Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:46:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686475
  • Total Topics: 118102
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: 15mm Legio Heroica Sassanid Persians under L'Art de la Guerre - Madaxeman.com  (Read 1363 times)

Offline madaxeman

• Scientist
    • Madaxeman.com
With this year's BHGS Challenge taking place in the galaxy-sized open spaces of Birmingham's NEC expo centre, the first army to be dropped to the planetary surface was also a brand new to the table outfit - the much-trailed Sassanid Persians.

Resplendent in their new livery, the "Sausages", as they have been affectionately known to generations of wargamers were certainly Feeling the Force as they deployed an army built around a massive Death Star, surrounded by horsemen with Massive Heeds (or those 'lightbulb' hats to be more precise).

To find out what happened, the best bet is to see if your local protocol droid will help you translate each of these 5 match reports into something sensible.

You can also listen to a podcast at the end of Battle Report # 4 to help you learn how to build a good Sassanid list in ADLG - which is much easier than having to ask a couple of favours from some guys who look just like Tuskan Raiders...

May the Sausages Be With You..!
Web: Madaxeman.com
On Twitter: twitter.com
On Facebook:  facebook.com
Devon holiday?: The Captains Cottage Brixham

Offline Sir Tobi

• Bookworm
    • Tobi's Paint Pot
A fantastic and very entertaining report - many thanks. I read all five AAR's and afterwards took the rulebook, blew off the dust and thought: OK, give it a chance. I think I may have been infected with the ADG-Virus  ;)

Offline madaxeman

• Scientist
    • Madaxeman.com
A fantastic and very entertaining report - many thanks. I read all five AAR's and afterwards took the rulebook, blew off the dust and thought: OK, give it a chance. I think I may have been infected with the ADG-Virus  ;)

Excellent! 

Listening to/watching the podcast might also be a good idea - hearing someone talk about their thinking behind how they constructed a list can spark off quite a few ideas I find...