Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 02:52:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690366
  • Total Topics: 118327
  • Online Today: 594
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Looking for 6 mm/ 1:285 (300) Figures and vehicles suitable for Special Forces  (Read 883 times)

Offline madman

• Scientist
I am curious who, if anyone makes miniatures suitable in our scale? For troops themselves I would think the GHQ N562 Modern French Individual Infantrymen would work. Anything else out there? I am looking for troopers with suitable 'kit'

As for vehicles there are plenty of suitable helis. But what about small vehicles? Dirt bikes, quads, various unarmoured, but heavily armed and crewed cross country transports (small capacity). As for boats Scotia makes men in rubber rafts and semi hard assault boats. PT dockyards used to make SOC-R boats but the molds died with my order.

In addition who makes standing figures firing crew served weapons? I am talking M2s, grenade launchers, etc.. Also suitable weapons, M2s not on tripods, GLs, miniguns (my favorite need), twin M240s/M60s, etc.. Could use a lot of these on helis, swift boats and PBRs since they are presently crewed by ghosts.

Thanks in advance.

Stephen
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 05:06:11 PM by madman »

Offline peachy rex

• Bookworm
For armed softskins, GHQ has the dunebuggy-style Fast Attack Vehicle (N522), the Landrover 110 (N145) and the Peugeot P4 (N591).

Offline madman

• Scientist
Yes, the FAV was what I was talking about. Less so the various land rovers/jeeps and similar as they are well served and obvious. As for troopers I mean the guys in battle armour, helmet mounted sights or similar. H&R makes (made?) an XR311.

Offline madman

• Scientist
Turns out Scotia has a selection of FAVs armed with all sorts of weapons. Also turns out they must have been around for over 25 years as I have 9 of them with various weapons.

I also found in my collection what looks like a small quad with a driver only and some kind of load which looks like a milan, or grenade launcher in some kind of mount in the back. Have to do some research to find it, nothing I have found on Scotia or H&R matches.

What I had in mind for present day versions of the FAV are the LTATV for smaller (2 man) operations or the MRZR-4 for up to 4 persons.

Stephen

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
Turns out Scotia has a selection of FAVs armed with all sorts of weapons. Also turns out they must have been around for over 25 years as I have 9 of them with various weapons.
I had forgotten about them (I have some somewhere). I think FAV with hellfire, FAV with designator and Apache were valid choices. You could indirect fire the hellfires over a hill and use the designator on the FAV or a "hull down" Apache to target them. I wish I could remember the rules used....