Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:01:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686553
  • Total Topics: 118107
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Brand New Women of the Home Front by Bad Squiddo  (Read 4265 times)

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
Re: Brand New Women of the Home Front by Bad Squiddo
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2017, 06:35:38 AM »
They are really beautiful! And a great tribute to all those brave women!
Well done! I wish you all the best for this series!
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates. – Mark Twain, Life on the Mississippi

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2017, 07:01:27 AM »
Very good.

Hopefully I will not be too late at Warfare.

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2017, 09:48:24 AM »
Lovely idea and nice figures.

But my dear old nan would be mortified at the idea of putting shotguns into the hands of Land Girls. She thought they were a danger to themselves and others when given mere simple farm implements, never mind firearms. She grew up on a farm during the war, and didn't have a very high opinion of the Women's Land Army, I'm afraid. Hopeless Townies, she called them.  There's your traditional warm country welcome for city types, right there. lol

Now the Italian POWs who worked on the farm, and the black GI's that used to call for tea? Oh, that was different. She liked them, all right.  :)

With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline Annie

• Mad Scientist
  • "Down with this sort of thing!" (Careful now)
    • Bad Squiddo Games
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2017, 10:56:43 AM »
Thankyou so much!

The range will eventually become massive, but as always it's down to budget, these lot cost me a LOT, I had to cut my spreadsheet in half when giving the brief when I started adding it up. So they're released in waves to recoup some money before the next wave. The planned growth is for basically everything female and WW2 you can imagine! Of all the things I produce, the WW2 is where my heart is the most at, but you know what it's like, fingers in pies everywhere to maximise!

Like the the Soviets, I started with the "most likely to sell", so that when I am more comfortably cashed I can release some riskier ones that hey might not sell half as much but I personally want there to exist, so there are some fantastic plans for those. It is my hobby, passion and fascination, but also my full time job, so I have to bear in mind the paying the bills aspect, as well as caring for the most expensive guinea pig in the world (if you haven't been following it, she's had one condition after the other this year!) But really aside from living costs and the odd bowl of cheerios, it all gets invested back into new sculpts, I'm kind of obsessed...

So in a nutshell, buy these! Buy them! Go on! And the faster you buy them, the faster there will be more :D

Anniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiie

Offline Annie

• Mad Scientist
    • Bad Squiddo Games
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2017, 06:13:14 PM »

We all know about Dad's Army, but what about Mum's Army? Well it was indeed a thing, set up with the help of feminist campaigner "Flossie Bang Bang" - Dr Edith Summerskill. Women weren't to use manly guns or anything though, of course not. Not at all. Oops. Here we can see a serjeant drilling some civilian Women's Home Defence Corps members. There was no official uniform, just a badge.

In this particular pack, we kept the design loose so that they could either be trained WHDC or simply civillians. It opens up a lot of potentials scenarios. Perhaps the Germans have finally landed, or perhaps it's just a randy bovine in the woods, either way, it requires some investigation and prompt improvisation! Jesse has strung up her kitchen knife to a broom handle while Timmy has found one of her husband's Zulu artifacts to be a useful weapon.

The beauty of these miniatures is that are 100% historically accurate yet also work brilliantly in Pulp and "What if" type games.

http://badsquiddogames.com/shop#!/Pre-Order-the-Ladies-of-the-Home-Front/c/25226639/offset=0&sort=addedTimeDesc

Offline secharles

• Bookworm
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2017, 06:28:56 PM »
I think this range is a great 'balance' for all the male figures lurking about. of course I prefer civilian figures to warriors, so perhaps i'm a bit biased coming out of the gate.

Offline LordSpode1879

• Scientist
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2017, 09:12:06 PM »
Long may this concept continue.....Loved the Russians and while these current offerings might not fit in with what I need, I have hopes that in the future there will be some I really can't be without!
Now listen to me you benighted muckers. We're going to teach you soldiering. The world's noblest profession. When we're done with you, you'll be able to slaughter your enemies like civilized men.

Offline vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2017, 10:35:44 PM »
Yep there they are. Ladies with rifles. That's the historical proof. I certainly didn't know about that. My mum volunteered in the WAAF (later WRAF) where she met my dad who was in the RAF. They married on 6 June 1942.
I don't know if she ever had to learn to shoot.
I am going to build a wargames army, a big beautiful wargames army, and Mexico is going to pay for it.

2019 Painting Challenge :
figures bought: 500+
figures painted: 57
9 vehicles painted
4 terrain pieces scratchbuilt

Offline Annie

• Mad Scientist
    • Bad Squiddo Games
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2017, 09:35:35 AM »
Some amazing paint jobs from Paul Sanderson

Offline Mick_in_Switzerland

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2017, 09:44:51 AM »
Brilliant :-*

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2017, 10:12:55 AM »
Excellent paintjob! Stunning dresses with colors and patterns of the era! They are great  :-*

Offline SABOT

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
  • " Keep Loading !"
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2017, 10:36:34 AM »
They are just superb. I can understand your pride in these outstanding figures and I cannot wait to receive mine. This will rightly develop into a tribute as much as great gaming uses.

Just want to congratulate you and I will support you in this all the way. Still have a little space for a few more figures. 😄

Offline secharles

• Bookworm
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2017, 10:53:17 AM »
Excellent paintjob! Stunning dresses with colors and patterns of the era! They are great  :-*

X infinity!

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2017, 10:57:33 AM »
Someone has been hoarding all those Butterick pattern catalogues! Beautifully painted btw.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2017, 03:55:07 PM »
They are fantastically painted. I'd love to know how he did those?