Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 12:56:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1697735
  • Total Topics: 118855
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Clowning Around in Nether Winslet - an Unsatisfactory AAR  (Read 813 times)

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Clowning Around in Nether Winslet - an Unsatisfactory AAR
« on: September 07, 2017, 05:56:19 PM »
Unsatisfactory in that by the time the photographer from The Borsetshire Gazette arrived, the action was over. Unwilling to risk the wrath of Sir Rufus Pitt-Bulstrode whose men were involved, the photographer persuaded Sir Rufus's men to stage a reconstruction with the enemy (the dreadful Dr Weevil and his gang) being portrayed by empty spaces in the landscape.

Obviously such a contrived anti-climax is unfit to grace this forum but the story, with photos, is available on my blog for anyone at a loose end looking to while away 5 minutes.

https://velodoug.wordpress.com/2017/09/07/clowning-around-in-nether-winslet/

Doug

Offline Vagabond

• Mastermind
    • Vagabond's Wargaming Blog
Re: Clowning Around in Nether Winslet - an Unsatisfactory AAR
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 11:40:23 PM »
What can one say, a totally one sided game - where is Dr Weevil, is he the invisible man, was he even there.

You have a completely unique gaming system when only one side turns up, you can't fail to win lol lol

A lovely little board and the two clowns are fantastic :D

I remember your previous game report with Miss Sweetmeat I ended up buying her and the rest of the cluedo circle, they are all painted up now but not yet made it on to the table.

I enjoyed the read - cheers

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 09:20:39 AM »
John - thanks for saving me from the ignominy of a reply -free post. lol Although, to be fair, this thread didn't deserve any better. The game was played against Gary (Forlon Hope Miniature) and we were pushed for time so no photos were taken. However I wanted a report on the blog to maintain the ongoing story's chronology so "reconstructed" the game a couple of days later - hence the bizarre situation of one side only featuring in the account. I thought I may as well link it from here; if it's read, fine. If it's not that's hardly a calamity.

The sequel should be more interesting when the clowns, aided by their formidable wives and their equally formidable chimps, seek revenge. I plan on using the PA solo deck for the first time - I'll take the clowns and Nick Harpers lads will be the "bots".

Doug

Offline Wolf Girl

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 10:48:44 AM »
Fun story and cool terrain. Thanks for sharing.  :D :D

Mila Phipps, Pulp Girl
mila@pulpalley.com