Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:08:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Wild West Train photos...hopefully  (Read 15367 times)

Offline Hawkeye

• Mastermind
Re: Wild West Train photos...hopefully
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2009, 11:21:48 PM »
Thanks, Hitman.

Historicon I've heard of, but it's a shame it's so far away. Too far to drive, really, although not impossible. I'd love to go, so I'll have a think about that. Transporting minis would be the issue if I had to fly, but it would be great to meet other people from the forum, yourself included. By the way, that sounds like quite an Old West collection you have! Excellent!

The one in Kansas City is good news - I'll look into it and see if I can find the name and date. And Nashcon - Nashville's probably within driving distance for me, unless me US geography is even worse than I think it is...

Other than that, the ones in Illinois are within driving distance, although I'll have missed them for this year, I think. Good to know for the future, though. I've done the drive to Illinois a few times, and it's not that bad.

And as for the pencil sharpener stage coach - I'll keep my eyes open for it! I bet there must be souveneir shops in Kansas City that sell them, so the next time I'm up that way I'll have a look!

Thanks again, Hitman!
Sono Pazzi Questi Romani

Offline Hitman

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2009, 03:52:39 PM »
Hawkeye;
If the pencil sharpener stage coach is the right size, I may get you to pick me one up...or vice-versa!! I'll keep my eyes open...sometimes the dollar stores have them too!!
Hitman
Victory is guaranteed to the last man standing, but always remember those whom you stepped on to get there!!

Offline Hawkeye

• Mastermind
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2009, 04:27:04 PM »
Hitman: I'll watch out for them for both of us! Now that I know what to look for, I'll stumble across some eventually.

Offline Hitman

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2009, 06:58:20 PM »
Hawkeye;
Thanks...I appreciate that. By the way I noticed on TMP today that another convention close to you is coming up on April 24 - 26 in Kansas City called Call to Arms.

http://www.hahmgs.org/

You might want to check it out!!
Regards,
Hitman

Offline Hawkeye

• Mastermind
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2009, 07:55:13 PM »
Thanks, Hitman. I've checked out the link, and it looks interesting, but the dates are bad for me - right at the end of the semester, when I have stacks of grading to do, so unfortunately I won't be able to go. I'm thinking hard about Historicon, though - it looks great!

So, any progress on the train depot?