Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:55:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: (NEW) Post a picture of the last game you played! 7/01/2017+  (Read 607534 times)

Offline Vis Bellica

• Scientist
    • Vis Lardica
Re: (NEW) Post a picture of the last game you played! 7/01/2017+
« Reply #2640 on: December 31, 2020, 10:13:00 AM »
My last game of the year: To The Strongest featuring my newly-painted Classical Indians versus the Beardless Proconsul's Marian Romans:

Full report at:

https://www.vislardica.com/blog/2020/12/31/tts-aar-classical-indians-versus-caesarian-romans

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #2641 on: January 01, 2021, 09:38:54 PM »
Last game of 2020, finishing the year in its own inimitable style... ::)

A bloody race of Gaslands on my new desert table. The Voivod brought his Gaslands checkpoints (as I still have to build my own), and off we went, with 50 Cans worth of post-apocalyptic mayhem a side:

Both teams were off to a good start. My last car on the grid bumped into the car in front of it though, so it had to do a bit of catch up.

Nearing the first checkpoint, things were looking pretty good, even though I did not have the lead yet. After all, most guns in this game fire forward, so being ahead is not always a good thing, especially early on in the race.

One of Voivod's cars ran into a bit of trouble too, veering off and wiping out just before the turn into the checkpoint. I cheered, but this would literally come back to bite me later on.

My RPG toting buggy jumps across the first checkpoint, after which it's weapon's free! Voivod's minigun armed truck is smartly avoiding the caltrops my performance car had dropped directly in front of it. It let go with a long burst of gatling fire, but missed completely. It managed to do this a whopping four times in a row too! However, the single pistol shot from the driver always seemed to hit (and not only with his cars either; my RPG's did nigh on nothing, but the pistol shots all the more!)

The chasing cars reach the second checkpoint, and Voivod's truck bounces over into a tight turn to make it to the third. My two chasing cars are right behind him, getting off potshots all the time, slowly chipping away at the monster's armour. By this time, all RPG's have been expended, so the buggy is down to just it's pistol, but my third car, with its heavy machinegun, is adding its firepower to the chase.

I the meantime though, Voivod's first car is firmly in the lead, with my performance car behind, but not worryingly so. Both have already passed the third checkpoint and are on their way back to the finishline.

Voivod's last car is still straggling behind, having only just passed the first checkpoint, and it's now veering wildly off course, aiming for a head-on collission with my performance car!

At pointblank range, he fires his heavy machinegun right at my car's windshield, and rolls for damage. In Gaslands, a 4+ on a D6 is a hit, with a 6 counting for double damage. Damage can be saved by the opponent by rolling 6s on his throw, clearing one point of damage with each 6.

Black dice are mine... ::)

So yeah; my only contender in the race was destroyed quite spectacularly (it had already incurred some damage along the way), and with it, my chances of winning this race were gone too; Voivod's lead car only had to round one more corner and he crossed the finishline unopposed.

This was a fast and fun game, doubly enjoyable because we played it on a nice looking table, with great miniatures and terrain. A nice closure to an eventful year indeed... :)
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline The Voivod

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2642 on: January 02, 2021, 09:09:34 AM »
That was a great game. Ups and downs and loads a laughs.
And what better way to close 2020 than an apocalyptic race?
'Mercy? I am far to brave to grant you mercy.'

Offline Tomsche

• Mastermind
  • Crescat Scientia, Vita Excolatur
    • Società di archeologia e cimeli
« Reply #2643 on: January 02, 2021, 02:43:36 PM »
The first game of 2021 has been played, and I only needed 30 minutes to let my whole plan go to smithereens...

https://tomsche69.blogspot.com/2021/01/frostgrave-batrep-dark-alchemy-skeletal.html

Offline crafty

• Librarian
  • Slapdash
« Reply #2644 on: January 04, 2021, 07:20:37 AM »
Happy New Year. Yesterday I managed to get a quick face to face game of 1/72 Crossfire @ Darwin Tabletop Gamers.

The scenario:  Alpini  - with German support - tried to breakout past a Russian position. A very rough approximation of historical events of 1943....minus all the winter terrain & winterised figures of course. In typical CF fashion it was a quick & brutal game. If we had a little more time we probably could have tinkered a little with the scenario (in other words...it was a heavy Italian defeat..haha)

The Italians secured one objective before their supporting guns & armour were lazed up, and the attack petered out.

Two bloody T-34s prowled about, popping off rounds and were very effective in suppressing the hapless Alpini as they tried to advance..

My mate scored a nice little flank shot from one of his hidden anti-rifles, disabling my Panzer IV.

Depending on my financial situation this year, I'd like to try Battlegroup, paint up some 1/48 African Wars/Cold War era vehicles, and possibly paint up a few 28mm Vikings for Fistful of Lead/Ravenfeast.

Take care, all the best.
This Slap-Dash Life
@Mcslapdash@mastodon.social

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #2645 on: January 06, 2021, 06:43:11 PM »
I and The Sons of Hammers, Fivers and CanO'Bear, played a game of FrostGrave (or FallGrave as we call it) over the Holidays. Lots of fun!

Young Fivers fielded a Enchanter wizard and apprentice and their kin, The Sons of Sven which I have shown elsewhere.

I've taken a few rubbish photos, telephone from the hip, like.

The spread is placed on our new autumnal gaming matt which young CanO'Beer and I made last summer. Did I do a Step-By-Step on that one? I know I intended to. There are various Hirs Art and GW ruins on it as well as some custom builds, like the gallows and the weirwood. Most trees are GW, for which I have developed a fondness. Closest to the camera is a piece of Mirkwood terrain I bult some years ago.

Maester Sven with a few of his sons and nephews huddled together in a ruin. This is very representative of Fiver’s strategic thinking. He hates losing even a single health point of his main protagonists and shields them diligently with the hire help, in this case more expendable cadet branches of the Sven clan. He was soon to learn this is not always an ideal strategy.

Greta the Great, the fire elemental wizard and leader of CanO'Beers motly gang of treasure hunters. CanO'Bear picked a lot of cool sounding spells, like ElementalStorm and Fire Whip, which mostly proved quite useless. Also, she had the Witch spell "Poison Dart" which she proved, ahaha, she was quite out of her element casting, failing three times in a row.

Gretas apprentice, Will of Watership, had much better luck, as he picked up a rock which imbued it with magick and tossed it into a huddle of Svens, nearly wiping all of them out in a single action. Frostgrave rules at their best. :) The henchman with the battle flail looks like he is about to bash Will in the noggin but they are actually paid out of the same purse.

Tracker Not-Sven the Bastard dredging treasure out of the pond before the mighty weirwood.

Andree the Giant, a barbarian hulk of a man who has hooked up with Greta the Great. He is here about to take a few lumbering strides onto the gallows to collect a treasure token, only to find himself shot up to within an inch of his life by a Sons of Sven archer.

Gretas treasured warhound rotweiller, Rosie, flies at the the throat of Sven the Hound. These to were harrying each other for several rounds with none of them emerging the winner.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 05:49:41 PM by Hammers »

Offline dadlamassu

• Mastermind
    • http://www.morvalearth.co.uk
« Reply #2646 on: January 06, 2021, 07:16:22 PM »
Bonsai and battles! Interesting game, figures and write up.

For some reason I cannot see photos in your linked thread.  Is it me?

Also who makes Andree the Giant, barbarian hulk?

'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.'
-- Xenophon, The Anabasis

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #2647 on: January 06, 2021, 07:36:30 PM »
Can't see the pictures :'( :'( :'(

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #2648 on: January 06, 2021, 07:46:16 PM »
Can't see the pictures :'( :'( :'(

Now why the fuck is that? If I use the url in a browser the pics crop up no problem. Is there a image size limit?

Offline pixelgeek

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
« Reply #2649 on: January 06, 2021, 07:59:14 PM »
Now why the fuck is that? If I use the url in a browser the pics crop up no problem. Is there a image size limit?

There is but it triggers when you try to upload.

I can see the images okay. Might be an issue local to the folks viewing them. Usually its me with those problems.

Offline pixelgeek

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
« Reply #2650 on: January 06, 2021, 08:03:20 PM »
Another solo Oathmark game. The twins are more interested in their Nintendo Switch sadly. Once again the Elves get frustrated with trying to win the Chance Engagement scenario.

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #2651 on: January 06, 2021, 08:05:10 PM »
There is but it triggers when you try to upload.

I can see the images okay. Might be an issue local to the folks viewing them. Usually its me with those problems.

Weird. I can't see them either. I've checked the permissions on my web hotell and they are alright...

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #2652 on: January 06, 2021, 08:31:09 PM »
I can see them fine, Mr. H.

Looks good, despite the so-called rubbish photos.

With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #2653 on: January 07, 2021, 06:11:30 AM »
Chalk me up to not seeing them, using Firefox.
2024 Painted Miniatures: 166
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline pieface paul

• Assistant
  • International man of mystery
    • Pauls Wargames Blog
« Reply #2654 on: January 07, 2021, 12:26:25 PM »
I had a good game of Oathmark using my old Warhammer stuff.

Enough of this talking, let's get on.