sneaking up behind the police staff cars. Straight away the heroic police managed to force the evil mob to redeploy, sending the mob boss over to start behind the hit man. This left the lackies on their own. First on the scene for the police was DI Macdonald and 2 bobbies. The rest were left in the back of the 'meatwagon' until they were given the signal( or until they rolled a successfully reinforcements roll!)

The underhanded gang were the first to draw blood. One thug gunned down an innocent policeman outside the staff tearoom right in front of Madonalds eyes!! Mac fired off his signature high calibre pistol but didn't cause any damage! At the point the remain heroic policeman tried to outflank the evil-doers at the main gate and get the drop. Hearing the noises, WPC Black and most of the rest of the force piled out the back of the van to assist. The WPC immediately went to her downed comrades aid and patched him up while the other police headed for the gate and the fence line where they spotted the notorious gang boss sneaking up on their defences!

DI Macdonald, noticing the boss, let loose the capture bubble, while the officers appearing beside the backup genny fearlessly ran toward the fenceline and the hit man!

WPC Black and her heroic boys in blue, having defeated the low-life's at the gate, set about closing on the boss and his hit man!

The evil gangland boss, seeing the bubble, opened fire on it, eventually bursting it! Seeing the bobbies clambering over the fence after him sent him into a rage! After knocking the first 2 unfortunates down he tried to use his fearsome stature to charge down another 2!! With the help from DI Mac he was finally brought down along with his faithful hit man!!

Score one to the coppers! ;)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 01:04:09 PM by Andym »

Offline uti long smile

• Galactic Brain
Re: News Exclusive: Mob Attack Police Pound! (7TV battle report)
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 01:46:21 PM »
Cracking stuff! Did you enjoy the game?
Something Crooked this way comes...
http://www.crooked-dice.co.uk/
Wargaming in the world of Cult TV

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 06:54:56 PM »
No :'( :'( :'(
I got slaughtered :-[
Every dice roll seemed to go against me. The very first gadget roll, I rolled 1 point, my Bruv got 16 :o :o
Some photos from my side

Offline Brummie Thug

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Brummies Wargaming Blog
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 08:37:29 PM »
Loved it!! More!!  :-* :-*

Offline Bobble

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2013, 08:40:16 PM »
Lovely looking board,chaps! Simple and elegant
Love the low relief building!
Had my rules since they first came out and still haven't tried them (no one to play against unfortunately and kinda crap at meeting new people so although I've met Karl at a few shows didn't have the bottle to chat let alone try a demo game) how do you find them? Are they as much fun as they appear to be?

Offline uti long smile

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2013, 07:57:29 AM »
Lovely looking board,chaps! Simple and elegant
Love the low relief building!
Had my rules since they first came out and still haven't tried them (no one to play against unfortunately and kinda crap at meeting new people so although I've met Karl at a few shows didn't have the bottle to chat let alone try a demo game) how do you find them? Are they as much fun as they appear to be?

Always feel free to have a natter :)

Offline Deathjester

• Bookworm
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2013, 08:46:19 AM »
And I am usually at the shows as well, loitering around the Crooked Goodness and can always help you out during demos etc..

Offline Andym

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2013, 03:59:37 PM »
Cracking stuff! Did you enjoy the game?

Loved it! It does help winning though! ;) This is our 5th game. For people used to playing old school GW we picked it up really quickly! Our thing just now is trying to get a board together that we can play on. I've been busy with other builds and my brother is determined to finish his pirate board, so at this point we've just pillaged what ever we have from other games! My brother managed to make us a concrete board and some fencing, the rest of the great stuff is a wall and shack from 2 of my bruvs LPL entries and a generator we used for an Inquistor game. We keep hatching evil plans to build a lair, like maybe the pool with the huge Boa constrictor in it from 'Moonraker' or the submarine eating tanker from 'The Spy Who Loved Me', but they're too specific, we need something a bit more generic!

We do have a couple of questions though..

1: The capture bubble acts as another model on your side, does this mean it has two actions as well? It moves 8" this means it could move 16" on one activation?

2: is the capture bubble affected by terrain?

3: In the main rule book, DI Frank Skelton has a high calibre pistol which is also his signature weapon, does this mean he roil 2 dice to hit( and choose the highest) because of the high calibre AND roll 2 dice for damage because it's his signature weapon?

Offline Bobble

• Scientist
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2013, 07:37:36 PM »
Cheers,Karl. I'll be loitering round your stand at Salute and hopefully Cavalier too so will try and have a chat
How were the fences made? What mesh did you use? They look fantastic

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2013, 11:56:20 PM »
Thanks
The mesh is from an old waste paper bin my daughter was throwing out. It looked ideal for fence material :D
The rest is just plastic H beam, some thick wire and some other wire that looks like barb wire from a distance. Still to finish painting. will post some better pictures when its finished,

Offline Blackwolf

• Potato Cup 3 winner
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2013, 07:01:27 AM »
What a good looking game :) Nice motors too ;)
May the Wolf  Walk With You
http://greywolf1066.blogspot.com.au/

Painting Clubs Joined: APC,MPC, PPC,PAPC,LPC.

Offline Paleskin

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2013, 09:41:54 AM »
Looks fun!

Security fences....where from?

Cheers

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2013, 11:20:13 AM »
Looks fun!

Security fences....where from?

Cheers
Home made