Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:33:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690780
  • Total Topics: 118349
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Triumph of Death Kickstarter is live!  (Read 2654 times)

Offline Skull and Crown

• Bookworm
    • Skull and Crown
Triumph of Death Kickstarter is live!
« on: May 12, 2017, 09:05:15 AM »
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/23535743/renaissance-skeleton-army-28mm-miniatures-for-game

Triumph of Death: 28mm Renaissance skeleton army miniatures cast in white metal for gamers and collectors, by Skull and Crown Stratagem, Inc.

Offline flags_of_war

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Flags of War
Re: Triumph of Death Kickstarter is live!
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2017, 09:49:33 AM »
Backed and almost funded. Do you need some flags :)

Offline Skull and Crown

• Bookworm
    • Skull and Crown
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2017, 09:53:59 AM »
Backed and almost funded. Do you need some flags :)
Thanks man! I'm blown away- almost funded in an hour!

Actually I have some flags already to go- but thanks kindly!

Cheers
Ths

Offline S J Donovan

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2017, 11:00:12 PM »
Was looking forward to this, annoyed that there's no way to get one of everything without going for one of the multiple unit deals.

Offline Skull and Crown

• Bookworm
    • Skull and Crown
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2017, 05:37:07 AM »
Was looking forward to this, annoyed that there's no way to get one of everything without going for one of the multiple unit deals.

SJ Donavan-  Be just and fear naught! you can get one of everything with the Collection of Death Deal at the very top of the KS.
Cheers, and thanks for looking!

Ths

Offline S J Donovan

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2017, 03:32:11 AM »
Um, no you can't? Collection of Death mentions 10 miniatures, all the unlocked rank n' file variants are mentioned as only being in certain regiment deals and the priest and reliquaries are only for $60 and more pledges.

There isn't any mention that you can add them to a pledge and certainly no prices.

Edit: Also, if someone wanted everything you couldn't do it on a $60 pledge either. Since there are some rank n' file variants unique to at least three different regiment types I think.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 03:36:25 AM by S J Donovan »

Offline Dr Mathias

• LPL Champion (S6,S7) Bronze Medalist (S5)
  • Galactic Brain
  • Purveyor of the one-and-only Miracle Elixir!
    • Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2017, 04:11:32 AM »
I'd really be interested in an easy way to get one of every figure that becomes available.

I don't play rank-and-file wargames, so full units don't do me any good. Believe me, I've tried :)

I do however love The Triumph of Death- it is one of my all-time favorite paintings from long before I took any art history classes, and I'll have to get in on this in one form or another.

a mixture of quick parts, sarcastic humour, reserve, and caprice.
Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza

Offline Skull and Crown

• Bookworm
    • Skull and Crown
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2017, 04:32:07 AM »
I'd really be interested in an easy way to get one of every figure that becomes available.

I don't play rank-and-file wargames, so full units don't do me any good. Believe me, I've tried :)

I do however love The Triumph of Death- it is one of my all-time favorite paintings from long before I took any art history classes, and I'll have to get in on this in one form or another.

Dr- Thanks for your interest. It is indeed an amazing painting with lots of cool, and creepy things! As to getting "all the pieces" you can get the basic set, but the new KS unlocks are currently exclusive to higher pledges. I do have one backer who bought in at $60 to get two of the collection of death sets, which does entitle him to the stretch goal rewards. 

As to variation, it's easy for me to swap variants of models, as I mentioned in the comments page of my KS. Just let me know which variation you are keen on when the end of KS survey's are filled out.

Cheers

Ths

Offline Skull and Crown

• Bookworm
    • Skull and Crown
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2017, 04:35:00 AM »
Um, no you can't? Collection of Death mentions 10 miniatures, all the unlocked rank n' file variants are mentioned as only being in certain regiment deals and the priest and reliquaries are only for $60 and more pledges.

There isn't any mention that you can add them to a pledge and certainly no prices.

Edit: Also, if someone wanted everything you couldn't do it on a $60 pledge either. Since there are some rank n' file variants unique to at least three different regiment types I think.

SJ- Ah, I see your dilemma- you are wanting the stretch goal reward miniatures as well. See my comment to Dr. M, it may help. I love your "gotta collect them all" attitude; all I can comment to that is you can wait till later in the year when I put the minis up on my store for sale.

Cheers
Ths

Offline S J Donovan

• Scientist
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2017, 07:29:29 PM »
I don't understand why this is such a weird request. I guess I should've gone for the March of the Dead kickstarter while it was up instead.

Offline Skrapwelder

• Mastermind
  • Pluviophile
    • What Ho, Cythereans!
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2017, 09:28:18 PM »
S J: It looks to me that if you pledge for the $30 Collection of death, which unlocks the add-ons, and then buy the Pale Horse and two command set Add-ons that puts you over the $60 pledge level for the stretch goals. That only leaves the two Unit variants. Considering the reply  Skull and Crown has above I'm betting if you noted it when you make your pledge he could swap out the extra torch bearers in the  Add-On command sets for the unit modifying Stretch Goal figures. Pretty sure that would get you one of each.

Offline S J Donovan

• Scientist
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2017, 01:40:21 AM »
No, that would mean buying extra copies and be much more expensive than just a buy one of each option. With such a limited focus and number of figures you'd figure that would be a natural way to go.

Maybe I'll remember to check back in a year. However I'll probably just pick up the Minifigs originals before then.

Offline Timbor

• Mastermind
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2017, 03:09:00 AM »
Maybe it is a matter of the mould arrangement? If the mould is designed to have multiples to use in a unit, picking out individual models to fulfill customer orders can not only be a logistical nightmare, but may leave the seller with many mismatched figures. All this results in lost time and profit for what is arguably a labour of love/passion rather than a purely monetary venture.

Also, in my experience, a politely scripted private message often yields much more success than a public rant.  ;)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 01:42:55 PM by Timbor »
Paint log - leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=36840.0

Blog - My life in Millimetres

Offline mweaver

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2017, 03:37:29 AM »
Nice looking figures, and skellies paint up fairly fast.  I'm in.

-Michael

Offline Dr Mathias

• LPL Champion (S6,S7) Bronze Medalist (S5)
  • Galactic Brain
  • Purveyor of the one-and-only Miracle Elixir!
    • Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2017, 04:27:16 PM »
Would a $120 pledge ('Legion of Death') plus $14 for the 'Pale Horse' cover everything this KS offers?

I suppose to do this right I'd need to have a nice row of guys with coffin shields :)